Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The worlds first classical Chinese program language. Post 303043895 by hicksd8 on Monday 10th of February 2020 12:16:43 PM
Old 02-10-2020
I've thought about the Chinese technology advances for years especially when the IBM, Microsoft and Google bashers in the USA would recommend that such powerful companies should be fined and/or forcibly broken up because they take advantage of the technology that they have developed to maintain their lead. When, eventually, the leading computer companies in the world are all Chinese these bashers will be saying "what have we done!!!"

Bashers should sit up and smell the coffee.

PS. And that also applies to the European Union bashing of American companies.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chinese problem

if i am using Sun or HP UNIX , can they support chinese character? what should be done to make it possible ? jackchan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack_ty_chan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: language translation of a program

Hi people! I'm a bit noob at sed so I ask you for some help :( I'm trying to automatically translate some files of a program, which has some lines of this style: $string = 'A text line'; For example in this line: $string = 'The date entered: <strong>$a</strong> does not correspond... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdmiguel
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Spark of Insanity - Worlds Best Ventriloquist

Hilarious! :D enjoy Jeff Dunham and Peanut Pt1 tz3iYkAaodQ Jeff Dunham and Peanut Pt2 TCNa63yRTgI Jeff Dunham and Peanut Pt3 lJ_AfNJ1jG4 Jeff Dunham and Melvin the superhero HLtxuQGBxoY (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies
Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer(3pm)

NAME
Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer - Indexes NCBI Sequence files. SYNOPSIS
use Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer; # creating & using the index is just a few lines my $inx = Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer->new( -filename => 'seq.idx', -write_flag => 'WRITE'); # needed for make_index call, but if opening # existing index file, don't set write flag! $inx->make_index('seq1.asn', 'seq2.asn'); my $seq = $inx->fetch('AF093062'); # Bio::Seq obj for Sequence (doesn't work yet) # alternatively, if one prefers just a data structure instead of objects $seq = $inx->fetch_hash('AF093062'); # a hash produced by Bio::ASN1::Sequence # that contains all data in the Sequence record PREREQUISITE
Bio::ASN1::Sequence, Bioperl and all dependencies therein. INSTALLATION
Same as Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene DESCRIPTION
Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer is a Perl Indexer for NCBI Sequence genome databases. It processes an ASN.1-formatted Sequence record and stores the file position for each record in a way compliant with Bioperl standard (in fact its a subclass of Bioperl's index objects). Note that this module does not parse record, because it needs to run fast and grab only the gene ids. For parsing record, use Bio::ASN1::Sequence. As with Bio::ASN1::Sequence, this module is best thought of as beta version - it works, but is not fully tested. SEE ALSO
Please check out perldoc for Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene for more info. AUTHOR
Dr. Mingyi Liu <mingyi.liu@gpc-biotech.com> COPYRIGHT
The Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene module and its related modules and scripts are copyright (c) 2005 Mingyi Liu, GPC Biotech AG and Altana Research Institute. All rights reserved. I created these modules when working on a collaboration project between these two companies. Therefore a special thanks for the two companies to allow the release of the code into public domain. You may use and distribute them under the terms of the Perl itself or GPL (<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>). CITATION
Liu, M and Grigoriev, A(2005) "Fast Parsers for Entrez Gene" Bioinformatics. In press OPERATION SYSTEMS SUPPORTED
Any OS that Perl & Bioperl run on. METHODS
fetch Parameters: $geneid - id for the Sequence record to be retrieved Example: my $hash = $indexer->fetch(10); # get Sequence #10 Function: fetch the data for the given Sequence id. Returns: A Bio::Seq object produced by Bio::SeqIO::sequence Notes: Bio::SeqIO::sequence does not exist and probably won't exist for a while! So call fetch_hash instead fetch_hash Parameters: $seqid - id for the Sequence record to be retrieved Example: my $hash = $indexer->fetch_hash('AF093062'); Function: fetch a hash produced by Bio::ASN1::Sequence for given id Returns: A data structure containing all data items from the Sequence record. Notes: Alternative to fetch() _file_handle Title : _file_handle Usage : $fh = $index->_file_handle( INT ) Function: Returns an open filehandle for the file index INT. On opening a new filehandle it caches it in the @{$index->_filehandle} array. If the requested filehandle is already open, it simply returns it from the array. Example : $fist_file_indexed = $index->_file_handle( 0 ); Returns : ref to a filehandle Args : INT Notes : This function is copied from Bio::Index::Abstract. Once that module changes file handle code like I do below to fit perl 5.005_03, this sub would be removed from this module perl v5.14.2 2005-05-04 Bio::ASN1::Sequence::Indexer(3pm)