Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transpose into single record
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transpose into single record Post 303043953 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 12th of February 2020 12:08:17 AM
Old 02-12-2020
Hello rohit_shinez,

In unix.com we encourage all users to do add their efforts which they have put to solve their own problem so kindly do add the same and let us know then.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transforming a multiline record to single line

Hi All I have a file like this <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>bdjvdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>bdj vdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>b djvdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>bdjvdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> How will i change the file to ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a single record from a file

Hello all, Is there a function for deleting a single record from a file? Thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klafte
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multi-line records into a single row

Now that I've parsed out the data that I desire I'm left with variable length multi-line records that are field seperated by new lines (\n) and record seperated by a single empty line ("") At first I was considering doing something like this to append all of the record rows into a single row: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveyabe
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a single record to multiple records & add folder name to each line

Hi Gurus, I need to cut single record in the file(asdf) to multile records based on the number of bytes..(44 characters). So every record will have 44 characters. All the records should be in the same file..to each of these lines I need to add the folder(<date>) name. I have a dir. in which... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2581
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a single quote to each record

I have a file as: 1 New used 1 used New I need o/p as: '1' 'New' 'used' '1' 'used' 'New' (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - single quotes as record separator

How do I use single quotes as record separator in awk? I just couldn't figure that out. I know how to use single quotes as field separator, and double quotes as both field and record separator ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help splitting huge single record file

I was given a data file that I need to split into multiple lines/records based on a key word. The problem is that it is 2.5GB or bigger and everything I try in perl or sed causes a Segmentation fault. Can someone give me some other ideas. The data is of the form:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leolson
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split single record to multiple records

Hi Friends, source .... col1,col2,col3 a,b,1;2;3 here colom delimeter is comma(,). here we dont know what is the max length of col3 means now we have 1;2;3 next time i will receive 1;2;3;4;5;etc... required output .............. col1,col2,col3 a,b,1 a,b,2 a,b,3 please give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab.galary
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multiple rows (with a mix of space and enter) to a single column

How to change the uploaded weekly file data to the following format? New Well_Id,Old Well_Id,District,Thana,Date,Data,R.L,WellType,Lati.,Longi. BAG001,PT006,BARGUNA,AMTALI,1/2/1978,1.81,2.29,Piezometer,220825,901430 BAG001,PT006,BARGUNA,AMTALI,1/9/1978,1.87,2.29,Piezometer,220825,901430... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sara.nowreen
3 Replies
slalsd.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slalsd.f(3)

NAME
slalsd.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slalsd (UPLO, SMLSIZ, N, NRHS, D, E, B, LDB, RCOND, RANK, WORK, IWORK, INFO) SLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slalsd (characterUPLO, integerSMLSIZ, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, realRCOND, integerRANK, real, dimension( * )WORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, integerINFO) SLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem. Purpose: SLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem of finding X to minimize the Euclidean norm of each column of A*X-B, where A is N-by-N upper bidiagonal, and X and B are N-by-NRHS. The solution X overwrites B. The singular values of A smaller than RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem; in this case a minimum norm solution is returned. The actual singular values are returned in D in ascending order. This code makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray XMP, Cray YMP, Cray C 90, or Cray 2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. Parameters: UPLO UPLO is CHARACTER*1 = 'U': D and E define an upper bidiagonal matrix. = 'L': D and E define a lower bidiagonal matrix. SMLSIZ SMLSIZ is INTEGER The maximum size of the subproblems at the bottom of the computation tree. N N is INTEGER The dimension of the bidiagonal matrix. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of columns of B. NRHS must be at least 1. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry D contains the main diagonal of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, if INFO = 0, D contains its singular values. E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) Contains the super-diagonal entries of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, E has been destroyed. B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On input, B contains the right hand sides of the least squares problem. On output, B contains the solution X. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of B in the calling subprogram. LDB must be at least max(1,N). RCOND RCOND is REAL The singular values of A less than or equal to RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem. If RCOND is negative, machine precision is used instead. For example, if diag(S)*X=B were the least squares problem, where diag(S) is a diagonal matrix of singular values, the solution would be X(i) = B(i) / S(i) if S(i) is greater than RCOND*max(S), and X(i) = 0 if S(i) is less than or equal to RCOND*max(S). RANK RANK is INTEGER The number of singular values of A greater than RCOND times the largest singular value. WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension at least (9*N + 2*N*SMLSIZ + 8*N*NLVL + N*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2), where NLVL = max(0, INT(log_2 (N/(SMLSIZ+1))) + 1). IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension at least (3*N*NLVL + 11*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: The algorithm failed to compute a singular value while working on the submatrix lying in rows and columns INFO/(N+1) through MOD(INFO,N+1). Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Contributors: Ming Gu and Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA Definition at line 179 of file slalsd.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 slalsd.f(3)