Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Unable to get output in mail body after running cron Post 303043981 by Neo on Wednesday 12th of February 2020 04:32:22 AM
Old 02-12-2020
Good news,

So, what did you learn?

Maybe.....

Always use full paths in these kinds of script Smilie .
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send body in a mail

Hi, How to send send body along with attachment in a mail given below is code to send mail with attachemnt.its working fine but i need to send some message as body of the mail. uuencode /prod/applc/ds_data/mac/working/nullctry.csv "nullctry.csv" | mailx -s "List Of Attendance"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendragora
6 Replies

2. AIX

Send mail attachments and have a mail body

Hi, How can I send mail attachments from shell script (AIX) and have a mail body as well ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibajighosh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to mail with this body

Hi, i have a file ABC, i want to mail the contents of this file and i want to make the body of the mail per my choice like this: Hi All, This is the Report for today. <Browse of the File ABC> i am using : mailx -s "Today's Report" abcd@xyz.com << EOT Hi All, This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prat007
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql output file not created while running it through cron

#!/bin/ksh file="/pkgs/roots/scripts/ISQL_op.txt" isql -H 11.11.11.111:1111 -U myUser -P myPwd -o $file << eof go select * from Table1 go eof my cron entry 00 08 03 11 * /pkgs/roots/scripts/testc.ksh file permission of the script is correct, i have used absolute path everywhere. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running from cron it gives blank output

Hi, I have ascript which drops a mail with the jobs status. here is the script: #!/bin/ksh mypath=/home/gaddamja flashlogpath=/sbcimp/dyn/data/flash/log cd $mypath v1=`ls -lrt | grep -i checkFilesForAmber_EUR1. |tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` v2=`cat $v1` cd $flashlogpath ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail: subject and body text

HI, After giving the mail -e name@domain.com its asking the subject : after this its enter in to the body of the mail i.e. (in edit mode) How to end this edit process to send mail ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail with body

Hello All, I wish to mail after completion of code. I would like to include subject and body in it. I am not looking to read the body from other file but willing to provide the body in the command itself. Can i do this way? I am looking to pass some parameters to body and this will be possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forums123456
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running multiple php scripts into one php only, cron mail alert problem...

hi, while separated they produce the usual mail alert and i can see the output... if i write into the php script: <?php system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script1.php'); system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script2.php'); system('php -f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running same script through cron gives different output

Hi All, I am running the below shell script through cron and surprisingly it gives different output $uname -a Linux 2.6.18-194.3.1.7.3.el5xen #1 SMP Fri Jul 30 00:08:45 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash shell script: cat sar_cpu.sh #!/bin/bash ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
10 Replies
Mason::Manual::RequestDispatch(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Mason::Manual::RequestDispatch(3pm)

NAME
Mason::Manual::RequestDispatch - How request paths get mapped to page components DESCRIPTION
Given the request path /news/sports/hockey Mason searches for the following components in order, setting $m->path_info as noted. /news/sports/hockey.{mp,mc} /news/sports/hockey/index.{mp,mc} /news/sports/hockey/dhandler.{mp,mc} /news/sports/dhandler.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = hockey /news/sports.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = hockey (but see next section) /news/dhandler.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = sports/hockey /news.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = sports/hockey (but see next section) /dhandler.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = news/sports/hockey where ".{mp,mc}" means either ".mp" (indicating a pure-perl component). or ".mc" (indicating a top-level component). The following sections describe these elements in more detail. Autoextended path The request path is suffixed with ".mp" and ".mc" to translate it to a component path. /news/sports/hockey.{mp,mc} Index An index matches its exact directory, nothing underneath. /news/sports/hockey/index.{mp,mc} Dhandlers A dhandler matches its directory as well as anything underneath, setting "$m->path_info" to the remainder. /news/sports/hockey/dhandler.{mp,mc} /news/sports/dhandler.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = hockey /news/dhandler.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = sports/hockey /dhandler.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = news/sports/hockey Partial paths A component can match an initial part of the URL, setting "$m->path_info" to the remainder: /news/sports.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = hockey /news.{mp,mc} # $m->path_info = sports/hockey Since this isn't always desirable behavior, it must be explicitly enabled for the component. Mason will call method "allow_path_info" on the component class, and will only allow the match if it returns true: <%class> method allow_path_info { 1 } </%class> The default "allow_path_info" returns false. "allow_path_info" is not checked on dhandlers, since the whole point of dhandlers is to match partial paths. Routes It is possible to use route syntax to more elegantly parse "$m->path_info" for dhandlers and partial paths, e.g. <%class> route "{year:[0-9]+}/{month:[0-9]{2}}"; </%class> See Mason::Plugin::RouterSimple. SEE ALSO
Mason AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-02 Mason::Manual::RequestDispatch(3pm)