Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk program date function no longer running Post 303043823 by paulgdavitt on Friday 7th of February 2020 02:51:40 PM
Old 02-07-2020
Thanks so much! That fixed it. This will really make me look like I know what I'm doing come Tuesday when the report is used. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scripts no longer running (solaris 8)

hello: I am a somewhat experienced unix user, but brand new to this forum. I am encountering a strange new problem. I have a shell script called foo.ksh it has been running for years (literally) on my Sun (Solaris 8) machine. Recently we put a version of samba on this machine to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcadoo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting ftp in korn function - no longer working

This works if it's not in a function. I pulled it into one and I get syntax error, no mathcing '<'. I have to call it several times and need it to be a function. Any ideas? function FTP_Engine_File { ftp -inv ${FTP_SERVER} << EOF_FTP >> ${FTP_LOG} user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

program name and function name builtins

Hi Is there a way to get the program/script name or function name usng built ins. Like in many languages arg holds the program name regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK input can not be longer than 3000 bytes

Hi, i have following line in my code. eport.pl < $4 | dos2ux | head -2000 | paste -sd\| - | awk -v S="$1" ' Issue is, i get a message saying "awk:input line | found /file/path cannot be longer than 3000 bytes." "source line number is 3" Can someone help me with this please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Graphical program no longer works after Solaris 10 upgrade

This is a fairly complex issue. I do not have a lot of knowledge on X11. But here are the things. I am running a program called Synergy off a Solaris server. The server sits in a remote network and can be accessed via NAT. Using Putty, I will enable X11 forwarding and launch Synergy via Putty.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Input line Cannot be longer than 3,000 bytes.

Guys, I want to get the high CPU utilization from top. I am using below code : top -d2 >> /home/dba_monitoring/host_top_output.txt echo "Script started `date`" > $runlog usage=`grep "^ *$1" /home/dba_monitoring/host_top_output.txt | awk '{print $12}' | sed 's/%//'` And getting below... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahab
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending user sessions which have been on a program for longer than 1 hour

hi, im looking to write a script to end user sessions which are on a paticular program and have been for over an hour so I can free up the system a bit. I understand that the "who" command lists the current users logged into the system, however it does not let me see what program they are on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apply a function twice successively with the same input in awk program

Hi ! It is a general question. When an awk script looks like: #! bin/awk function example(i){ <body> } { example(1) #the function uses input_1 and return output_a } { example(2) #the function uses previous output_a as an input and returns... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK error - string cannot be longer than X bytes

Hi Friends, Could you please tell me why i am getting the below eror while working with awk. I am confused :confused: what to do ? awk: 0602-591 String 1,9,20,6,6 cannot be longer than 399 bytes. The source line is 1. The error context is >>> <<< awk: 0602-591... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check the processes running longer than 2 hours.?

HI can someone help me to check the process running more than 2 hours. I have the below command which shows the time and process id, however, I only need the processes running more than 2 hours. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinod
8 Replies
Date::Manip::Lang(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Date::Manip::Lang(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Lang - date manipulation routines (language initialization) DESCRIPTION
This module is a series of routines, one per language, used to initialize the support for different languages in Date::Manip ADDING A LANGUAGE
Adding a language is easily done. If you want to add a language, refer to the list of words and phrases given below. Translate them into the desired language and email them to me. Note that Date::Manip does support international character sets, so if there are non-ASCII characters in the words, it's not a problem. Be sure to include an ASCII representation as well that can be used in cases where non-ASCII characters might cause problems. In many cases, alternate spellings are allowed, and there may be multiple words or phrases which fit, so please include all of them (with ASCII representations for any that include non-ASCII characters). Please translate ALL of the following. In some cases, a phrase is given in parentheses. It is not necessary to translate the phrase. They're there to show the word in the correct context. month names (January February ...) abbreviations (Jan Feb ...) day name (Monday Tuesday ... Sunday) abbreviation (Mon Tue ... Sun) short abbrev. (M T ... S) number suffix (1st 2nd ... 31st) spelled out (first second ... thirty-first now today tomorrow yesterday last (last day of the month) each (each Tuesday of the month) of (first day of the week) at (at 3:00) on (on Tuesday) next (next Tuesday) last (last Tuesday) exactly (in exactly 3 hours) approximately (in approximately 3 hours) business (in 4 business days) Some times of the day are named. At the very least, there is probably noon and midnight. Provide all named times, and the time of day. noon 12:00:00 midnight 00:00:00 The delta field names can be written or abbreviated in many differet ways. Provide all names and abbreviations for the seven fields. For example: years/year/yrs/yr/y months/month/mon weeks/week/wk/wks/w days/day/d hours/hour/hr/hrs minutes/minute/min/mn seconds/second/sec/s What words/phrases can be used to say that a time is in the future? E.g. IN 3 hours 3 hours LATER 3 hours IN THE FUTURE In the past? 3 hours AGO 3 hours PAST Does the language have an equivalent of the English AM/PM? If so, what are all possible values of each? Other than a comma or period, are there any common integer/decimal separators? For example: 1.25 can be expressed as 1.25 or 1,25 commonly. Are there any other ways? When expressing time the hours/minutes and minutes/seconds are typically separated by colons. Are there any other separators? If so, what combinations of the separators are used in real life? For example: 05h30:00. NOTE: there must be the same number of sephm and sepms values and the first sephm corresponds to the first sepms, etc. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) You can always get the newest beta version of Date::Manip (which may fix problems in the current CPAN version... and may add others) from my home page: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~sbeck/ perl v5.12.1 2010-01-12 Date::Manip::Lang(3)