Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris LDOM IP conflict
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris LDOM IP conflict Post 303043642 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 10:33:57 PM
Old 02-02-2020
You might considering flushing your ARP cache(s), or simply waiting until the ARP entries to timeout.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing Solaris into LDom using DVD

Hi, I have issues installing Solaris into a LDom using a Solaris10u5/08 DVD. I have been troubleshooting for the past 2 days and I still cannot get it up. Here is the logs: root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdsdev /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc/s0 cdrom0@primary-vds0 root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdisk cdrom0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolasutra
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 IP conflict

Hi Gurus I am in a strange situation. I have a SUN sparc server . The server was having an IP say X..... (this IP X is now being used by another server)..... I have just installed fresh solaris 9 OS on the same server and given new IP say Y. I also configured probe based IPMP with ce0 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing Solaris OS on LDOM SAN Disk

I have viewed a few previous posts regarding this, but none of them quite described or worked with my issue. I am out of local disk space on my LDOM Manager but still have plenty of SAN vCPU and Memory available so I am trying to install a new LDOM OS on SAN. I have exposed the SAN to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS LDOM problem on Solaris 10

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.. I have some LDOMs running on a Sparc server. I copied the disk0 file from one chassis over to another, stopped the ldom on the source system and started it on the 2nd one. All fine. Shut it down and flipped back. We then did a fair bit of work on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyq
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How can I install Solaris 10 on an LDom using an iso?

Hello, I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a newly created LDom. Here are the commands I ran to create the LDom: ldm add-domain ldg2 ldm add-vcpu 8 ldg2 ldm add-memory 2g ldg2 ldm add-vnet vnet2 primary-vsw0 ldg2 ldm add-vdsdev /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA01535E20Cd0s0 vol2@primary-vds0 ldm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Virtual Switch in Solaris LDOM

Hi, Our existing environment is having primary domain and 3 guest domains are running over it. See the attached image. Now we want to add a new primary virtual switch and move LDOM3 to be connected with new primary switch. So, I am not sure how to achieve this because. If I remove the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Ldom guest volumen problem t8 Solaris 11

hello to everyone. im new member here. i have a problem with a guest ldom on solaris 11 sparc in a T8. I need to access to disk vds assigned to guest domain but from control domain. I want to modify a parameter in inittab of the guest domain because start guest domain give me problems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liam_
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 LDOM guest network not working

I'm really stuck here. I've created an LDOM on a SPARC T4-1 with Solaris 11.4 to run a copy of Linux for SPARC. I got the Linux ISO installed and Linux itself installed and booted OK. The only thing is is that there's no networking available in the Linux guest. This question is basically the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					    SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)

NAME
exclusion - Exclude a set of hosts from a definition in a shorewall configuration file. SYNOPSIS
!address-or-range[,address-or-range]... !zone-name[,zone-name]... DESCRIPTION
The first form of exclusion is used when you wish to exclude one or more addresses from a definition. An exclaimation point is followed by a comma-separated list of addresses. The addresses may be single host addresses (e.g., 192.168.1.4) or they may be network addresses in CIDR format (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24). If your kernel and iptables include iprange support, you may also specify ranges of ip addresses of the form lowaddress-highaddress No embedded whitespace is allowed. Exclusion can appear after a list of addresses and/or address ranges. In that case, the final list of address is formed by taking the first list and then removing the addresses defined in the exclusion. Beginning in Shorewall 4.4.13, the second form of exclusion is allowed after all and any in the SOURCE and DEST columns of /etc/shorewall/rules. It allows you to omit arbitrary zones from the list generated by those key words. Warning If you omit a sub-zone and there is an explicit or explicit CONTINUE policy, a connection to/from that zone can still be matched by the rule generated for a parent zone. For example: /etc/shorewall/zones: #ZONE TYPE z1 ip z2:z1 ip ... /etc/shorewall/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY z1 net CONTINUE z2 net REJECT /etc/shorewall/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST # PORT(S) ACCEPT all!z2 net tcp 22 In this case, SSH connections from z2 to net will be accepted by the generated z1 to net ACCEPT rule. In most contexts, ipset names can be used as an address-or-range. Beginning with Shorewall 4.4.14, ipset lists enclosed in +[...] may also be included (see shorewall-ipsets[1] (5)). The semantics of these lists when used in an exclusion are as follows: o !+[set1,set2,...setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match at least one of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 OR NOT match set2 ... OR NOT match setN. o +[!set1,!set2,...!setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match any of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 AND NOT match set2 ... AND NOT match setN. EXAMPLES
Example 1 - All IPv4 addresses except 192.168.3.4 !192.168.3.4 Example 2 - All IPv4 addresses except the network 192.168.1.0/24 and the host 10.2.3.4 !192.168.1.0/24,10.1.3.4 Example 3 - All IPv4 addresses except the range 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12 and the network 10.0.0.0/8 !192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12,10.0.0.0/8 Example 4 - The network 192.168.1.0/24 except hosts 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.9 192.168.1.0/24!192.168.1.3,192.168.1.9 Example 5 - All parent zones except loc any!loc FILES
/etc/shorewall/hosts /etc/shorewall/masq /etc/shorewall/rules /etc/shorewall/tcrules SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall-ipsets http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-ipsets.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)