Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk program date function no longer running Post 303043827 by Scrutinizer on Friday 7th of February 2020 04:23:12 PM
Old 02-07-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgdavitt
Thanks so much! That fixed it. This will really make me look like I know what I'm doing come Tuesday when the report is used. Smilie
Good to hear the suggestion seems to work out for you Smilie
Let me explain what it means:
Code:
while ( ytd_date !~ /^[01][0-9][0-3][0-9][901][0-9]$/ ) {

This is a so-called "regular expression" , which means that the number must contain 6 digits (each bracket pair represents a digit), where the
first one ([01]) may be 0 or 1,
the second ( [0-9]) between 0 and 9
the 3rd between 0 and 3 and
the 5th number ([901]) 9, 0 or 1.

So the modification changes ([901] to [0-9]) so that the 5th number may be between 0 and 9 inclusively.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-08-2020 at 03:01 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scripts no longer running (solaris 8)

hello: I am a somewhat experienced unix user, but brand new to this forum. I am encountering a strange new problem. I have a shell script called foo.ksh it has been running for years (literally) on my Sun (Solaris 8) machine. Recently we put a version of samba on this machine to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcadoo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting ftp in korn function - no longer working

This works if it's not in a function. I pulled it into one and I get syntax error, no mathcing '<'. I have to call it several times and need it to be a function. Any ideas? function FTP_Engine_File { ftp -inv ${FTP_SERVER} << EOF_FTP >> ${FTP_LOG} user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

program name and function name builtins

Hi Is there a way to get the program/script name or function name usng built ins. Like in many languages arg holds the program name regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK input can not be longer than 3000 bytes

Hi, i have following line in my code. eport.pl < $4 | dos2ux | head -2000 | paste -sd\| - | awk -v S="$1" ' Issue is, i get a message saying "awk:input line | found /file/path cannot be longer than 3000 bytes." "source line number is 3" Can someone help me with this please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Graphical program no longer works after Solaris 10 upgrade

This is a fairly complex issue. I do not have a lot of knowledge on X11. But here are the things. I am running a program called Synergy off a Solaris server. The server sits in a remote network and can be accessed via NAT. Using Putty, I will enable X11 forwarding and launch Synergy via Putty.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Input line Cannot be longer than 3,000 bytes.

Guys, I want to get the high CPU utilization from top. I am using below code : top -d2 >> /home/dba_monitoring/host_top_output.txt echo "Script started `date`" > $runlog usage=`grep "^ *$1" /home/dba_monitoring/host_top_output.txt | awk '{print $12}' | sed 's/%//'` And getting below... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahab
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending user sessions which have been on a program for longer than 1 hour

hi, im looking to write a script to end user sessions which are on a paticular program and have been for over an hour so I can free up the system a bit. I understand that the "who" command lists the current users logged into the system, however it does not let me see what program they are on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apply a function twice successively with the same input in awk program

Hi ! It is a general question. When an awk script looks like: #! bin/awk function example(i){ <body> } { example(1) #the function uses input_1 and return output_a } { example(2) #the function uses previous output_a as an input and returns... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK error - string cannot be longer than X bytes

Hi Friends, Could you please tell me why i am getting the below eror while working with awk. I am confused :confused: what to do ? awk: 0602-591 String 1,9,20,6,6 cannot be longer than 399 bytes. The source line is 1. The error context is >>> <<< awk: 0602-591... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check the processes running longer than 2 hours.?

HI can someone help me to check the process running more than 2 hours. I have the below command which shows the time and process id, however, I only need the processes running more than 2 hours. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinod
8 Replies
pgfouine(1)							   User Commands						       pgfouine(1)

NAME
pgfouine - PostgreSQL log analyzer SYNOPSIS
pgfouine -file <file> [-top <n>] [-format <format>] [-logtype <logtype>] [-report [outputfile=]<block1,block2>] DESCRIPTION
-file <file> log file to analyze - read the log from stdin instead of -file -top <n> number of queries in lists. Default is 20. -format <format> output format: html, html-with-graphs or text. Default is html. -logtype <logtype> log type: syslog or stderr. Default is syslog. for stderr, you have to use the following log_line_prefix: '%t [%p]: [%l-1] ' -report [outputfile=]<block1,block2> list of report blocks separated by a comma report blocks can be: overall, hourly, bytype, slowest, n-mosttime, n-mostfrequent, n-slowestaverage, history, n-mostfrequenterrors, tsung You can add several -report options if you want to generate several reports at once -examples <n> maximum number of examples for a normalized query -onlyselect ignore all queries but SELECT -from "<date>" ignore lines logged before this date (uses strtotime) -to "<date>" ignore lines logged after this date (uses strtotime) -database <database> consider only queries on this database -user <user> consider only queries executed by this user -title <title> define the title of the reports -syslogident <ident> PostgreSQL syslog identity. Default is postgres. -memorylimit <n> PHP memory limit in MB. Default is 128. -debug debug mode -profile profile mode -help this help AUTHOR
pgfouine was written by Guillaume Smet <guillaume-pg at smet dot org>. This manpage was written by Clement Stenac <zorglub at debian dot org> for the Debian project, but may be used by others. pgfouine August 2006 pgfouine(1)