Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Finding The Complete SQL statement Using PDFGREP Or Grep Post 303043624 by metallica1973 on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 11:14:07 AM
Old 02-02-2020
Thank you for your response. When I run the one-liner, its doesnt apply the regex and produce the entire SQL statement like:
Code:
SELECT AUD.POLICY_NAME, AUD.AUDIT_OPTION, AUD.AUDIT_OPTION_TYPE
  FROM AUDIT_UNIFIED_POLICIES AUD, AUDIT_UNIFIED_ENABLED_POLICIES ENABLED
  WHERE AUD.POLICY_NAME = ENABLED.POLICY_NAME
  AND AUD.AUDIT_OPTION = 'CREATE TRIGGER'
  AND AUD.AUDIT_OPTION_TYPE = 'STANDARD ACTION'
  AND ENABLED.SUCCESS = 'YES'
  AND ENABLED.FAILURE = 'YES'
  AND ENABLED.ENABLED_OPT = 'BY'
  AND ENABLED.USER_NAME = 'ALL USERS';

Its not honoring the regex:
Code:
select.*\;

So when it was working, it would simply find each line that had the SQL statement as in the above sample,inspect and include each newline until it reached the semicolon. The SQL statements in the PDF doc are not in a single line but broken down into multiple newlines, ending with a semicolon.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please do wrap your samples/codes in CODE TAGS as per forum rules.

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 02-02-2020 at 01:01 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rerun sql statement

Hi, Script that I wrote only run sql query once then exit. But my requirement, I want the query can be execute a couple of time without exiting the script. How could I do it? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killboy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing sql statement from .sh file

Hi, How to execute sql statements from the .sh file ?? Means, when we run .sh file then the sql statements within it should be get executed one by one from the sqlplus With Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read SQL statement in Script

Hi Guys.. need some urgent help... I am stuck in something badly I need to write a script which would read a sql statement (which might be a join/inner join/select/sub select etc. ) I need to read that sql statement ... and in the output I want all the table names and columns (doesn't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to batch pdfjoin based on pdfgrep output

I have a situation in which I'm given a bunch of pdf files which are all single pages with employee ID's on an independent line. I need to collate all of the pages by employee ID. Piecemeal, I can find a particular employee ID by just using pdfgrep. I could also do something like this: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nopposan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issues with sql inside if statement

Hi, I have problem with the following code. My IF block is not executed. And I see "syntax error near unexpected token `)'" error for line "EOF" in the stats_function(). but when I comment the IF block I don't see this error. Kindly help me with this issue. clean_function() {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX variable to SQL statement

The following is my script : #!/bin/bash echo "please give app_instance_id" read app_instance_id echo "id is $app_instance_id" export app_id=app_instance_id sqlplus -s nnviewer/lookup@//nasolora008.enterprisenet.org:1521/LOAD3 @test.sql<<EOF SPOOL /home/tibco/MCH/Data/qa/raak/name.xls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raakeshr
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for finding and killing sql process

hi, iam completely new to scripting. this may sound naive but i have spend lot of time figuring this out. i want to make a script to find number of sql processes running. If the number of processes are more then 200, then pick out process IDs along with query it is executing, which are running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek Suhag
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not search the complete pattern

I am facing a problem while using the grep command in shell script. Actually I have one file (PCF_STARHUB_20130625_1) which contain below records. SH_5.55916.00.00.100029_20130601_0001_NUC.csv.gz|438|3556691115 SH_5.55916.00.00.100029_20130601_0001_Summary.csv.gz|275|3919504621 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit.vedi1988
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using df -g command with awk to get SQL statement

Hi Gurus... good day; currently I trying to run the df -g command with awk to get to convert in SQL statement, but I have some errors; df -g | awk '{print "This is the FileSystem: " $NF, " This is LV: "$1, "This is SIZE: "$2, "This is FREE: " $3, "This is the USED% "$4}' This on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcastibl
3 Replies
vx_emerg_start(1M)														vx_emerg_start(1M)

NAME
vx_emerg_start - start Veritas Volume Manager from recovery media SYNOPSIS
vx_emerg_start [-m] [-r root_daname] hostname DESCRIPTION
The vx_emerg_start utility can be used to start Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) when a system is booted from alternate media, or when a sys- tem has been booted into Maintenance Mode Boot (MMB) mode. This allows a rootable VxVM configuration to be repaired in the event of a cat- astrophic failure. vx_emerg_start verifies that the /etc/vx/volboot file exists, and checks the command-line arguments against the contents of this file. OPTIONS
-m Mounts the root file system contained on the rootvol volume after VxVM has been started. Prior to being mounted, the rootvol volume is started and fsck is run on the root file system. -r root_daname Specifies the disk access name of one of the members of the root disk group that is to be imported. This option can be used to spec- ify the appropriate root disk group when multiple generations of the same root disk group exist on the system under repair. If this option is not specified, the desired root disk group may not be imported if multiple disk groups with the same name exist on the sys- tem, and if one of these disk groups has a more recent timestamp. ARGUMENTS
hostname Specifies the system name (nodename) of the host system being repaired. This name is used to allow the desired root disk group to be imported. It must match the name of the system being repaired, as it is unlikely to be recorded on the recovery media from which you booted the system. NOTES
HP-UX Maintenance Mode Boot (MMB) is intended for recovery from catastrophic failures that have prevented the target machine from booting. If a VxVM root volume is mirrored, only one mirror is active when the system is in MMB mode. Any writes that are made to the root file sys- tem in this mode can corrupt this file system when both mirrors are subsequently configured. The vx_emerg_start script allows VxVM to be started while a system is in MMB mode, and marks the non-boot mirror plexes as stale. This prevents corruption of the root volume or file system by forcing a subsequent recovery from the boot mirror to the non-boot mirrors to take place. USAGE
After VxVM has been started, various recovery options can be performed depending on the nature of the problem. It is recommended that you use the vxprint command to determine the state of the configuration. One common problem is when all the plexes of the root disk are stale as shown in the following sample output from vxprint: v rootvol root DISABLED 393216 - ACTIVE - pl rootvol-01 rootvol DISABLED 393216 - STALE - sd rootdisk01-02 rootvol-01 ENABLED 393216 0 - - pl rootvol-02 rootvol DISABLED 393216 - STALE - pl rootvol-02 rootvol DISABLED 393216 - STALE - sd rootdisk02-02 rootvol-02 ENABLED 393216 0 - - In this case, the volume can usually be repaired by using the vxvol command as shown here: vxvol -g 4.1ROOT -f start rootvol If the volume is mirrored, it is put in read-write-back recovery mode. As the command is run in the foreground, it does not exit until the recovery is complete. It is then recommended that you run fsck on the root file system, and mount it, before attempting to reboot the sys- tem: fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/vx/rdsk/4.1ROOT/rootvol mkdir /tmp_mnt mount -F vxfs /dev/vx/dsk/4.1ROOT/rootvol /tmp_mnt SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), mkdir(1M), mount(1M), vxintro(1M), vxprint(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vx_emerg_start(1M)