Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers IBM eServer X 335 stops boot process at Server splash screen Post 303043728 by Neo on Wednesday 5th of February 2020 06:00:48 AM
Old 02-05-2020
I don't recall vendors like AIX making the BIOS for their board available publicly (especially 15 years ago).

Are you trying to get AIX up and running or are you going to try another operating system?

What exact operating system and version number are on the box now?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO OS5 Boot up stops

I have been passed a SCO OS5 server that will not boot up, Im a UNIX starter to say the least, So I was wondering if Im dealing with something simple and I dont know it! The server starts up to the Boot prompt and in either multiple or single mode it will stop during the boot process and wait. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cscmsupport
0 Replies

2. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen

Hi Guys, I am working with Solaris 9 and we are developing the application which will work on different OS.So we develop the GUI using JAVA swings... we want to display a Splash screen before starting the installation of the application... 1st we develop our application for windows and it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

3. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen in Java

Hi all, Actually I want to flash the image which I have in my system and when I am trying to do it,it is not showing it.simply creates the frame but not displaying the image.I am attaching the code-- Please take a look on it and please provide your valuable suggestions on it so that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX stops on boot; DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING

Hi all, I have an HP-UX server that halts during boot. Below is CO output. Any ideas how to solve this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. HP-UX Boot Loader for IPF -- Revision 2.027 Press Any Key to interrupt Autoboot \EFI\HPUX\AUTO ==> boot vmunix -lq Seconds left till... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MazenH
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

grub splash screen not displayed

I re-installed grub on /dev/sdb on a 3ware raid machine and now the grub splash screen is not displayed when booting. Server when boots up comes and halt in the grub menu and I need to manually load kernel and initrd to get the machine up. I have not changed any grub setting. I used the command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unixware and IBM eServer x235

got a ibm eserver x235 with unixware 7.1.4 no password, just wants login name and password.. my first unix.. but i just wanted server. but some issues: needs 2nd cpu (not installed) can i just add second processor? has slot 1gb ram i can buy more, but dont want to unless i can get this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: networktec
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing

Hi all, I am customizing the Xubuntu 12.04 live cd.. Using uck-gui , i extracted the iso file and mounted in a location. Can anyone please help me out how to proceed with removing the splash screen ( the screen that gives loading image with xubuntu logo) or to change the logo that is in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing

Hi all, I am customizing the Xubuntu 12.04 live cd.. Using uck-gui , i extracted the iso file and mounted in a location. Can anyone please help me out how to proceed with removing the splash screen ( the screen that gives loading image with xubuntu logo) or to change the logo that is in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail when a process stops

I have a process that crashes quite often. I'm unable to fix it since I'm not the developer and it is beyond my control to do so. However restarting the process will fix the issue which is fine. I would like to receive a notification via email that the process has failed so I can login and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
5 Replies
platform(n)						       Tcl Bundled Packages						       platform(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform ?1.0.4? platform::generic platform::identify platform::patterns identifier _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a machine running Tcl. Whilst Tcl provides the tcl_platform array for identifying the current architecture (in particular, the platform and machine elements) this is not always sufficient. This is because (on Unix machines) tcl_platform reflects the values returned by the uname command and these are not standardized across platforms and architectures. In addition, on at least one platform (AIX) the tcl_platform(machine) contains the CPU serial number. Consequently, individual applications need to manipulate the values in tcl_platform (along with the output of system specific utilities) - which is both inconvenient for developers, and introduces the potential for inconsistencies in identifying architectures and in naming con- ventions. The platform package prevents such fragmentation - i.e., it establishes a standard naming convention for architectures running Tcl and makes it more convenient for developers to identify the current architecture a Tcl program is running on. COMMANDS
platform::identify This command returns an identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. The returned identifier has the general for- mat OS-CPU. The OS part of the identifier may contain details like kernel version, libc version, etc., and this information may con- tain dashes as well. The CPU part will not contain dashes, making the preceding dash the last dash in the result. platform::generic This command returns a simplified identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. In contrast to platform::identify it leaves out details like kernel version, libc version, etc. The returned identifier has the general format OS-CPU. platform::patterns identifier This command takes an identifier as returned by platform::identify and returns a list of identifiers describing compatible architec- tures. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform 1.0.4 platform(n)