Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris LDOM IP conflict
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris LDOM IP conflict Post 303043642 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 10:33:57 PM
Old 02-02-2020
You might considering flushing your ARP cache(s), or simply waiting until the ARP entries to timeout.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing Solaris into LDom using DVD

Hi, I have issues installing Solaris into a LDom using a Solaris10u5/08 DVD. I have been troubleshooting for the past 2 days and I still cannot get it up. Here is the logs: root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdsdev /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc/s0 cdrom0@primary-vds0 root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdisk cdrom0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolasutra
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 IP conflict

Hi Gurus I am in a strange situation. I have a SUN sparc server . The server was having an IP say X..... (this IP X is now being used by another server)..... I have just installed fresh solaris 9 OS on the same server and given new IP say Y. I also configured probe based IPMP with ce0 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing Solaris OS on LDOM SAN Disk

I have viewed a few previous posts regarding this, but none of them quite described or worked with my issue. I am out of local disk space on my LDOM Manager but still have plenty of SAN vCPU and Memory available so I am trying to install a new LDOM OS on SAN. I have exposed the SAN to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS LDOM problem on Solaris 10

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.. I have some LDOMs running on a Sparc server. I copied the disk0 file from one chassis over to another, stopped the ldom on the source system and started it on the 2nd one. All fine. Shut it down and flipped back. We then did a fair bit of work on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyq
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How can I install Solaris 10 on an LDom using an iso?

Hello, I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a newly created LDom. Here are the commands I ran to create the LDom: ldm add-domain ldg2 ldm add-vcpu 8 ldg2 ldm add-memory 2g ldg2 ldm add-vnet vnet2 primary-vsw0 ldg2 ldm add-vdsdev /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA01535E20Cd0s0 vol2@primary-vds0 ldm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Virtual Switch in Solaris LDOM

Hi, Our existing environment is having primary domain and 3 guest domains are running over it. See the attached image. Now we want to add a new primary virtual switch and move LDOM3 to be connected with new primary switch. So, I am not sure how to achieve this because. If I remove the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Ldom guest volumen problem t8 Solaris 11

hello to everyone. im new member here. i have a problem with a guest ldom on solaris 11 sparc in a T8. I need to access to disk vds assigned to guest domain but from control domain. I want to modify a parameter in inittab of the guest domain because start guest domain give me problems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liam_
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 LDOM guest network not working

I'm really stuck here. I've created an LDOM on a SPARC T4-1 with Solaris 11.4 to run a copy of Linux for SPARC. I got the Linux ISO installed and Linux itself installed and booted OK. The only thing is is that there's no networking available in the Linux guest. This question is basically the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
ARP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ARP(4)

NAME
arp -- Address Resolution Protocol SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device ether DESCRIPTION
The Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) is a protocol used to dynamically map between Internet host addresses and 10Mb/s Ethernet addresses. It is used by all the 10Mb/s Ethernet interface drivers. It is not specific to Internet protocols or to 10Mb/s Ethernet, but this implemen- tation currently supports only that combination. ARP caches Internet-Ethernet address mappings. When an interface requests a mapping for an address not in the cache, ARP queues the message which requires the mapping and broadcasts a message on the associated network requesting the address mapping. If a response is provided, the new mapping is cached and any pending message is transmitted. ARP will queue at most one packet while waiting for a response to a mapping request; only the most recently ``transmitted'' packet is kept. If the target host does not respond after several requests, the host is con- sidered to be down for a short period (normally 20 seconds), allowing an error to be returned to transmission attempts during this interval. The error is EHOSTDOWN for a non-responding destination host, and EHOSTUNREACH for a non-responding router. The ARP cache is stored in the system routing table as dynamically-created host routes. The route to a directly-attached Ethernet network is installed as a ``cloning'' route (one with the RTF_CLONING flag set), causing routes to individual hosts on that network to be created on demand. These routes time out periodically (normally 20 minutes after validated; entries are not validated when not in use). An entry for a host which is not responding is a ``reject'' route (one with the RTF_REJECT flag set). ARP entries may be added, deleted or changed with the arp(8) utility. Manually-added entries may be temporary or permanent, and may be ``published'', in which case the system will respond to ARP requests for that host as if it were the target of the request. In the past, ARP was used to negotiate the use of a trailer encapsulation. This is no longer supported. ARP watches passively for hosts impersonating the local host (i.e. a host which responds to an ARP mapping request for the local host's address). DIAGNOSTICS
duplicate IP address %x!! sent from ethernet address: %x:%x:%x:%x:%x:%x. ARP has discovered another host on the local network which responds to mapping requests for its own Internet address with a different Ethernet address, generally indicating that two hosts are attempting to use the same Internet address. SEE ALSO
inet(4), route(4), arp(8), ifconfig(8), route(8) Plummer, D., "RFC826", An Ethernet Address Resolution Protocol. Leffler, S.J. and Karels, M.J., "RFC893", Trailer Encapsulations. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 18, 1994 4th Berkeley Distribution