Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transpose into single record
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transpose into single record Post 303043951 by rohit_shinez on Tuesday 11th of February 2020 11:34:29 PM
Old 02-12-2020
Transpose into single record

Hi Guys,

I have a file like below format
Code:
/my_dir/logs 2018-08-02 15:19:54 accepted connection from 10.140.75.239
/my_dir/logs 2018-08-02 15:19:56 authentication failed for id '123': Authentication failure
/my_dir/logs 2018-08-02 15:19:56 accepted connection from 10.140.75.239
/my_dir/logs 2018-08-02 15:19:59 authentication failed for id '123': Authentication failure
/my_dir/logs 2018-08-02 15:20:58 accepted connection from 10.140.75.239
/my_dir/logs 2018-08-02 15:21:00 authentication failed for id '123': Authentication failure

I would need to transpose it to single line using Awk
Code:
id,login_status,ip,time
123,Failed,10.140.75.239,2018-08-02 15:19:56 
123,Failed,10.140.75.239,2018-08-02 15:19:59
123,Failed,10.140.75.239,2018-08-02 15:21:00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transforming a multiline record to single line

Hi All I have a file like this <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>bdjvdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>bdj vdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>b djvdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> <LText>gvsvdkag<LREC>bdjvdj</LREC>nididyvv</LText> How will i change the file to ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a single record from a file

Hello all, Is there a function for deleting a single record from a file? Thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klafte
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multi-line records into a single row

Now that I've parsed out the data that I desire I'm left with variable length multi-line records that are field seperated by new lines (\n) and record seperated by a single empty line ("") At first I was considering doing something like this to append all of the record rows into a single row: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveyabe
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a single record to multiple records & add folder name to each line

Hi Gurus, I need to cut single record in the file(asdf) to multile records based on the number of bytes..(44 characters). So every record will have 44 characters. All the records should be in the same file..to each of these lines I need to add the folder(<date>) name. I have a dir. in which... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2581
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a single quote to each record

I have a file as: 1 New used 1 used New I need o/p as: '1' 'New' 'used' '1' 'used' 'New' (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - single quotes as record separator

How do I use single quotes as record separator in awk? I just couldn't figure that out. I know how to use single quotes as field separator, and double quotes as both field and record separator ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help splitting huge single record file

I was given a data file that I need to split into multiple lines/records based on a key word. The problem is that it is 2.5GB or bigger and everything I try in perl or sed causes a Segmentation fault. Can someone give me some other ideas. The data is of the form:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leolson
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split single record to multiple records

Hi Friends, source .... col1,col2,col3 a,b,1;2;3 here colom delimeter is comma(,). here we dont know what is the max length of col3 means now we have 1;2;3 next time i will receive 1;2;3;4;5;etc... required output .............. col1,col2,col3 a,b,1 a,b,2 a,b,3 please give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab.galary
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multiple rows (with a mix of space and enter) to a single column

How to change the uploaded weekly file data to the following format? New Well_Id,Old Well_Id,District,Thana,Date,Data,R.L,WellType,Lati.,Longi. BAG001,PT006,BARGUNA,AMTALI,1/2/1978,1.81,2.29,Piezometer,220825,901430 BAG001,PT006,BARGUNA,AMTALI,1/9/1978,1.87,2.29,Piezometer,220825,901430... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sara.nowreen
3 Replies
ROTCONVERTER(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						ROTCONVERTER(1gmt)

NAME
rotconverter - Manipulate finite and stage rotations SYNOPSIS
rotconverter [ +|- ] rotA [ +|- rotB ] [ +|- rotC ] ... [ -C[a|t]] [ -D ] [ -E[fact] ] [ -Fin/out ] [ -N ] [ -S ] [ -T ] [ -V ] DESCRIPTION
rotconverter reads one or more plate motion models (rotations) stored in the given files. If more than one plate motion model is given we will add or subtract them in the order they were listed. The minus sign means we should first transpose the rotation and then add it to the previous rotation. The input files must all be of the same type (stage poles or finite rotations) which may differ from the desired output format; see -F. If a file cannot be opened we will attempt to decode the file name as a single rotation whose parameters are sepa- rated by slashes. No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. Use upper case for the option flags and lower case for modifiers. rotX Name of a file with a plate motion model. Separate several files with desired operator (+ or -). The very first file may also have a leading minus to imply a transpose. If any of the specified rotation models cannot be opened as a file, we will try to decode the file name as lon/lat/tstart[/tstop]/angle for a single rotation given on the command line. The tstop argument is required for stage poles only. For a single finite rotation without any time information, give lon/lat/angle only. OPTIONS
-C Write out a column header record identifying the various columns [Default is no header record]. Append a to indicate opening angles and t to indicate opening rates [Default]. -D Report longitudes use the -180/+180 range [Default is 0/360]. -E Scale opening angles by fact on output. Requires stage pole output (see -F). -F Specify both the input and output format for rotations. The in and out flags must be either f or s for finite or stage rotations, respectively. Note that both must be specified if -F is set [Default is -Fff (both input and output are finite rotations)]. -N Place all output poles in the northern hemisphere [Default reports positive rotation angles]. -S Place all output poles in the southern hemisphere [Default reports positive rotation angles]. -T Transpose the final result, i.e., change the sign of the rotation angles. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. Report statistics of extracted rota- tions. EXAMPLES
To convert the finite rotations in the file model_finite.APM to stage poles, run rotconverter model_finite.APM -Ffs > model_stages.APM To obtain Nazca motion relative to Pacific hotspots by adding the motion of Nazca relative to a fixed Pacific to the Pacific-Hotspot refer- ence model DC85_stages.d, and report the result as finite reconstruction poles in the northern hemisphere, try rotconverter DC85_stages.APM + Pac_Naz_stages.RPM -N -Fsf > Naz_HS_finite.APM To add the final rotations ROT(150.1, 70.5, -20.3) and ROT (145.0, 40.0, 11.4), try rotconverter 150.1/70.5/-20.3 + 145/40/11.4 which prints out 157.32, -80.44, 11.97. To make stage rotations suitable for generating flowlines (fracture zones) from a model of relative plate motions PL1-PL2.RPM, assuming symmetric spreading,, try rotconverter PL1-PL2.RPM -E -Ffs > PL1-PL2_half.RPM rotconverter - PL1-PL2.RPM -E -Ffs > PL2-PL1_half.RPM SEE ALSO
backtracker(1), grdrotater(1), grdspotter(1), hotspotter(1), originator(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 ROTCONVERTER(1gmt)