Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers PLINK from Windows not releasing job Post 303043909 by Neo on Monday 10th of February 2020 11:34:31 PM
Old 02-11-2020
Please describe, without using application names, what exactly you are trying to do.

For example "I want to sync files between a Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux, where the original files are on Linux"....

Please describe what you are actually trying to do, because I could not really understand easily from your "application centric" problem.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with releasing semaphore lock

Hi, I am trying to write stuff to a shared memory using a writer, and reading the corresponding stuff using a reader. I am facing problems while releasing the lock, as a result of which I am having segmentation faults. The code is as follows... /********** writer.c ***********/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows scripting for a batch job

I have been doing unix scripting for quite awhile and there seems to be a wealth of information on it. Now I am working on migrating an intel based application to a new server. I need to modify some existing scripts, but am having trouble finding information on windows scripting, a forum similar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas HSM not releasing tapes

I have a volume managed by Veritas Storage Migrator 6.0 running on Solaris 10. It has one managed volume and one tape robot it shares with netpackup (separate volume pools). When I check the process tree I am not seeing any migration processes running, but when I check the panel on the tape robot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Requirements for running an autosys job on Windows server

Hi, I have created an autosys job which calls an exe and updates its output files. The job is failing without updating the output and error files. I if restart the usvmapgrnd01.pc.ml.com machine, the job runs successful for first time and fails rest of the time. Please let me know what might be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonaldewle
0 Replies

5. Programming

Posix Semaphore Use - Releasing all resources?

I am attempting to write a program with multiple POSIX threads. I want to ensure all threads are released at the same time. I am (trying to) use a semaphore to accomplish this. Without too much irrelevant information, I declare my semaphore with 0 of 25 resources available. Is there a way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbarr
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

8. AIX

Releasing a Port

Hey Guys, I need a help, After I upgraded my server to AIX 6.1.4 the port 80 is occupied by a Java process bash-3.00# netstat -Aan | grep "*.80" f1000700007d7bb0 tcp 0 0 *.80 *.* LISTEN bash-3.00# rmsock f1000700007d7bb0 tcp usage: rmsock Addr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1: Releasing Memory and Page Space

Hi everyone, i have a question about the Memory Management in AIX 6.1. I have - 128 GB RAM and - 70 GB Page Space. The application i am running on this machine is doing some operations in perl. These are done only once a day and uses both memory and paging space. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haichao
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Plink issue in windows

I had a simple automation process to take config backup from san switches to windows via SSH. This can be accomplished using plink. My script was working fine earlier but from last few days it is not collecting data and the error which i am getting is below. "":confused: I have done the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirjhar17
6 Replies
SYNC(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   SYNC(2)

NAME
sync, syncfs - commit filesystem caches to disk SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> void sync(void); int syncfs(int fd); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sync(): _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 500 || /* Since glibc 2.19: */ _DEFAULT_SOURCE || /* Glibc versions <= 2.19: */ _BSD_SOURCE syncfs(): _GNU_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
sync() causes all pending modifications to filesystem metadata and cached file data to be written to the underlying filesystems. syncfs() is like sync(), but synchronizes just the filesystem containing file referred to by the open file descriptor fd. RETURN VALUE
syncfs() returns 0 on success; on error, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
sync() is always successful. syncfs() can fail for at least the following reason: EBADF fd is not a valid file descriptor. VERSIONS
syncfs() first appeared in Linux 2.6.39; library support was added to glibc in version 2.14. CONFORMING TO
sync(): POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, SVr4, 4.3BSD. syncfs() is Linux-specific. NOTES
Since glibc 2.2.2, the Linux prototype for sync() is as listed above, following the various standards. In glibc 2.2.1 and earlier, it was "int sync(void)", and sync() always returned 0. According to the standard specification (e.g., POSIX.1-2001), sync() schedules the writes, but may return before the actual writing is done. However Linux waits for I/O completions, and thus sync() or syncfs() provide the same guarantees as fsync called on every file in the system or filesystem respectively. BUGS
Before version 1.3.20 Linux did not wait for I/O to complete before returning. SEE ALSO
sync(1), fdatasync(2), fsync(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 SYNC(2)