Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Problem with getting awk to multiply a field by a value set based on condition of another field Post 303043630 by cotilloe on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 02:38:01 PM
Old 02-02-2020
Ahh!! Thanks for that info. It explains why I get the repeated output headers then. Also, I did not realize that about the END statement. I understood it as you do not perform anything in BEGIN, but never knew that calcs and stuff should be done before END.

My biggest issue is that I am not sure of how to take an associative array and have another array stored within it. Basically I need to have it be Student_Name[Assignment_Category{Assignment Scores] where it would look like this:

Steve
Lab --- Homework ----- Quiz ---- Final ----Survey
44 ---------- 98 ---------- 78 -------- 88 ------- 5
66 --------- 100 ---------- 85
77 ---------- 88 ---------- 92
86 ---------- 77 ---------- 77

So then I have all of Steve's assignments and their grades, then i can multiply each of the grades by the appropriate weight

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find top N values for field X based on field Y's value

I want to find the top N entries for a certain field based on the values of another field. For example if N=3, we want the 3 best values for each entry: Entry1 ||| 100 Entry1 ||| 95 Entry1 ||| 30 Entry1 ||| 80 Entry1 ||| 50 Entry2 ||| 40 Entry2 ||| 20 Entry2 ||| 10 Entry2 ||| 50... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Summing a field based on another field

So, I need to do some summing. I have an Apache log file with the following as a typical line: 127.0.0.1 - frank "GET /apache_pb.gif HTTP/1.0" 200 2326 Now, what I'd like to do is a per-minute sum. So, I can have awk tell me the individual minutes, preserving the dates(since this is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a field in a file based on condition

Hi i am new to scripting. i have a file file.dat with content as : CONTENT_STORAGE PERCENTAGE FLAG: /storage_01 64% 0 /storage_02 17% 1 I need to update the value of FLAG for a particular CONTENT_STORAGE value I have written the following code #!/bin/sh threshold=20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kichu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Awk finding and replacing a field based on a condition

Hi everybody, I'm trying to replace the $98 field with "T" if the last field (108th) is T I've tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"} {if ($108=="T")sub($98,"T"); print}' test.txt but that doesn't do anything also tried awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"}{ /*T.$/ sub($98,"T")} { print}' test.txt but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jghi123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count condition in field

I am trying to confirm the counts from another code and tried the below awk, but the syntax is incorrect. Basically, outputting the counts of each condition in $8. Thank you :) awk '$8==/TYPE=snp/ /TYPE=ins/ /TYPE=del/ {count++} END{print count}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value in field based on another field

In the tab-delimeted input file below I am trying to use awk to update the value in $2 if TYPE=ins in bold, by adding the value of HRUN= in italics. In the below since in line 1 TYPE=ins the 117282541 value in $2 has 6 added because that is the value of HRUN=. Hopefully the awk is a start but I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to adjust coordinates in field based on sequential numbers in another field

I am trying to output a tab-delimited result that uses the data from a tab-delimited file to combine and subtract specific lines. If $4 matches in each line then the first matching sequential $6 value is added to $2, unless the value is 1, then the original $2 is used (like in the case of line... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field based on a specific set of rules

In the perl below, which does execute, I am having trouble with the else in Rule 3. The digit in f{8} is extracted and used to update f accordinly along with the value in f. There can be either - * or + before the number that is extracted but the same logic applies, that is if the value is greater... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change contents of field based on condition in same file

In the awk below I am trying to copy the entire contents of $6 there may be multiple values seperated by a ;, to $8, if $8 is . (lines 1 and 3 are examples). If that condition $8 is not . (line2 is an example) then that line is skipped and printed as is. The awk does execute but prints the output... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change the field color based on condition in email

Request your help to change the field color based on condition , if it is otherthan 0. using html in unix. Here is my condition for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) { print "<td> "$i"</td> } Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, output, and code segments. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CatchMe
17 Replies
OCI_BIND_ARRAY_BY_NAME(3)												 OCI_BIND_ARRAY_BY_NAME(3)

oci_bind_array_by_name - Binds a PHP array to an Oracle PL/SQL array parameter

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_bind_array_by_name (resource $statement, string $name, array &$var_array, int $max_table_length, [int $max_item_length = -1], [int $type = SQLT_AFC]) DESCRIPTION
Binds the PHP array $var_array to the Oracle placeholder $name, which points to an Oracle PL/SQL array. Whether it will be used for input or output will be determined at run-time. PARAMETERS
o $statement - A valid OCI statement identifier. o $name - The Oracle placeholder. o $var_array - An array. o $max_table_length - Sets the maximum length both for incoming and result arrays. o $max_item_length - Sets maximum length for array items. If not specified or equals to -1, oci_bind_array_by_name(3) will find the longest element in the incoming array and will use it as the maximum length. o $type - Should be used to set the type of PL/SQL array items. See list of available types below: o SQLT_NUM - for arrays of NUMBER. o SQLT_INT - for arrays of INTEGER (Note: INTEGER it is actually a synonym for NUMBER(38), but SQLT_NUM type won't work in this case even though they are synonyms). o SQLT_FLT - for arrays of FLOAT. o SQLT_AFC - for arrays of CHAR. o SQLT_CHR - for arrays of VARCHAR2. o SQLT_VCS - for arrays of VARCHAR. o SQLT_AVC - for arrays of CHARZ. o SQLT_STR - for arrays of STRING. o SQLT_LVC - for arrays of LONG VARCHAR. o SQLT_ODT - for arrays of DATE. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_bind_array_by_name(3) example <?php $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); if (!$conn) { $m = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($m['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $create = "CREATE TABLE bind_example(name VARCHAR(20))"; $stid = oci_parse($conn, $create); oci_execute($stid); $create_pkg = " CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE ARRAYBINDPKG1 AS TYPE ARRTYPE IS TABLE OF VARCHAR(20) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; PROCEDURE iobind(c1 IN OUT ARRTYPE); END ARRAYBINDPKG1;"; $stid = oci_parse($conn, $create_pkg); oci_execute($stid); $create_pkg_body = " CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY ARRAYBINDPKG1 AS CURSOR CUR IS SELECT name FROM bind_example; PROCEDURE iobind(c1 IN OUT ARRTYPE) IS BEGIN -- Bulk Insert FORALL i IN INDICES OF c1 INSERT INTO bind_example VALUES (c1(i)); -- Fetch and reverse IF NOT CUR%ISOPEN THEN OPEN CUR; END IF; FOR i IN REVERSE 1..5 LOOP FETCH CUR INTO c1(i); IF CUR%NOTFOUND THEN CLOSE CUR; EXIT; END IF; END LOOP; END iobind; END ARRAYBINDPKG1;"; $stid = oci_parse($conn, $create_pkg_body); oci_execute($stid); $stid = oci_parse($conn, "BEGIN arraybindpkg1.iobind(:c1); END;"); $array = array("one", "two", "three", "four", "five"); oci_bind_array_by_name($stid, ":c1", $array, 5, -1, SQLT_CHR); oci_execute($stid); var_dump($array); ?> PHP Documentation Group OCI_BIND_ARRAY_BY_NAME(3)