Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers PLINK from Windows not releasing job Post 303043915 by RudiC on Tuesday 11th of February 2020 04:10:53 AM
Old 02-11-2020
Did you consider windows' START command; eventually with the /B parameter?

Code:
START [/B] plink ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with releasing semaphore lock

Hi, I am trying to write stuff to a shared memory using a writer, and reading the corresponding stuff using a reader. I am facing problems while releasing the lock, as a result of which I am having segmentation faults. The code is as follows... /********** writer.c ***********/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows scripting for a batch job

I have been doing unix scripting for quite awhile and there seems to be a wealth of information on it. Now I am working on migrating an intel based application to a new server. I need to modify some existing scripts, but am having trouble finding information on windows scripting, a forum similar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas HSM not releasing tapes

I have a volume managed by Veritas Storage Migrator 6.0 running on Solaris 10. It has one managed volume and one tape robot it shares with netpackup (separate volume pools). When I check the process tree I am not seeing any migration processes running, but when I check the panel on the tape robot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Requirements for running an autosys job on Windows server

Hi, I have created an autosys job which calls an exe and updates its output files. The job is failing without updating the output and error files. I if restart the usvmapgrnd01.pc.ml.com machine, the job runs successful for first time and fails rest of the time. Please let me know what might be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonaldewle
0 Replies

5. Programming

Posix Semaphore Use - Releasing all resources?

I am attempting to write a program with multiple POSIX threads. I want to ensure all threads are released at the same time. I am (trying to) use a semaphore to accomplish this. Without too much irrelevant information, I declare my semaphore with 0 of 25 resources available. Is there a way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbarr
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

8. AIX

Releasing a Port

Hey Guys, I need a help, After I upgraded my server to AIX 6.1.4 the port 80 is occupied by a Java process bash-3.00# netstat -Aan | grep "*.80" f1000700007d7bb0 tcp 0 0 *.80 *.* LISTEN bash-3.00# rmsock f1000700007d7bb0 tcp usage: rmsock Addr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1: Releasing Memory and Page Space

Hi everyone, i have a question about the Memory Management in AIX 6.1. I have - 128 GB RAM and - 70 GB Page Space. The application i am running on this machine is doing some operations in perl. These are done only once a day and uses both memory and paging space. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haichao
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Plink issue in windows

I had a simple automation process to take config backup from san switches to windows via SSH. This can be accomplished using plink. My script was working fine earlier but from last few days it is not collecting data and the error which i am getting is below. "":confused: I have done the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirjhar17
6 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)