Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Executing if dynamic conditions in awk Post 303044002 by nezabudka on Wednesday 12th of February 2020 10:37:28 AM
Old 02-12-2020
Hi
the question under item 2. is not entirely clear
can you show the code how you are mapping and storing in the variable?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

About awk conditions

Hello, Can you explain why in the first 2 commands the awk does not print anything? Is it looking of a specific format ? Thanks. $ echo 12a3 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo 123a | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo a123 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' a123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majormark
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamic Downloading and executing of ELF files

Dear Group, I want to prepare an ELF file which can be downloaded dynamically to any address in the moemory and executes as a new task/thread/process. 1) for this what are all the compileation, linker options while building the ELF file? 2) which parts of ELF file has to modified while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravinder.are
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

specifying multiple conditions in AWK

how can i specify more than 1 consition in the following AWK statament?? i.e. if $2 is ABCD and $3 is MNOP and $4 is KLPM similarly for OR #!/bin/ksh awk -F '' ' $2 == "ABCD" { print $2, $3;}' file.xml (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with two conditions

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; # awk -F ";" '$5 == "5"' 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; but the output is should be just "1;2;3;4;5;6" means 1st condition: $5 is 5; 2nd condition: $6 is not empty, please advice. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in awk

Hi there, here is my command ssh host.local "/path/to/my/perscript/hostconfig.pl -s $HOST -d |awk '{if (\$4 > 120)print \"My error message\";exit}{s=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) s++; if(s == 13) print \$3}'" The problem is if conditional 1 is met (i.e $4 > 120), i don't see "My error message", the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with conditions

Hi All, I have a file with below contents. "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public I want to take the interface name from the file and convert it as ipaddress using ifconfig command get the output like below en6 ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk three conditions

I'm having a problem pulling UID's from data. The data outputs a user's UID in one of three ways: 1. Error User user_name already assigned with <UID> 2. Success <UID> reserved for user_name 3. <a load of crap because there was a db failure yet somehow the UID is still in there> I typically... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executing both the conditions.

I have written this script. This is used for creating a backup folder. #!/bin/sh #set -x . /home/.profile usage="Usage is $0" usage="$usage " # Use the getopt utility to set up the command line flags. set -- `/usr/bin/getopt b: $*` # Process individual command line arguments while ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions in awk

Hello Friends, I need to find some CDRs in production servers whose 1st field value and 2nd field value = 1 and 11th looks like 45.123... where there are more than 3 digits after comma.so i wrote a one liner, something like below but does not work, however when i used first and second conditions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
show mapping(1m)														  show mapping(1m)

NAME
show mapping - Shows the elements of the either the local or a remote endpoint map SYNOPSIS
rpccp show mapping [host-address] [-i if-id [-v versions]] [-o object-uuid [ -o object-uuid...]] OPTIONS
Defines an interface identifier to be shown (optional). Only one interface can be shown in a single operation. If specified, only ele- ments containing this interface identifier are shown. The -i option can be qualified by the -v option. The value has the following form: interface-uuid,major-version.minor-version The UUID is a hexadecimal string and the version numbers are decimal strings, for example: -i ec1eeb60-5943-11c9-a309-08002b102989,1.1 Leading zeros in version numbers are ignored. Indicates how a specified interface version is used (optional). If it is used without the -i option, the -v option is ignored. The possible combinations of versions for the -v option and their actions are described in the fol- lowing table. --------------------------------------------------- +-----------+-------------------------------------+ |Versions | Action | +-----------+-------------------------------------+ |all | The interface version is ignored. | |exact | Both the major and minor versions | | | must match the specified versions. | |compatible | The major version must match the | | | specified version, and the minor | | | version must be greater than or | | | equal to the specified version. | |major_only | The major version must match the | | | specified version; the minor ver- | | | sion is ignored. | |upto | The major version must be less than | | | or equal to that specified. If the | | | major versions are equal, the minor | | | version must be less than or equal | | | to that specified. | +-----------+-------------------------------------+ +-----------+-------------------------------------+ If the -v option is absent, the command shows compatible version numbers. Defines an object to be shown (optional). Each show mapping command accepts up to 32 -o options. The UUID is a hexadecimal string, for example: -o 3c6b8f60-5945-11c9-a236-08002b102989 ARGUMENTS
The host-address argument is a string binding that indicates where to find the target endpoint map. When accessing the local endpoint map, you can specify which protocol sequence to use (optional); for example, ncadg_ip_udp: When accessing a remote endpoint map, you must spec- ify both a protocol sequence and a network address for the remote system (required); for example, ncadg_ip_udp:16.20.16.44 An endpoint is unnecessary in local or remote host addresses, and the remove mapping command ignores any endpoint specified as part of a host address. DESCRIPTION
The show mapping command shows elements of an endpoint map. Each element corresponds to an object UUID, interface identifier, annotation, and binding information. The binding information contains an RPC protocol sequence, a network address, and an endpoint within square brack- ets (rpc- prot-seq:network-addr[endpoint]). The endpoint map can be either the local endpoint map or the endpoint map of a specified remote host. If entered without a remote host address, the command accesses the local endpoint map. For the local endpoint map, a show mapping command without any options displays all the map elements. For a remote endpoint map, map elements are accessible only for protocol sequences that are supported on both your system and the remote system. The options list a selected subset of map elements. The - i option selects a specific interface, and the -v option qualifies the -i option. The -o object selects a specific object. You can use from 0 to 32 -o options per command. The options work together to specify the subset of elements for the target protocol sequence(s). NOTES
Note that to ensure that you can remotely display all map elements from every remote endpoint map, run the RPC control program on a system that supports all of the protocol sequences available in your network environment. This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands start the control program and show the map elements in the local endpoint map that contain the specified interface identifier: $ rpccp rpccp> show mapping -i ec1eeb60-5943-11c9-a309-08002b102989,1.1 The following rpccp show mapping command operates from the system prompt. The command accesses the endpoint map of the remote host speci- fied by the host address (ncadg_ip_udp:16.20.16.44) and displays the one map element that contains both the specified interface identifier and the specified object UUID: $ rpccp show mapping > -i ec1eeb60-5943-11c9-a309-08002b102989,1.1 > -o 30dbeea0-fb6c-11c9-8eea-08002b0f4528 > ncadg_ip_udp:16.20.16.44 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove mapping(1m), show server(1m) show mapping(1m)