Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Disable Solaris Gnome 3 screen blanker Post 303043785 by wisecracker on Thursday 6th of February 2020 03:03:15 PM
Old 02-06-2020
Hi Michele31416...

Thanks for updating your post with the answer...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Gnome on Solaris 10

I have just installed Gnome on Solaris 10, I am wondering how to get it listed in the “session” selection box on the login screen, as it currently isn't. Any Ideas? :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dredz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Express Slow to load Gnome

Hi, I recently installed the latest Solaris Express Developers Edition. I'm building a NAS and want to use RAID Z, and Solaris 10 didn't have the drivers for my HD controller card. Everything is up and running fine, but I notice it takes a good 8 minutes to load gnome (or X, not sure where it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
2 Replies

3. Linux

Disable Maximize/Resize on GNOME

Hello, I would like to know wether if its possible or not to do the following: 1) Disable the maximize button on a "particular" window. 2) Disable the resize option on that "particular" window. 3) Disable the right-click properties that appear when you click on a minimized app thats sitting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preacheronsunda
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install gnome in solaris

How to install gnome in solaris 9 and 10, how to enable java environment in solaris 9 and 10. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to disable the clearing of the first page when executing screen tool

Hi Guy, In order to monitor the user sessions, I have put the screen tool in the .profile in order to record the whole session. However, when the user logs in, the screen command is executed and the screen is first cleared, then the command prompt appears. so, I basically want to disable the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saad26
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Gnome Packages on Solaris 10 u6

If my system is supposed to be a pure oracle database server can i remove all the GNOME packages from the system ? Currently system is installed with Everything+OEM and i want the image to be as small as possible remove the unnecessary softwares from it so that its a master image for other servers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Gnome in Solaris 9

Hi My problem is that I kind of opened gnome environment from the cde environment and now I do not know how to turn it off so any suggestions will be much appreciated. and I am running Solaris 9 as root user I am also a beginner in unix Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theeb
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 disable IPv6

I've new installed Solaris 11 on Sparc T4-1. I'd like to disable IPv6 but with no luck. lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 net0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

vnc viewer presents black screen along with GNOME settings daemon errors.

Hello folks, I'm remotely connecting through VNC to two machines, each running Red Hat 5.9, from mine which is running Windows 7. Both connections were working well before. However, now one of the machines only gives me a black screen, with a pop up that says: "There was an error starting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Miguel E. Perez
1 Replies
gnome-screenshot(1)						   User Commands					       gnome-screenshot(1)

NAME
gnome-screenshot, gnome-panel-screenshot - GNOME screenshot utility SYNOPSIS
gnome-screenshot | gnome-panel-screenshot [--border-effect=effect] [--delay=int] [--include-border] [--interactive] [--window] [gnome-std- options] DESCRIPTION
gnome-screenshot allows users to capture the screen image of a window or the complete screen. gnome-panel-screenshot is a symlink to gnome-screenshot. If the --window option is used, you must move the mouse pointer to the window to be captured. The --delay option is always used with the --window option, to allow sufficient delay to set up the required screenshot. Once you have captured the window region, you are presented with a dialog showing a preview of the snapshot and the choice to save the image. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --border-effect=effect Effect to add to the border. --delay=int Pause for int seconds before capturing the window or screen --include-border Include the window border with the screenshot. --interactive Interactively set options. --window Capture a screenshot of the window in which the mouse pointer is located. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Capturing the full screen example% gnome-screenshot EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-screenshot Executable for GNOME screenshot utility /usr/bin/gnome-panel-screenshot Symbolic link to gnome-screenshot. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-utils | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-panel(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Ghee Teo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-screenshot(1)