Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic Post 303043942 by vbe on Tuesday 11th of February 2020 12:48:54 PM
Old 02-11-2020
So I am not the only having trouble with his mac...

I bought a second hand mid2012 2.6Ghz 4cores 16GB RAM and SSD this summer to replace the one I managed to burn the Graphics so motherboard... Since I installed Mojav ( very soon after received...) it was having its own life rebooting randomly without notice, OK most of time not loosing anything and back on screen where I was, but not always...

Lately I drove me down the bend so as still on warranty till end Jan 2020, I sent it back, It came back but I just spent my afternoon trying to figure out how to reinstall when you cant speak the language displayed (German) at the end I called the support Apple and we did it via chat ... stayed in German till I got the display of my account and changed in system preference...

But now I see I am back in High Sierra... pfffff

We in IT have to learn to live with days of Great Loneliness...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX system crash help please!!!

Hi, First of all, thanks for your help. I have downloaded freeBSD to study unix I'm here again 'cause my HP-UX 10.x has "broken". It raise this error: ---------------------------------------------------- Diagnostic System warning: = 0x1f005000 is POWERFAILED The diagnostic logging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efrenba
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is system panic?

Hello experts.. What is system panic? If a system is in that state.. what will happen? Why is it goes to panic condition? Just give me information about Panic condition.. How can i resolve this issue..? If you know any links(URL) or Books...? replay me back.... Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

3. AIX

System crash when update TL

Hello everyone I have a partition with the TL 5300-06-01-0000 and try to update to this TL 5300-09-03-0918 but suddenly the update dont work more. I get in to the HMC and I see this code error 888 102 700 0C5 I try to restart my partition but doesnt work. Theres someone who has this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

4. Red Hat

Kernel Panic - Display Freeze/Lockup

Running with RHEL 4.0 ES update 4 (32bit) with the 2.6.11-1226 kernel. During normal operations were enountering a kernel panic which freeze our displays. I hooked up a laptop and captured the following panic from standard output: NVRM: Xid (0002:00): 13, 0000 01013900 00000039 00000328... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) switches from bash to zsh

Interestingly Apple has decided to switch the default shell for new users from bash to zsh in MacOS Catalina (10.15) Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac - Apple Support Another interesting fact is that Catalina also comes with /bin/dash (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrutinizer
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15 Catalina Crashes and Freezes on Boot

Sadly, I have turned off my access to the Apple Developers Beta program after installing macOS 10.15 Catalina a few days ago. After the install, I rebooted by MacBook Air and it "hard froze" and we were heading out of town so I grabbed a backup MBA running Mojave. Then, after getting back at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

7. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies

8. Programming

Python Screen Capture of RIGOL 1054Z on macOS Catalina Using NI-VISA

On the NI-VISA boards there has been some frustration where folks cannot get NI-VISA to work on macOS Catalina because Catalina (macOS 10.15.x) is "not supported" by NI-VISA (for many months, it seems). Currently, the README shows: NI-VISA 19.0 for macOS supports the following platforms: ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Poor Windows 10 Performance of Parallels Desktop 15 on macOS Catalina

Just a quick note for macOS users. I just installed (and removed) Parallels Desktop 15 Edition on my MacPro (2013) with 64GB memory and 12-cores, which is running the latest version of macOS Catalina as of this post. The reason for this install was to test some RIGOL test gear software which... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Programming

A Slightly Better NTP Client for the ESP32 (ESPWROOM32) on macOS Catalina

Currently have two ESP8266 modules testing some Blynk apps, whereI'm not so happy with the Blynk business model for developers, but that's another story. So, with two of my ESP8266s currently "busy", I decided to work on the ESP32, and in particular the ESPWROOM32. I installed the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
DMXGetWindowAttributes(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 DMXGetWindowAttributes(3)

NAME
DMXGetWindowAttributes - determine back-end window attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> Bool DMXGetWindowAttributes(Display *dpy, Window window, int *screen_count, int available_count, DMXWindowAttributes *attr); DESCRIPTION
When calling DMXGetWindowAttributes(), window specifies the window ID of a window on the Xdmx(1) server and available_count specifies the length of attr. The number of screens for which information is available will be returned in screen_count and information about those screen will be returned in attr. If screen_count is less than available_count, then information for all of the screens will be returned. Otherwise, information for the first available_count screens will be returned. The DMXWindowAttributes structure is: typedef struct { int screen; Window window; XRectangle pos, vis; } DMXWindowAttributes; For each back-end X server that displays a portion of window, this structure contains the physical screen containing that portion, the win- dow ID on the back-end X server of the window containing that portion, the position and dimensions of the window on the back-end (pos, in screen coordinates), and the visible area of the window on the back-end (vis, in window-relative coordinates -- all zeros if the window is not visible on the backend). To obtain more information about the physical screen use the DMXGetScreenAttributes(3) call. Note that DMX allows multiple back-end windows to overlap in their view of the DMX logical window. Further, a logical window does not have to be completely covered by back-end windows -- there may be gaps. As an example, consider a 500x500 window that spans the top two 1024x768 back-end displays (A and B) of a 2048x1536 DMX display composed of 4 1024x768 back-end displays arranged in a cube: A B C D In this case, the DMXGetWindowAttributes call would return the following information for the 500x500 window: display A: 500x500 window at 1024-250,0 (relative to back end) with 250x500 visible at 0,0 (relative to window origin) display B: 500x500 window at -250,0 (relative to back end) with 250x500 visible at 250,0 (relative to window origin) display C: 500x500 window at 1024-250,-768 with 0x0 visible at 0,0 display D: 500x500 window at -250,-768 with 0x0 visible at 0,0 RETURN VALUE
DMXGetWindowAttributes() returns True unless there is a protocol error. DMXGetWindowAttributes() can generate BadWindow and BadAlloc errors. NOTES
Because this call transports a great deal of information over the wire, please call DMXGetScreenCount(3) first, and make sure attr is suf- ficiently large. On a particular back-end server, it is possible that the associated window has not yet been mapped because the XMapWindow(3) call that will eventually map the window had been buffered by Xlib's normal buffering system. To avoid this race condition, please call DMXSync(3) before communicating directly with the back-end X server. SEE ALSO
DMXGetScreenCount(3), DMXSync(3), DMXGetScreenAttributes(3), DMX(3), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.3 DMXGetWindowAttributes(3)