Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App Post 303043645 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 11:52:53 PM
Old 02-03-2020
I see folks on FB are starting to show interest in this app, so here are the steps to get started, for those who do not want login:

(1) Download and install the IoT-OnOff app. Basic use is free and that is all you need. Note, I am not the creator of this app and have no relationship with the creator at all.

Configure the app as follows.

(2) Go to settings:

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_0465ajpg

(3) Then go to MQTT Broker and add the IP address of the MQTT server / service (and make sure all the other settings are the exact same as in the photo):

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_450213596df6-1jpeg

(3) Then go to the Authentication screen and add the user name and password to the broker service:
  • The user name is: <contact me, or reply back asking for user name>
  • The password is: <contact me, or reply back asking for password>

There is no "hidden meaning" to the user name and password, I just used them at random when I first installed and tested the MQTT message broker Smilie

Make sure you turn on "authentication" at the bottom of that screen:

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App-img_52044ea2d923-1jpeg

(4) Next you configure your dashboard (just take a few minutes, see next post):

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

luminis app

The guys at SunGard want to charge a lot of $$$$ for installing Luminis and we are trying to see if this can be done without them. Their installation guide provided page #53 ( http://www.luminis.nocccd.edu/documents/Luminis%20IV/lp40000in.pdf ) doesn't really tell you much. All they say is that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceci1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with /app

Hi folks, i have a problem with my /app directory on solaris 10.It is mounted under rpool root and sometimes it increase dimension bringing root out of space.I want to mount /app under different position, maybe under secondary hardisk for which i have created a mount point with zfs pool...How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattpunk
10 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can a ios app be developed on a windows or ipad?

hi, i want to start developing an ios app that can be used on iphone and ipad. can anyone guide me how to start? i saw that it can be developed only on a mac system.. but i dont have a mac system. i have an ipad 4 and a laptop with windows os? can i use one of these to start developing ios app??... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

5. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266

Here is a rapid prototype app I just put together which might be of interest to some people. Basically, I have parsed the data from a Chinese web site which is tracking the Wuhan coronavirus, and cache that data every minute via a local cron file and make a simple API available to a Blink app. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
Jifty::LetMe(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Jifty::LetMe(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::LetMe - A way to expose single-link URLs to your applications new Create a new "LetMe" authentication object; it takes no parameters. It calls "_init" to do any initialization. A LetMe is a way to provide a one-time-use URL for a particular purpose. All LetMe objects give you a way to validate a user's identity and to allow them a very small set of possible actions or page-access permissions. For example, you can put a LetMe URL in an email to a new user, so that when they click on the URL you know that their email address is valid. _init @_ Called with whatever "new" was called with. By default, does nothing. user Contains an app-specific "user" object. validated_current_user If the user has presented a valid token, returns an (app-specific subclass of the) Jifty::CurrentUser object for the user who has the email address in $self->email. If no user has that email address, returns undef. _user_from_email ADDRESS Returns an (app-specific subclass of the) Jifty::CurrentUser object for the user who has the email address ADDRESS. generate_checksum Returns an authentication checksum for the current combination of: user path arguments until generate_koremutake_checksum Generate a slightly more pronounceable version of the checksum using String::Koremutake. Due to hex -> integer limitations, this is imprecise and may vary depending on the platform it is used on; as such, it is deprecated. from_token PATH Parse a string of the form mylongusername@example.com/update_task/23/until/20050101/bekidrikufryvagygefuba into email => mylongusername@example.com, path => 'update_task/23' until => 20050101, checksum_provided => bekidrikufryvagygefuba as_token Returns the "letme" token for this set of credentials. This should round trip cleanly with from_token as_encoded_token A variant of as_token that encodes the user's email address suitably for passing in a URL as_url Returns the fully qualified URL for this LetMe. It's composed of Jifty->web->url, "base_path" and "as_encoded_token" base_path By default, all "LetMe" actions live at URLs under '/let' inside your application. Override this subroutine to change that. By default, it returns '/let/' validate Returns true if the credentials the user presented validate OK. Returns false otherwise. _correct_checksum_provided Returns true if the checksum the user provided is correct. Doesn't actually do much input checking. You want to call "validate" perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::LetMe(3pm)