Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to ignore mutiple strings when using shell script? Post 303043791 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 6th of February 2020 10:49:36 PM
Old 02-06-2020
You want alternation:
Code:
find / -name "$serviceitem" ! -size 0  -exec egrep -v "(tmp|docker|WinSxS|Permission|HISTORY|alternatives|bearer11ssl|manifest) \;"

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 02-07-2020 at 12:01 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Script to assign mutiple IP's to 1 nic

I need a script to assign multiple IP addresses to a single nic. The machine is running CentOS. Any help would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron310
2 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

strings in shell script!

hi ppl, I have a basic doubt as to how shell treats strings. e.g:given a line of data like this "5","6","45","77","89" extracting the value from each field to a variable will conatin a string("5") or just the number? If it conatins "5", how do we perform mathematical operations with that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beetel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to replace strings to and from a file

Hello All, I have 2 files 1 ) source file eg asasa 1.2.3.4 adfhsdfsdfasdf zxzxzx 2.3.4.56 dsadasdasdsadasd kjjkjkjk 30.3.4.5 asdsadsadsadsadsad vxcvxcvx 1.2.3.4 qwewqewqeqweqwe 2) patern file 1.2.3.4 A 2.3.4.56 B 30.3.4.5 C I need the source to be changed to asasa A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find associated strings in a bash shell script

Hi together, unfortunately I am not a shell script guru - the following might touch the depths of awk, substr, split, regexps, where I am still fighting with - but as always the boss needs a fast solution :-( So: I have the following USER/PASSWORD-installation-config-file, from where I want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sofie
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to ignore # and take corresponding user and group

Hi, I have a following file: role.IMPACT_USER.user=admin role.IMPACT_USER.user=dd12345 role.IMPACT_USER.user=ss76767 #role.IMPACT_USER.user=root #role.IMPACT_USER.group=System role.IMPACT_USER.group=ImpactUser #Description: Allow users to login in to Impact, start and stop service... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore lines in Shell Script

Hi, I have a shell script, which reads a *.txt file - line by line. In this text file, I have some lines beginning with "#" that I want to ignore : MY_FILE #blah blah blah 1 blah blah blah 2 blah blah blah 3 #blah blah blah 4 I want my script to read only the following lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to ignore all columns from a file which contains character strings

Hello All, I have a .CSV file where I expect all numeric data in all the columns other than column headers. But sometimes I get the files (result of statistics computation by other persons) like below( sample data) SNO,Data1,Data2,Data3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,SOME STRING 3,4,Inf,5 4,5,4,4 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with mutiple steps/commands, on UNIX servers

Hi, I wrote a simple script, which will call other scripts or run commands on a UNIX server. my script has multiple steps/commands with some delay in between. I usually get some email notifications after the successful execution of each step. **My intention is to get email alerts when it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore Folder in Shell Script ?

Hi, I currently use a script to extract *.deb files located in a Directory called "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads" The Problem is howver I want the script to ignore the folder: "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads/New Debs and Files" (it shall NOT decompile any of the files in that folder. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge strings with ignore case

I have a bi-lingual database of a large number of dictionaries. It so happens that in some a given string is in upper case and in others it is in lower case. An example will illustrate the issue. toll Tax=पथ-कर Toll tax=राहदारी कर toll tax=टोल I want to treat all three instances of toll tax... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies
WMANAGER(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       WMANAGER(1)

NAME
wmanager -- choose a window manager and launch it SYNOPSIS
wmanager [OPTIONS ...] DESCRIPTION
The wmanager program displays a choice of the window managers listed in the ~/.wmanagerrc file. When one is picked, the related command is written to standard output, intended to be used by shell scripts. If the program is exited without choosing a window manager, ``-1'' is written to standard output. -fg COLOR Set the foreground color. -bg COLOR Set the background color. -bg2 COLOR Set the widget background color -di[splay] host:n.n Set the X display. -dn[d], -nod[nd] Enable/disable drag & drop, probably does nothing. -g[eometry] WxH+X+Y Set the window size and location. -i[conic] Start as iconified. -k[bd], -nok[bd] Enable/disable keyboard support. -na[me] CLASSNAME Set the X window class. -s[cheme] SCHEME Unknown, probably does nothing useful. -ti[tle] WINDOWTITLE Set the window title. -to[oltips], -not[ooltips] Enable/disable tooltips, probably does nothing. EXAMPLE
To start using wmanager, create a ~/.wmanagerrc file - generally with wmanagerrc-update(1) - and add something like the following at the end of your ~/.xsession file: WM="$(wmanager -geometry +570+585)" ... exec $WM See also wmanager-loop(1) for a nicer way to start wmanager. SEE ALSO
wmanager(1), wmanager-loop(1), wmanagerrc-update(1), X(7x) HISTORY
The wmanager program was written by Meik Tessmer in 1999. This manual page was originally written in perldoc format by Tommi Virtanen in 2000, and converted to mdoc format by Peter Pentchev in 2008. AUTHORS
The wmanager program - Meik Tessmer <fuller@daemogorgon.net>. The manual page - Tommi Virtanen <tv@debian.org> and Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>. BSD
May 22, 2008 BSD