Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Using Node-RED and MQTT to Monitor Server and Application Stats Post 303043726 by Neo on Wednesday 5th of February 2020 05:52:01 AM
Old 02-05-2020
Expanded the dashboard a bit, and found the time series data helpful in tracking down some nagging performance issues.

The time series charts in these screen shots illustrate two brief performance hits. Since these hits happen at the top of the hours, I looked carefully a the application scheduled tasks and found a number of "clean up" tasks which were not an issue with the DB was small, but with a large DB these "clean up" hourly scheduled tasks can slow the site down.

So, I moved around five clean-up tasks to Saturday and Sunday, since moving these batch jobs to the weekend will not effect the application very much, but does improve performance quite a bit.

Using Node-RED and MQTT to Monitor Server and Application Stats-screen-shot-2020-02-05-54437-pmjpg

Using Node-RED and MQTT to Monitor Server and Application Stats-screen-shot-2020-02-05-54333-pmjpg

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

2. AIX

powerha application monitor restart counter?

I have configured a custom application monitor with restart count = 3. say the application has restarted 2 times, if the application fail 2 more times within restart interval, it will failover. Is there any counter to tell me the recent restart count? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Red Hat application server ssl keystore problem

A client is accessing our JBoss server. In the past, we set up a keystore and everything worked fine. That certificat expired and we've installed the new one. Now the client is getting the following error - HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:25:44 GMT Server:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkinney
1 Replies

5. Programming

ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages

Here we go.... Preface: ..... so in a galaxy far, far, far away from commercial, data sharing corporations..... For this project, I used the ESP-WROOM-32 as an MQTT (publish / subscribe) client which receives Linux server "load averages" as messages published as MQTT pub/sub messages.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

6. Programming

Publish and Subscribe to AES-256 Encrypted MQTT Messages to Node-RED from PHP Scripts

Various Node-Red crypto modules do not work with PHP, so to send an encrypted message from a PHP script (in this case from a Ubuntu server) to Node-RED we need our own code. After a few hours of searching, testing various libs, more testing and debugging, I got this PHP to Node-RED code... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Programming

Node-RED: Writing MQTT Messages to MySQL DB with UNIX timestamp

First, I want to thank Neo (LOL) for this post from 2018, Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR I could not get the Node-RED mysql module to work and searched Google until all my links were purple! I kept getting ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR with the right credentials. Nothing on the web was... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron [-f] [-l] [-L loglevel] DESCRIPTION
cron is started automatically from /etc/init.d on entering multi-user runlevels. OPTIONS
-f Stay in foreground mode, don't daemonize. -l Enable LSB compliant names for /etc/cron.d files -L loglevel Sets the loglevel for cron. The standard logging level (1) will log the start of all the cron jobs. A higher loglevel (2) will cause cron to log also the end of all cronjobs, which can be useful to audit the behaviour of tasks run by cron. Logging will be disabled if the loglevel is set to zero (0). NOTES
cron searches its spool area (/var/spool/cron/crontabs) for crontab files (which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd); crontabs found are loaded into memory. Note that crontabs in this directory should not be accessed directly - the crontab command should be used to access and update them. cron also reads /etc/crontab, which is in a slightly different format (see crontab(5)). Additionally, cron reads the files in /etc/cron.d: it treats the files in /etc/cron.d as in the same way as the /etc/crontab file (they follow the special format of that file, i.e. they include the user field). However, they are independent of /etc/crontab: they do not, for example, inherit environment variable settings from it. The intended purpose of this feature is to allow packages that require finer control of their scheduling than the /etc/cron.{daily,weekly,monthly} directories to add a crontab file to /etc/cron.d. Such files should be named after the package that sup- plies them. Files must conform to the same naming convention as used by run-parts(8): they must consist solely of upper- and lower-case letters, digits, underscores, and hyphens. If the -l option is specified, then they must conform to the LSB namespace specification, exactly as in the --lsbsysinit option in run-parts. Like /etc/crontab, the files in the /etc/cron.d directory are monitored for changes. In general, the admin should not use /etc/cron.d/, but use the standard system crontab /etc/crontab. In contrast to the spool area, files in /etc/cron.d may be symlinks, provided that both the symlink and the file it points to are owned by root. cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When executing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). The children copies of cron running these processes have their name coerced to uppercase, as will be seen in the syslog and ps output. Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. Special considerations exist when the clock is changed by less than 3 hours, for example at the beginning and end of daylight savings time. If the time has moved forwards, those jobs which would have run in the time that was skipped will be run soon after the change. Con- versely, if the time has moved backwards by less than 3 hours, those jobs that fall into the repeated time will not be re-run. Only jobs that run at a particular time (not specified as @hourly, nor with '*' in the hour or minute specifier) are affected. Jobs which are specified with wildcards are run based on the new time immediately. Clock changes of more than 3 hours are considered to be corrections to the clock, and the new time is used immediately. cron logs its action to the syslog facility 'cron', and logging may be controlled using the standard syslogd(8) facility. ENVIRONMENT
If configured in /etc/default/cron in Debian systems, the cron daemon localisation settings environment can be managed through the use of /etc/environment or through the use of /etc/default/locale with values from the latter overriding values from the former. These files are read and they will be used to setup the LANG, LC_ALL, and LC_CTYPE environment variables. These variables are then used to set the charset of mails, which defaults to 'C'. This does NOT affect the environment of tasks running under cron. For more information on how to modify the environment of tasks, consult crontab(5). The daemon will use, if present, the definition from /etc/timezone for the timezone. The environment can be redefined in user's crontab definitions but cron will only handle tasks in a single timezone. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 19 April 2010 CRON(8)