Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Problem with getting awk to multiply a field by a value set based on condition of another field Post 303043638 by RudiC on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 04:02:12 PM
Old 02-02-2020
No, it stores it like
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR {WEIGHT[$1] = $3; next} END {for (w in WEIGHT) print "WEIGHT[\"" w "\"] =", WEIGHT[w]}' file1
WEIGHT["Lab"] = 0.30
WEIGHT["Homework"] = 0.10
WEIGHT["Survey"] = 0.05
WEIGHT["Quiz"] = 0.40
WEIGHT["Final"] = 0.15

You use each line's $2 immediately as index in the WEIGHT array.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find top N values for field X based on field Y's value

I want to find the top N entries for a certain field based on the values of another field. For example if N=3, we want the 3 best values for each entry: Entry1 ||| 100 Entry1 ||| 95 Entry1 ||| 30 Entry1 ||| 80 Entry1 ||| 50 Entry2 ||| 40 Entry2 ||| 20 Entry2 ||| 10 Entry2 ||| 50... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Summing a field based on another field

So, I need to do some summing. I have an Apache log file with the following as a typical line: 127.0.0.1 - frank "GET /apache_pb.gif HTTP/1.0" 200 2326 Now, what I'd like to do is a per-minute sum. So, I can have awk tell me the individual minutes, preserving the dates(since this is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a field in a file based on condition

Hi i am new to scripting. i have a file file.dat with content as : CONTENT_STORAGE PERCENTAGE FLAG: /storage_01 64% 0 /storage_02 17% 1 I need to update the value of FLAG for a particular CONTENT_STORAGE value I have written the following code #!/bin/sh threshold=20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kichu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Awk finding and replacing a field based on a condition

Hi everybody, I'm trying to replace the $98 field with "T" if the last field (108th) is T I've tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"} {if ($108=="T")sub($98,"T"); print}' test.txt but that doesn't do anything also tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"}{ /*T.$/ sub($98,"T")} { print}' test.txt but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jghi123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count condition in field

I am trying to confirm the counts from another code and tried the below awk, but the syntax is incorrect. Basically, outputting the counts of each condition in $8. Thank you :) awk '$8==/TYPE=snp/ /TYPE=ins/ /TYPE=del/ {count++} END{print count}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value in field based on another field

In the tab-delimeted input file below I am trying to use awk to update the value in $2 if TYPE=ins in bold, by adding the value of HRUN= in italics. In the below since in line 1 TYPE=ins the 117282541 value in $2 has 6 added because that is the value of HRUN=. Hopefully the awk is a start but I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to adjust coordinates in field based on sequential numbers in another field

I am trying to output a tab-delimited result that uses the data from a tab-delimited file to combine and subtract specific lines. If $4 matches in each line then the first matching sequential $6 value is added to $2, unless the value is 1, then the original $2 is used (like in the case of line... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field based on a specific set of rules

In the perl below, which does execute, I am having trouble with the else in Rule 3. The digit in f{8} is extracted and used to update f accordinly along with the value in f. There can be either - * or + before the number that is extracted but the same logic applies, that is if the value is greater... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change contents of field based on condition in same file

In the awk below I am trying to copy the entire contents of $6 there may be multiple values seperated by a ;, to $8, if $8 is . (lines 1 and 3 are examples). If that condition $8 is not . (line2 is an example) then that line is skipped and printed as is. The awk does execute but prints the output... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change the field color based on condition in email

Request your help to change the field color based on condition , if it is otherthan 0. using html in unix. Here is my condition for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) { print "<td> "$i"</td> } Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, output, and code segments. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CatchMe
17 Replies
ENFUSE(1)							   User Commands							 ENFUSE(1)

NAME
enfuse - poor man's HDR SYNOPSIS
enfuse [options] [--output=IMAGE] INPUT... DESCRIPTION
Fuse INPUT images into a single IMAGE. INPUT... are image filenames or response filenames. Response filenames start with an "@" character. Common options: -V, --version output version information and exit -h, --help print this help message and exit -l, --levels=LEVELS number of blending LEVELS to use (1 to 29); negative number of LEVELS decreases maximum -o, --output=FILE write output to FILE; default: "a.tif" -v, --verbose[=LEVEL] verbosely report progress; repeat to increase verbosity or directly set to LEVEL -w, --wrap[=MODE] wrap around image boundary, where MODE is NONE, HORIZONTAL, VERTICAL, or BOTH; default: none; --compression=COMPRESSION set compression of output image to COMPRESSION, where COMPRESSION is: NONE, PACKBITS, LZW, DEFLATE for TIFF files and 0 to 100 for JPEG files Extended options: -b BLOCKSIZE image cache BLOCKSIZE in kilobytes; default: 2048KB -c use CIECAM02 to blend colors -d, --depth=DEPTH set the number of bits per channel of the output image, where DEPTH is 8, 16, 32, r32, or r64 -g associated-alpha hack for Gimp (before version 2) and Cinepaint -f WIDTHxHEIGHT[+xXOFFSET+yYOFFSET] manually set the size and position of the output image; useful for cropped and shifted input TIFF images, such as those produced by Nona -m CACHESIZE set image CACHESIZE in megabytes; default: 1024MB Fusion options: --exposure-weight=WEIGHT weight given to well-exposed pixels (0 <= WEIGHT <= 1); default: 1 --saturation-weight=WEIGHT weight given to highly-saturated pixels (0 <= WEIGHT <= 1); default: 0.2 --contrast-weight=WEIGHT weight given to pixels in high-contrast neighborhoods (0 <= WEIGHT <= 1); default: 0 --entropy-weight=WEIGHT weight given to pixels in high entropy neighborhoods (0 <= WEIGHT <= 1); default: 0 --exposure-mu=MEAN center also known as MEAN of Gaussian weighting function (0 <= MEAN <= 1); default: 0.5 --exposure-sigma=SIGMA standard deviation of Gaussian weighting function (SIGMA > 0); default: 0.2 --soft-mask average over all masks; this is the default --hard-mask force hard blend masks and no averaging on finest scale; this is especially useful for focus stacks with thin and high contrast fea- tures, but leads to increased noise Expert options: --contrast-window-size=SIZE set window SIZE for local-contrast analysis (SIZE >= 3); default: 5 --gray-projector=OPERATOR apply gray-scale projection OPERATOR in exposure or contrast weighing, where OPERATOR is one of "average", "l-star", "lightness", "value", "luminance", or "channel-mixer:RED-WEIGHT:GREEN-WEIGHT:BLUE-WEIGHT"; default: "average" --contrast-edge-scale=EDGESCALE[:LCESCALE[:LCEFACTOR]] set scale on which to look for edges; positive LCESCALE switches on local contrast enhancement by LCEFACTOR (EDGESCALE, LCESCALE, LCEFACTOR >= 0); append "%" to LCESCALE for values relative to EDGESCALE; append "%" to LCEFACTOR for relative value; defaults: 0:0:0 --contrast-min-curvature=CURVATURE minimum CURVATURE for an edge to qualify; append "%" for relative values; default: 0 --entropy-window-size=SIZE set window SIZE for local entropy analysis (SIZE >= 3); default: 3 --entropy-cutoff=LOWERCUTOFF[:UPPERCUTOFF] LOWERCUTOFF is the value below of which pixels are treated as black and UPPERCUTOFF is the value above of which pixels are treated as white in the entropy weighting; append "%" signs for relative values; default: 0%:100% --save-masks[=SOFT-TEMPLATE[:HARD-TEMPLATE]] save weight masks in SOFT-TEMPLATE and HARD-TEMPLATE; conversion chars: %i: mask index, %n: mask number, %p: full path, %d: dirname, %b: basename, %f: filename, %e: extension; lowercase characters refer to input images uppercase to the output image; default: "soft- mask-%n.tif":"hardmask-%n.tif" AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Mihal and others. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/enblend/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2009 Andrew Mihal. License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for enfuse is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and enfuse programs are properly installed at your site, the command info enfuse should give you access to the complete manual. enfuse 4.0-753b534c819d April 2012 ENFUSE(1)