Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Connecting printer to SYSPRINTER Post 303044292 by Neo on Tuesday 18th of February 2020 05:39:01 AM
Old 02-18-2020
You cannot debug most problems with popup windows.

Most people here will help you with command line tools, since this is the premier unix and linux forum where people tend to work from the command line.

Quote:
You can see that in the image IMG_0665.jpg
PS: There are no images attached to any posts in this discussion.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

know I do for to printer in printer deskjet 80colun

I want to print some thing in HP Deskjet 692.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How do you send printer codes to an IP printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) Thus the file is filled w/ control codes. We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print directly to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
2 Replies

3. AIX

Connecting to DB

Is it possible to connect to two databases in a single query with different username and passwords? provide an example pls (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring Printer with Printer Manager

Hi All, I am trying to configure printer in solaris 10 with the help of print manager. There is no printer attached to my system, ia m doing it for test purpose. However I am unable to do so coz its pops up window - Heading as error with option as dismiss and cancel. Kindly help as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing, SYSPRINTER, IP printing

Dear readers, We have a printer problem with a UNIX system. The OS is Unix IRIX 6.5 We have connected a printerto the system. If we then make a test print everything goes well . (IP printing) But if we make a print from the "orrga,i"program. Then we see all the printouts stuck within the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SergevdH
3 Replies
BINS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   BINS(1)

NAME
bins_edit -- Set fields in XML picture description files for BINS SYNOPSIS
bins_edit [-a | --album ] [-m | --html ] [-t title | --title title ] [-e event | --event event ] [-l location | --location loca- tion ] [-p people | --people people ] [-y date | --date date ] [-d description | --description description ] [--longdesc longDe- scription] [--shortdesc shortDescription] [--sample pictureFileName] [-g tag=value | --generic tag=value ] [-h | --help ] [-v | --verbose ] [-q | --quiet ] [file] [files ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bins_edit command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in HTML in /usr/share/doc/bins/index.html as well as a --help option. bins_edit sets values in the XML picture description files that bins(1) uses to generate galleries. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. file By default, file is the filename of the XML file with the image properties. If the argument has no .xml suffix, it is added, so you can directly give picture names on the command line. Spaces and other special characters (even newlines) can be used in val- ues given as parameters as long as they are enclosed between quotes. If the --album option is given, the filename refers to the directory of images, and the album.xml in that directory will be modi- fied instead. -a --album edit album description (instead of the default of editing the image description.) In this case, the file parameter must be the source directory of the album. Only the --title, --longdesc, --shortdesc and --sample switches make sense with this option. -m --html input value will be interpreted as HTML code, thus, no HTML encoding or quoting will be done. -t title --title title Set the title (of an image.) -e event --event event Set the event name (of an album or image.) -l location --location location Set the location (of an image.) -p people --people people Set the list of people (of an image.) -y date --date date Set the date (of an image.) -d description --description description Set the description (of an image.) --longdesc longDescription Set the long description (of an album.) --shortdesc shortDescription Set the short description (of an album.) --sample pictureFileName Select the sample picture, within this album, to be used on the album list (template subalbum.html.) Note that the filename is relative to the album directory, and thus doesn't have a directory component. -g tag=value --generic tag=value This lets you set arbitrary fields in the relevant XML file (of the image or the album.) Generic tags appear inside description which appears inside image; the tag appears as the name attribute of a field element, and the value appears as the content of the element. -h --help Gives quick help (which this man page is based on.) -v --verbose This switch can appear several times to increase verbosity level. -q --quiet Suppress output. EXAMPLES
Set the title of the Image.jpg file to "My picture": bins_edit -t "My picture" Image.jpg Set the title and location of all JPEG pictures in the directory: bins_edit --title Holiday --location Paris *.jpg Use of HTML values: bins_edit --html --description '<b>BINS</b> is cool' file.jpg Set the title short description and sample image of the album in the current directory (note the dot as final parameter): bins_edit -a -t "My Album" --sample image.jpg --shortdesc "This is my album" . SEE ALSO
bins (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Mark W. Eichin eichin@thok.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). As it is mostly derived from the bins_edit program itself, it is covered by the GNU General Public License. BINS(1)