Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Poster of the Year 2019 - Jeroen van Dijke Post 303043913 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 11th of February 2020 01:32:30 AM
Old 02-11-2020
Thanks a TON Neo for awarding this to Scrutinizer, a well deserved award S Smilie

@Scrutinizer, First of all congrats S Smilie First thing first, your posts are Good, concise, Up to the mark, full of knowledge and we all learn from them. Second thing for my personal experience with you on initial days of forums is, I believe you remember it(I do) where you were the first person to encourage me to learn and post, my wishes are with you sir please keep up the good work.

Thanks,
R. Singh
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Guido van Rossum resigns as Python Leader...

Yup it's true: Transfer of power This will put Python development in disarray. Which reminded me of this thread I posted some time ago: https://www.unix.com/what-is-on-your-mind-/249767-has-python-lost-plot.html MadeInGermany's post 3 is probably one of the reasons but not quoted.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Exactly 1 year ago today, 18-09-2019...

This is mainly for Corona688, today's date 18-09-2019. Remember from little acorns big trees grow a few months ago? Well this is well on the way to 1000+ dls by the end of the year... AMINET from its inception in 1992 is accessed by very, very many and the AMIGA is still loved by millions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Poster of the Year 2019 Award Announcement and Call for Nominations

Dear All, I am pleased to post that I am announcing a new award, "Poster of the Year 2019" and calling for your nominations (privately to me). This is a new award and I plan to announce the winner for this year (2019) in January 2020. The prizes will be (still working out the details): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com End of Year (EOY) Report (2019)

Here is a quick EOY report for 2019. 2019 has been a year of "downward trend reversal" for UNIX.com. In fact, if we compare total Google search impressions from the peak days in December 2019 to the peak days in mid December 2018, traffic is up 43% percent. That is a very respectable growth... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Moderator of the Year 2019 Award Announcement Only

Dear All, We are happy to post that I will be announcing soon my award for "Moderator of the Year 2019". This is a new award which I plan to announce in December of each year, starting this year (2019). The prizes will be (still working out the details): A Moderator of the Year... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Moderators of the Year 2019 - Ravinder Singh and Victor Berridge

Today, I am very pleased to announce that the Moderator of the Year Award, 2019 has two very deserving winners. Ravinder Singh (RavinderSingh13) and Victor Berridge (vbe) Victor (vbe) has been a member of unix.com close to 15 years (first joined the site in 2005) and has been moderating... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Top Cybersecurity Threats Earth Year 2019 | You Have Been Warned!

You are seeing this new video here first! Top Five Cybersecurity Threats | Earth Year 2019 | You Have Been Warned! https://youtu.be/dRE4u9QVsSg PS: That video has two small typos, but nothing serious. Heck it took nearly 1.5 hours to render even on a 12-core Mac Pro with 64GB of... (20 Replies)
20 Replies
gtranslator(1)							  GNOME programs						    gtranslator(1)

NAME
gtranslator -- a comfortable gettext po file editor with many bells and whistles. SYNOPSIS
gtranslator [ --help ] [ --version ] [ -a filename ] [ -e po-file ] [ -g geometry-string ] [ -l po-file-to-learn ] [ -b ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
gtranslator is a comfortable gettext po file editor with many features like special char featured editing, plural forms view, div. charset support, comfortable prefs, list view of messages, regular expression based search function, compile/update possiblities and much much more. Of course all standard features of a good application like DnD, session support, supplement files for mime types and menu items are present. Instant comment view, a comfortable quick navigation messages table with customizable colors, colorschemes, UTF-8 support, a high level of preferizabilation and a personal learn buffer/translation memory with autotranslation capabilities are the main features of gtranslator besides the comfortable editing of the translation entries. OPTIONS
-a --auto-translate=po-file Autotranslates the given po file with the entries from the learn buffer and exits afterwards. -e --export-learn-buffer=po-file-to-export Exports the learn buffer contents into the given plain gettext po file and exits. -g --geometry=geometry Let's you specify the geometry of gtranslator's main window. -l --learn=po-file-to-learn Learns the given po file within the command line without starting the GUI. The personal learn buffer is used as a translation memory to autoaccomplish missing translations/entries. -s --learn-statistics Print out some statistics and information about the learn buffer of gtranslator on the commandline. --display With this option you can select on which screen gtranslator should appear. --help Shows you a little help autogenerated by GNOME and with the options mentioned above. --version Prints out the version number of gtranslator. --usage Shows you the pill of options without an explanation. FILES
~/.gconf/apps/gtranslator Your personal gtranslator settings will be stored there. ~/.gtranslator This directory is used by gtranslator for all it's "private" files (e.g. temporary files). ~/.gtranslator/colorschemes/ Your personal colorschemes can be placed in this directory -- gtranslator does also list the colorschemes in this directory in the colorscheme selection box. ~/.gtranslator/etstates/ The state file for the messages table/tree is stored in this directory. ~/.gtranslator/umtf/ Your personal learn buffers (in UMTF format) are stored in this directory -- the learn buffer is used for auto translation issues. ~/.gtranslator/files/ Temporary files used by gtranslator are stored in this directory (mostly this directory should be empty). LEARN BUFFER
The learn buffer is the implementation of a personal translation memory (TM) in gtranslator. gtranslator uses the UMTF (a compressed XML file which is normally quite good human readable if uncompressed) format for storing it's learned strings. Your learned strings are then available for the autotranslation feature of gtranslator where gtranslator automatically fills in the corre- sponding and valuable translations for any message which has already been learned previously. This results in a fairly high percentage of prefilled/pretranslated messages. The common and good style of working with the learn buffer and with the autotranslation should be to learn the main po/translation files for your language via gtranslator via calling gtranslator -n -l po-file-to-learn on the command line; this will put the translated strings from this po file into your personal learn buffer. You should learn the main po files (for GNOME for example gnumeric, nautilus, evolution or any other bigger, already translated package's po file) for your language); you can use a new script from the gtranslator package to automatise this task a little bit: it's "build- gtranslator-learn-buffer.sh" which is installed into gtranslator's scripts directory which you can see by calling gtranslator -b and you simply execute the script with it's full path and simply follow the information on the command line for it. Afterwards you can simply use the "Autotranslation" menu entry from the GUI or use the "F10" hotkey to let gtranslator autotranslate all missing translations from your personal learn buffer. This will ease your translation work and make a big portion of the po files be pre-translated. With a fairly big personal learn buffer of about 2 MB you can achive many pre-translated messages for a new project/translation. If you want to use the stored learn buffer contents to produce a po file with all the "learned" translations, you can also use the "export learn buffer" capability of gtranslator to get a plain po file version of the learn buffer. USAGE EXAMPLES
Some examples for the options. gtranslator -b Shows you the real build specs/dates of gtranslator. gtranslator -s Give me statistics about the learn buffer of gtranslator. gtranslator -n -l po-file-to-learn Learns the given po file "po-file-to-learn" on the command line without starting up the GUI. gtranslator -a po-file Autotranslates all missing entries from the learn buffer if possible and exits. gtranslator -e po-file-to-export Exports your current learn buffer to the given plain gettext po file ("po-file-to-export"). gtranslator po-file Starts gtranslator with the given po-file loaded on startup. gtranslator -g "460x320+0+0" Lets gtranslator appear on the left upper edge of the screen "+0+0" and gtranslator is sized to "460x320" if possible -- if gtrans- lator needs more size for it's window contents, it'll expand itself to the necessary dimensions -- even if you defined a smaller geometry string. LICENSE
gtranslator is distributed under the GNU GPL V 2.0 or greater. AUTHORS
Ross Golder <ross@kabalak.net>, Fatih Demir <kabalak@kabalak.net> (previously also: Gediminas Paulauskas <menesis@kabalak.net>, Thomas Ziehmer <thomas@kabalak.net>, Kevin Vandersloot <kfv101@psu.edu> and Peeter Vois <peeter@kabalak.net>). WEBSITE
http://www.gtranslator.org BUGREPORTS
You can deliver bug reports to the gtranslator development team to our bug base via http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gtrans- lator VERSION
gtranslator 2.91.4 man-page gtranslator gtranslator 2.91.4 -- 2012-05-11 gtranslator(1)