Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: For loop error
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers For loop error Post 303043810 by RudiC on Friday 7th of February 2020 09:13:20 AM
Old 02-07-2020
Difficult ... where to start?
Well, this is what (including some inconsistencies) I get from your code snippet after having eliminated the gravest syntax problems:
Code:
$ cat /tmp/output.txt
test_[name]_[service1]_[1]
test_[name]_[service15]_[6]
test_[sh1]_[service1]_[1]
test_[sh1]_[service1]_[6]
test_[sh1]_[service15]_[1]
test_[sh1]_[service15]_[6]
test_[sh16]_[service1]_[1]

The largest problem seems to be the test_[$i]_[$j]_[$k] =cat /tmp/filename.txt | grep $i | grep $j | grep $k | wc -l:
- that ...[...]...[...]... is not a construct known to me, at least in the most commen shells. BTW, what's your shell? You forgot to mention...
- (common) shells don't like a space around the = . That's the reason for your error msg.
- the cat ...pipe needs to be run in a "command substitution" $(...) (c.f. man bash or your shell's man page)

You seem to have missed the "expansion" of the variable in the echo statement.
I don't see any relation to your output sample from the structure of your script. And, there's no service16 mentioned anywhere except in your output.

Aside: be aware of "false positives" (like sh1 matching sh1 AND sh16).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in for loop?

Hi, Working on AIX using the following for loop. for a in `find /edi/iTracTEST/sessions -name nohup.out -print` do echo $a done On the command line it works fine, but insert the code in a file and then running it, it does not want to work. I get the following back. ' is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugow
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Loop?

hi friends, i wrote one simple shell script.. in that am using for loop... when i am trying to execute the script.it shows syntax error at for loop line '((' unexpected. #!/bin/ksh ## ##### To find no of files in the directory NOF=`ls -l /root/COMM/LOGS/eds/20081025| wc -l`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in for loop???

Hi, I get the following output 98 -1 98 0 ./get_AB04-time: line 79: ((: i< && 0 !=7 : syntax error: operand expected (error token is "&& 0 !=7 ") I have this part of code. Line 79 is the line of the for loop. echo ${OCCURRENCE} $i_START CASE=0; i_END=${i_START}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Using an if Loop Within a While Loop

Hello All, I am having a problem with an “if loop” within a “while loop” in my Korn Shell program. The basic concept of the program is that it searches for the existence of a series of load files in a load directory, and once it finds one of these files, it begins the following process: · Creates... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonesdk5
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with while loop

the program just prints all the command line arguments Getting error in the program error ./hellow: line 13: 0: command not found ./hellow: line 13: 0: command not found below is the program #!/bin/bash num=$# echo $num if then echo "No arguments are passed ." else ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKARREDDY006
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in while loop

I have a file Table.out having table name like this Table_Emp Table_Exp Table_Fcr To show first 10 rows .. I' wrtng a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh cat /tmp/table.out|while read -r table vbar1 do <connect to db> then select * from $table limit 10; > /tmp/1.out done ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in if loop

Hi All, while executing this code ,I'm gettign below Error if_test: line 3: #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "this is aginity;" elif ; then echo "this is informatica;" fi exit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in loop

This is my first ever bash script. What i wish to achieve is to find all files in current directory except the script file and count lines in each found file. Some thing seems to be wrong with the if statement :confused: Please help why it does not work? and maybe you have some ideas how to improve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in for loop

I was trying to implement a nested for do loop to run a perl script. for i in 1 10 50 do for j in 2 12 55 do perl script.pl "$i" "$i" "$j" done done when I implemented it within a shell script, i got the output, but every time j value will 55, or basically the last value of j in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error with for loop

There are two files abc_123.dat and abc_345.dat if at least one file exists then enter into the loop and remove file and exit. In first iteration, deleting files successfully but "else" statement executing after deleting files."else" should execute only if there is no file in the directory.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh123
1 Replies
KVNO(1) 							   MIT Kerberos 							   KVNO(1)

NAME
kvno - print key version numbers of Kerberos principals SYNOPSIS
kvno [-c ccache] [-e etype] [-q] [-h] [-P] [-S sname] [-U for_user] service1 service2 ... DESCRIPTION
kvno acquires a service ticket for the specified Kerberos principals and prints out the key version numbers of each. OPTIONS
-c ccache Specifies the name of a credentials cache to use (if not the default) -e etype Specifies the enctype which will be requested for the session key of all the services named on the command line. This is useful in certain backward compatibility situations. -q Suppress printing output when successful. If a service ticket cannot be obtained, an error message will still be printed and kvno will exit with nonzero status. -h Prints a usage statement and exits. -P Specifies that the service1 service2 ... arguments are to be treated as services for which credentials should be acquired using constrained delegation. This option is only valid when used in conjunction with protocol transition. -S sname Specifies that the service1 service2 ... arguments are interpreted as hostnames, and the service principals are to be constructed from those hostnames and the service name sname. The service hostnames will be canonicalized according to the usual rules for con- structing service principals. -U for_user Specifies that protocol transition (S4U2Self) is to be used to acquire a ticket on behalf of for_user. If constrained delegation is not requested, the service name must match the credentials cache client principal. ENVIRONMENT
kvno uses the following environment variable: KRB5CCNAME Location of the credentials (ticket) cache. FILES
FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_%{uid} Default location of the credentials cache SEE ALSO
kinit(1), kdestroy(1) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 KVNO(1)