Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Printing, SYSPRINTER, IP printing Post 303044116 by Neo on Friday 14th of February 2020 05:20:54 AM
Old 02-14-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergevdH
Sorry, I changed it.
No... it is not changed correctly.

Quote:
[FONT=&amp]Dear readers,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]We have a printer problem with a UNIX system.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The OS is Unix IRIX 6.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]We have connected a printerto the system. If we then make a test print everything goes well . (IP printing)[/FONT]
But if we make a print from the "orrga,i"program. Then we see all the printouts stuck within the print Queue "SYSPRINTER" but the don't come out the printer.
IT looks like the "SYSPRINTER"is no longer linked to the "HPLJ4".
IAdded 2 pictures from the printers to this message.
How can I solve this problem.
I think that I have to do something with the command "LPQ"
I don't have experiance with UNIX and UNIX commandlines

Please help me,
Kind regards,
Serge
You leave me no choice but to close this thread.

The next time you post here, please check your spelling, format your question properly in consideration of our users and experts here.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing

Ok, I found this http://docs.sun.com/?q=netstandard&p=/doc/805-7229/6j6q8svb1&a=view and I am trying to follow the section labled How To Add A Network Printer Using LP Commands But I just can't get these things to print (SUN hardware). We have an NT print server or I could print directly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbrandeb49
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Printing help Please

I would like to set up a local printer(actually a Brother Fax machine) to my Compaq Tru64 Unix computer but I dont know how. I've tried the SAM command with no success. The computer says does no recognize command. Please help.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donnieb79
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing

whenever i print a file in UNIX the bottom line gets cut off i was wondering is there any way to fix this? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiei
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing

How do I configure a UNIX printer to print to a Windows PC with vt320 emulation (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sowlix
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing

Hey, I'm trying to print in HP laserjet 2420 by using the command: lp -olandscape (file) For some reason it does not come out as landscape but as portrait. Help please. 10x. P.S. I'm using csh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kofiko
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

printing \n

Hi all, In a script I need to print a string: print "\n"; but i am not able to print the above mentioned string... Please help. Regards Rochit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
5 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page.

We are using Red Hat. We have a issue like this: We want to print from Linux, to a printer attached to a Windows machine. What we want to print is a PDF. It prints, but the printing starts from the middle of the page. In the report, there is no space at the top but still printing starts from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan69
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in printing %

Hi, while executing: printf "%05d\n" 12 32 00012 00032 Similarly i need to get the below outpurs: ###12 ###32 12%%% 32%%% (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
fntsample(1)						      General Commands Manual						      fntsample(1)

NAME
fntsample - PDF and PostScript font samples generator SYNOPSIS
fntsample [ OPTIONS ] -f FONT-FILE -o OUTPUT-FILE fntsample -h DESCRIPTION
fntsample program can be used to generate font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved into PDF (default) or PostScript file. OPTIONS
fntsample supports the following options. --font-file, -f FONT-FILE Make samples of FONT-FILE. --font-index, -n IDX Font index for FONT-FILE specified using --font-file option. Useful for files that contain multiple fonts, like TrueType Collec- tions (.ttc). By default font with index 0 is used. --output-file, -o OUTPUT-FILE Write output to OUTPUT-FILE. --other-font-file, -d OTHER-FONT Compare FONT-FILE with OTHER-FONT. Glyphs added to FONT-FILE will be highlighted. --other-index, -m IDX Font index for OTHER-FONT specified using --other-font-file option. --postscript-output, -s Use PostScript format for output instead of PDF. --svg, -g Use SVG format for output. The generated document contains one page. Use range selection options to specify which. --print-outline, -l Print document outlines data to standard output. This data can be used to add outlines (aka bookmarks) to resulting PDF file with pdfoutline program. --include-range, -i RANGE Show characters in RANGE. --exclude-range, -x RANGE Do not show characters in RANGE. --style, -t "STYLE: VAL" Set STYLE to value VAL. Run fntsample with option --help to see list of styles and default values. --help, -h Display help text and exit. Parameter RANGE for -i and -x can be given as one integer or a pair of integers delimited by minus sign (-). Integers can be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (0x...) or octal (0...) format. One integer of a pair can be missing (-N can be used to specify all characters with codes less or equal to N, and N- for all characters with codes greather or equal to N). Multiple -i and -x options can be used. EXAMPLES
Make PDF samples for font.ttf and write them to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PDF samples for font.ttf, compare it with oldfont.ttf and highlight new glyphs. Write output to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -d oldfont.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PostScript samples for font.ttf and write output to file samples.ps. Show only glyphs for characters with codes less or equal to U+04FF but exclude U+0370-U+03FF: fntsample -f font.ttf -s -o samples.ps -i -0x04FF -x 0x0370-0x03FF Make PDF samples for font.ttf and save output to file samples.pdf adding outlines to it: fntsample -f font.ttf -o temp.pdf -l > outlines.txt pdfoutline temp.pdf outlines.txt samples.pdf AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2007 Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> Homepage: <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/> SEE ALSO
pdfoutline(1) 2010-10-14 fntsample(1)