Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic Post 303043994 by Neo on Wednesday 12th of February 2020 09:05:26 AM
Old 02-12-2020
Yes, I decided to skip Catalina 10.15.3 .. dues to some bad upgrade experiences, since I don't need it.

I have better things to do that spend hours recovering from from a macOS upgrade crash from my backup disk.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX system crash help please!!!

Hi, First of all, thanks for your help. I have downloaded freeBSD to study unix I'm here again 'cause my HP-UX 10.x has "broken". It raise this error: ---------------------------------------------------- Diagnostic System warning: = 0x1f005000 is POWERFAILED The diagnostic logging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efrenba
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is system panic?

Hello experts.. What is system panic? If a system is in that state.. what will happen? Why is it goes to panic condition? Just give me information about Panic condition.. How can i resolve this issue..? If you know any links(URL) or Books...? replay me back.... Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

3. AIX

System crash when update TL

Hello everyone I have a partition with the TL 5300-06-01-0000 and try to update to this TL 5300-09-03-0918 but suddenly the update dont work more. I get in to the HMC and I see this code error 888 102 700 0C5 I try to restart my partition but doesnt work. Theres someone who has this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

4. Red Hat

Kernel Panic - Display Freeze/Lockup

Running with RHEL 4.0 ES update 4 (32bit) with the 2.6.11-1226 kernel. During normal operations were enountering a kernel panic which freeze our displays. I hooked up a laptop and captured the following panic from standard output: NVRM: Xid (0002:00): 13, 0000 01013900 00000039 00000328... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) switches from bash to zsh

Interestingly Apple has decided to switch the default shell for new users from bash to zsh in MacOS Catalina (10.15) Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac - Apple Support Another interesting fact is that Catalina also comes with /bin/dash (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrutinizer
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15 Catalina Crashes and Freezes on Boot

Sadly, I have turned off my access to the Apple Developers Beta program after installing macOS 10.15 Catalina a few days ago. After the install, I rebooted by MacBook Air and it "hard froze" and we were heading out of town so I grabbed a backup MBA running Mojave. Then, after getting back at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

7. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies

8. Programming

Python Screen Capture of RIGOL 1054Z on macOS Catalina Using NI-VISA

On the NI-VISA boards there has been some frustration where folks cannot get NI-VISA to work on macOS Catalina because Catalina (macOS 10.15.x) is "not supported" by NI-VISA (for many months, it seems). Currently, the README shows: NI-VISA 19.0 for macOS supports the following platforms: ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Poor Windows 10 Performance of Parallels Desktop 15 on macOS Catalina

Just a quick note for macOS users. I just installed (and removed) Parallels Desktop 15 Edition on my MacPro (2013) with 64GB memory and 12-cores, which is running the latest version of macOS Catalina as of this post. The reason for this install was to test some RIGOL test gear software which... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Programming

A Slightly Better NTP Client for the ESP32 (ESPWROOM32) on macOS Catalina

Currently have two ESP8266 modules testing some Blynk apps, whereI'm not so happy with the Blynk business model for developers, but that's another story. So, with two of my ESP8266s currently "busy", I decided to work on the ESP32, and in particular the ESPWROOM32. I installed the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)