Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris LDOM IP conflict
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris LDOM IP conflict Post 303043642 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 10:33:57 PM
Old 02-02-2020
You might considering flushing your ARP cache(s), or simply waiting until the ARP entries to timeout.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing Solaris into LDom using DVD

Hi, I have issues installing Solaris into a LDom using a Solaris10u5/08 DVD. I have been troubleshooting for the past 2 days and I still cannot get it up. Here is the logs: root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdsdev /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc/s0 cdrom0@primary-vds0 root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdisk cdrom0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolasutra
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 IP conflict

Hi Gurus I am in a strange situation. I have a SUN sparc server . The server was having an IP say X..... (this IP X is now being used by another server)..... I have just installed fresh solaris 9 OS on the same server and given new IP say Y. I also configured probe based IPMP with ce0 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing Solaris OS on LDOM SAN Disk

I have viewed a few previous posts regarding this, but none of them quite described or worked with my issue. I am out of local disk space on my LDOM Manager but still have plenty of SAN vCPU and Memory available so I am trying to install a new LDOM OS on SAN. I have exposed the SAN to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS LDOM problem on Solaris 10

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.. I have some LDOMs running on a Sparc server. I copied the disk0 file from one chassis over to another, stopped the ldom on the source system and started it on the 2nd one. All fine. Shut it down and flipped back. We then did a fair bit of work on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyq
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How can I install Solaris 10 on an LDom using an iso?

Hello, I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a newly created LDom. Here are the commands I ran to create the LDom: ldm add-domain ldg2 ldm add-vcpu 8 ldg2 ldm add-memory 2g ldg2 ldm add-vnet vnet2 primary-vsw0 ldg2 ldm add-vdsdev /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA01535E20Cd0s0 vol2@primary-vds0 ldm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Virtual Switch in Solaris LDOM

Hi, Our existing environment is having primary domain and 3 guest domains are running over it. See the attached image. Now we want to add a new primary virtual switch and move LDOM3 to be connected with new primary switch. So, I am not sure how to achieve this because. If I remove the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Ldom guest volumen problem t8 Solaris 11

hello to everyone. im new member here. i have a problem with a guest ldom on solaris 11 sparc in a T8. I need to access to disk vds assigned to guest domain but from control domain. I want to modify a parameter in inittab of the guest domain because start guest domain give me problems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liam_
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 LDOM guest network not working

I'm really stuck here. I've created an LDOM on a SPARC T4-1 with Solaris 11.4 to run a copy of Linux for SPARC. I got the Linux ISO installed and Linux itself installed and booted OK. The only thing is is that there's no networking available in the Linux guest. This question is basically the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
arp(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   arp(1M)

NAME
arp - address resolution display and control SYNOPSIS
arp hostname arp -a [-n] arp -d hostname arp -f filename arp -s hostname ether_address [temp] [pub] [trail] DESCRIPTION
The arp program displays and modifies the Internet-to-MAC address translation tables used by the address resolution protocol (see arp(7P)). With no flags, the program displays the current ARP entry for hostname. The host may be specified by name or by number, using Internet dot notation. OPTIONS
-a Display all of the current ARP entries. The definition for the flags in the table are: M Mapping; only used for the multicast entry for 224.0.0.0 P Publish; includes IP address for the machine and the addresses that have explicitly been added by the -s option. ARP will respond to ARP requests for this address. S Static; not learned for the ARP protocol. U Unresolved; waiting for ARP response. You can use the -n option with the -a option to disable the automatic numeric IP address-to-name translation. Use arp -an or arp -na to display numeric IP addresses. -d Delete an entry for the host called hostname. This option may only be used by the super-user. -f Read the file named filename and set multiple entries in the ARP tables. Entries in the file should be of the form: hostname MACaddress [temp] [pub] [trail] See the -s option for argument definitions. -s Create an ARP entry for the host called hostname with the MAC address MACaddress. For example, an Ethernet address is given as six hexadecimal bytes separated by colons. The entry will be permanent unless the word temp is given in the command. If the word pub is given, the entry will be published. For instance, this system will respond to ARP requests for hostname even though the hostname is not its own. The word trail indicates that trailer encapsulations may be sent to this host. arp -s can be used for a limited form of proxy ARP when a host on one of the directly attached networks is not physically present on the subnet. Another machine can then be configured to respond to ARP requests using arp -s. This is useful in certain SLIP configurations. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), arp(7P), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Mar 2003 arp(1M)