Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Disable Solaris Gnome 3 screen blanker Post 303043785 by wisecracker on Thursday 6th of February 2020 03:03:15 PM
Old 02-06-2020
Hi Michele31416...

Thanks for updating your post with the answer...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Gnome on Solaris 10

I have just installed Gnome on Solaris 10, I am wondering how to get it listed in the “session” selection box on the login screen, as it currently isn't. Any Ideas? :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dredz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Express Slow to load Gnome

Hi, I recently installed the latest Solaris Express Developers Edition. I'm building a NAS and want to use RAID Z, and Solaris 10 didn't have the drivers for my HD controller card. Everything is up and running fine, but I notice it takes a good 8 minutes to load gnome (or X, not sure where it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
2 Replies

3. Linux

Disable Maximize/Resize on GNOME

Hello, I would like to know wether if its possible or not to do the following: 1) Disable the maximize button on a "particular" window. 2) Disable the resize option on that "particular" window. 3) Disable the right-click properties that appear when you click on a minimized app thats sitting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preacheronsunda
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install gnome in solaris

How to install gnome in solaris 9 and 10, how to enable java environment in solaris 9 and 10. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to disable the clearing of the first page when executing screen tool

Hi Guy, In order to monitor the user sessions, I have put the screen tool in the .profile in order to record the whole session. However, when the user logs in, the screen command is executed and the screen is first cleared, then the command prompt appears. so, I basically want to disable the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saad26
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Gnome Packages on Solaris 10 u6

If my system is supposed to be a pure oracle database server can i remove all the GNOME packages from the system ? Currently system is installed with Everything+OEM and i want the image to be as small as possible remove the unnecessary softwares from it so that its a master image for other servers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Gnome in Solaris 9

Hi My problem is that I kind of opened gnome environment from the cde environment and now I do not know how to turn it off so any suggestions will be much appreciated. and I am running Solaris 9 as root user I am also a beginner in unix Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theeb
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 disable IPv6

I've new installed Solaris 11 on Sparc T4-1. I'd like to disable IPv6 but with no luck. lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 net0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

vnc viewer presents black screen along with GNOME settings daemon errors.

Hello folks, I'm remotely connecting through VNC to two machines, each running Red Hat 5.9, from mine which is running Windows 7. Both connections were working well before. However, now one of the machines only gives me a black screen, with a pop up that says: "There was an error starting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Miguel E. Perez
1 Replies
unbound(8)							   unbound 1.5.1							unbound(8)

NAME
unbound - Unbound DNS validating resolver 1.5.1. SYNOPSIS
unbound [-h] [-d] [-v] [-c cfgfile] DESCRIPTION
Unbound is a caching DNS resolver. It uses a built in list of authoritative nameservers for the root zone (.), the so called root hints. On receiving a DNS query it will ask the root nameservers for an answer and will in almost all cases receive a delegation to a top level domain (TLD) authoritative nameserver. It will then ask that nameserver for an answer. It will recursively continue until an answer is found or no answer is available (NXDO- MAIN). For performance and efficiency reasons that answer is cached for a certain time (the answer's time-to-live or TTL). A second query for the same name will then be answered from the cache. Unbound can also do DNSSEC validation. To use a locally running Unbound for resolving put nameserver 127.0.0.1 into resolv.conf(5). If authoritative DNS is needed as well using nsd(8), careful setup is required because authoritative nameservers and resolvers are using the same port number (53). The available options are: -h Show the version and commandline option help. -c cfgfile Set the config file with settings for unbound to read instead of reading the file at the default location, /usr/local/etc/unbound/unbound.conf. The syntax is described in unbound.conf(5). -d Debug flag: do not fork into the background, but stay attached to the console. This flag will also delay writing to the log file until the thread-spawn time, so that most config and setup errors appear on stderr. If given twice or more, logging does not switch to the log file or to syslog, but the log messages are printed to stderr all the time. -v Increase verbosity. If given multiple times, more information is logged. This is in addition to the verbosity (if any) from the config file. SEE ALSO
unbound.conf(5), unbound-checkconf(8), nsd(8). AUTHORS
Unbound developers are mentioned in the CREDITS file in the distribution. NLnet Labs Dec 8, 2014 unbound(8)