Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App Post 303043645 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 11:52:53 PM
Old 02-03-2020
I see folks on FB are starting to show interest in this app, so here are the steps to get started, for those who do not want login:

(1) Download and install the IoT-OnOff app. Basic use is free and that is all you need. Note, I am not the creator of this app and have no relationship with the creator at all.

Configure the app as follows.

(2) Go to settings:

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_0465ajpg

(3) Then go to MQTT Broker and add the IP address of the MQTT server / service (and make sure all the other settings are the exact same as in the photo):

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_450213596df6-1jpeg

(3) Then go to the Authentication screen and add the user name and password to the broker service:
  • The user name is: <contact me, or reply back asking for user name>
  • The password is: <contact me, or reply back asking for password>

There is no "hidden meaning" to the user name and password, I just used them at random when I first installed and tested the MQTT message broker Smilie

Make sure you turn on "authentication" at the bottom of that screen:

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_52044ea2d923-1jpeg

(4) Next you configure your dashboard (just take a few minutes, see next post):

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

luminis app

The guys at SunGard want to charge a lot of $$$$ for installing Luminis and we are trying to see if this can be done without them. Their installation guide provided page #53 ( http://www.luminis.nocccd.edu/documents/Luminis%20IV/lp40000in.pdf ) doesn't really tell you much. All they say is that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceci1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with /app

Hi folks, i have a problem with my /app directory on solaris 10.It is mounted under rpool root and sometimes it increase dimension bringing root out of space.I want to mount /app under different position, maybe under secondary hardisk for which i have created a mount point with zfs pool...How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattpunk
10 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can a ios app be developed on a windows or ipad?

hi, i want to start developing an ios app that can be used on iphone and ipad. can anyone guide me how to start? i saw that it can be developed only on a mac system.. but i dont have a mac system. i have an ipad 4 and a laptop with windows os? can i use one of these to start developing ios app??... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

5. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266

Here is a rapid prototype app I just put together which might be of interest to some people. Basically, I have parsed the data from a Chinese web site which is tracking the Wuhan coronavirus, and cache that data every minute via a local cron file and make a simple API available to a Blink app. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
NetSDS::App::SMTPD(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   NetSDS::App::SMTPD(3pm)

NAME
NetSDS::App::SMTPD SYNOPSIS
use NetSDS::App::SMTPD Packages NetSDS::App::SMTPD::Socket Needs for work with socket. This module is a parent for NetSDS::App::SMTPD and NetSDS::App::SMTPD::Client and a child of a NetSDS::APP ITEMS create_socket Creating a simple socket which could be transformed into a listening in NetSDS::App::SMTPD and could be used in NetSDS::App::SMTPD::Client for accept connection can_read This method uses for making a timeout before connections to the server: if there is no connections to accept, program would be just waiting in select while the connection appeared. close_socket Close socket NetSDS::App::SMTPD::Client Provides the smtp protocol bu using Net::Server::Mail::SMTP. Had attributes: smtp - an object of Net::Server::Mail::SMTP, ip - ip of the remote host, headers - ref hash with headers of a message, msg - a body of a message. ITEMS set_callback and process All that subs do - its only call the methods of a Net::Server::Mail::SMTP with the same name. get_mail In this sub we parse message and set headers of the object and message body. This sub is call as a callback on event DATA get_header and get_msg Get methods that make you access to a header of a msg and message body. Example: $client->get_header('FROM') or $client->get_header('to'); NetSDS::App::SMTPD This module init a smtp-server. ITEMS create_socket Init a listening socket by creating a simple socket Super::create_socket and make it listening. data Takes - a message that has been received, parses them and prepare the structure of headers, body for next actions accept Waiting for an smtp connection and that accept it. data process Example #!/usr/bin/env perl use strict; use warnings; Receiver->run( infinite => 1, debug => 1, verbose => 1, conf_file => '../conf/mts-receiver.conf', ); 1; package Receiver; use base 'NetSDS::App::SMTPD'; sub process { my $self = shift; my $client = $self->SUPER::process; #do something with msg; my $from = $client->get_header('from'); my $msg = $client->get_msg; ..... return $self; }; or you could reinit process like this: sub process { my $self = shift; my $client = $self->accept; return unless $client; $client->process; #do something ...... $client->close; return $self; }; AUTHOR
Yana Kornienko <yana@netstyle.com.ua> perl v5.10.1 2010-04-28 NetSDS::App::SMTPD(3pm)