Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Using read to assign value to bash variable not working Post 303043607 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 2nd of February 2020 12:46:48 AM
Old 02-02-2020
the first < is a standard input redirection and causes input to the read command to come from a file.

The second part is process substitution witch takes the format of <(list). The value list can be a command or a pipeline of commands which is executed and the output is a file name of a named pipe that contains the output of list.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign value to variable is not working

Hi :) The next script campares two files File1-Line1 vs File2-Line1, File1-Line1 vs File2-Line2... only if line contains "AS-", if LineX is not in File2 writes in aux, but "valor" is allways=1 never changes! :confused: What is wrong? valor changes to 0 before break, after brake is again 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agustincm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Read a config file and Assign to Variable

I have removeConfig file, it contains the dir paths for removing. I need to read line by line and assign to variable. any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and assign each character from the string to a variable

How... can I read input by a user character by cahracter. And assign each character from the string to a variable? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tek-E
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign bash command to variable

Hi I am trying to write a function that needs to be able to assign the last run shell command to a variable. The actual command string itself not the exit code of the command. I am using the bash command recall ability to do this as follows: alias pb='ps | grep ash' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and assign the values to a variable

i have a file in this format curyymm PRVYYMM CDDMmmYY bddMmmyy eddMmmyy --------- ------- ------------ ---------- ----------- 0906 0905 09Jun09 01Jun09 30Jun09 ----------- --------- ------------ ------------ ----------- i need to read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the csv file and assign the values in to variable

I have a csv file with the values seperated by commas.I want to extract these values one by one and assign to a variable using shell script.Any ideas or code? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write script read file and assign it as variable?

Hi all, I want write a csh script which must be able: 1.read a file 2.assign value in file as variable and can i use read in csh script? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash assign string to variable

Hi ,I am trying to assign string to variable ,but it doesn't work Also could you show me different ways to use grep,(I am trying to get the first,second and first column form file,and I am counting the chars) let name=`grep "$id" product | cut -c6-20` (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
25 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a text file and assign the values in the same to a variable in loop

Hi, I have a text file with multiple lines, each having data in the below format <DOB>,<ADDRESS> I have to write a script which reads each line in the text file in loop, assign the values to these variables and do some further processing in it. Using the following code prints the values... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishab00
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do While Loop + Read From File + assign line to a variable

Hello, I am using below code for reading from a file and assigning the values to a variable , but it is loosing the value after the loop , please suggest to retain the value of the variable after the loop , while IFS=: read -r line do set $dsc=$line echo 'printing line variable ' $line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ParthThakkar
1 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml - Wrapper aroud the PAML program baseml SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml; use Bio::AlignIO; my $alignio = Bio::AlignIO->new(-format => 'phylip', -file => 't/data/gf-s85.phylip'); my $aln = $alignio->next_aln; my $bml = Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml->new(); $bml->alignment($aln); my ($rc,$parser) = $bml->run(); while( my $result = $parser->next_result ) { my @otus = $result->get_seqs(); my $MLmatrix = $result->get_MLmatrix(); # 0 and 1 correspond to the 1st and 2nd entry in the @otus array } DESCRIPTION
This is a wrapper around the baseml program of PAML (Phylogenetic Analysis by Maximum Likelihood) package of Ziheng Yang. See http://abacus.gene.ucl.ac.uk/software/paml.html for more information. This module will generate a proper baseml.ctl file and will run the program in a separate temporary directory to avoid creating temp files all over the place and will cleanup after itself.. The values you can feed to the configuration file are documented here. 'noisy' => [ 0..3,9], 'verbose' => [ 0,1,2], # 0:concise, 1:detailed, 2:too much 'runmode' => [0..5], # for runmode # 0: use the provided tree structure(s) in treefile # 1,2: mean heuristic search by star-decomposition alg # 2: starts from star tree while 1 reads a multifurcating # tree from treefile and ties to estimate the best # bifurcating tree # 3: stepwise addition # 4: NNI perturbation with the starting tree # Tree search DOES NOT WORK WELL so estimate a tree # using other programs first 'model' => '0', # for model # 0: JC69 (uncorrected) # 1: K80 (transitions/transversion weighted differently) # 2: F81 # 3: F84 # 4: HKY85 # 5: T92 (Tamura 92) # 6: TN93 (Tajima-Nei) correct for multiple substitutions # 7: REV (aka GTR) # 8: UNREST # 9: REVu #10: UNRESTu # See Yang 1994 JME 39:105-111 # model 8 special case of the REV model # model 9 is special case of unrestricted model # can also supply special rate parameters # so for example (from pamlDOC.pdf # $model = '8 [2 (CT) (AG)]'; # TN93 # $model = '8 [2 (TA AT TG CA CG) (AG)]'; # TN93 # $model = '9 [1 (TC CT AG GA)]; # K80 # $model = '9 [0]'; # JC69 # $model = '9 [11 (TA) (TG) (CT) (CA) (CG) (AT) (AC) (AG) (GT) (GC) (GA)], 'outfile' => 'mlb', 'fix_kappa'=> [0,1], # 0:estimate kappa, 1:fix kappa 'kappa' => '2.5', # initial or fixed kappa 'fix_alpha'=> [1,0], # 0: estimate gamma shape param # 1: fix it at alpha 'alpha' => '0', # initial of fixed alpha # 0: infinity (constant rate) 'Malpha' => [0,1], # different alphas for genes 'fix_rho'=> [1,0], # 0: estimate gamma shape param # 1: fix it at alpha 'rho' => '0', # initial of fixed alpha # 0: infinity (constant rate) 'ncatG' => '5', # number of categories in the dD,AdG, or nparkK models of rates 'nparK' => [0..4], # rate-class models # 1:rk 2:rk&fK # 3:rK&MK(1/K) 4:rK&MK 'nhomo' => [0..4], # 0 & 1: homogeneous, # 2: kappa for brances # 3:N1 4:N2 'getSE' => [0,1], 'RateAncestor' => [1,0,2], # rates (alpha > 0) or # ancestral states 'cleandata' => [1,0], # remove sites with # ambiguity data (1:yes or 0:no) 'fix_blength' => [-1,0,1,2], # 0: ignore, -1: random, # 1: initial, 2: fixed # 'icode' => [ 0..10], # (with RateAncestor=1. #try "GC" in data,model=4,Mgene=4) 'ndata' => [5,1..10], 'clock' => [0..3], # 0: no clock, 1: clock, 2: local clock, 3: CombinedAnalysis 'Small_Diff' => '1e-6', #underflow issues? FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl.org CONTRIBUTORS
Sendu Bala - bix@sendu.me.uk APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ program_name Title : program_name Usage : $obj->program_name() Function: holds the program name Returns: string Args : None program_dir Title : program_dir Usage : ->program_dir() Function: returns the program directory, obtained from ENV variable. Returns: string Args : new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml object Returns : Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml Args : -alignment => the L<Bio::Align::AlignI> object -tree => the L<Bio::Tree::TreeI> object if you want to use runmode 0 or 1 -save_tempfiles => boolean to save the generated tempfiles and NOT cleanup after onesself (default FALSE) run Title : run Usage : $yn->run(); Function: run the Baseml analysis using the default or updated parameters the alignment parameter must have been set Returns : 3 values, $rc = 1 for success, 0 for errors hash reference of the Yang calculated Ka/Ks values this is a set of pairwise observations keyed as sequencenameA->sequencenameB->datatype hash reference same as the previous one except it for the Nei and Gojobori calculated Ka,Ks,omega values Args : optionally, a value appropriate for alignment() and one for tree() NB : Since Baseml doesn't handle spaces in tree node ids, if a tree is in use spaces will be converted to underscores in both the tree node ids and alignment sequence ids. error_string Title : error_string Usage : $obj->error_string($newval) Function: Where the output from the last analysus run is stored. Returns : value of error_string Args : newvalue (optional) alignment Title : alignment Usage : $baseml->alignment($aln); Function: Get/Set the L<Bio::Align::AlignI> object Returns : L<Bio::Align::AlignI> object Args : [optional] L<Bio::Align::AlignI> Comment : We could potentially add support for running directly on a file but we shall keep it simple See also: L<Bio::SimpleAlign> get_parameters Title : get_parameters Usage : my %params = $self->get_parameters(); Function: returns the list of parameters as a hash Returns : associative array keyed on parameter names Args : none set_parameter Title : set_parameter Usage : $baseml->set_parameter($param,$val); Function: Sets a baseml parameter, will be validated against the valid values as set in the %VALIDVALUES class variable. The checks can be ignored if on turns of param checks like this: $baseml->no_param_checks(1) Returns : boolean if set was success, if verbose is set to -1 then no warning will be reported Args : $paramname => name of the parameter $value => value to set the parameter to See also: L<no_param_checks()> set_default_parameters Title : set_default_parameters Usage : $baseml->set_default_parameters(0); Function: (Re)set the default parameters from the defaults (the first value in each array in the %VALIDVALUES class variable) Returns : none Args : boolean: keep existing parameter values NB : using this isn't an especially good idea! You don't need to do anything to end up using default parameters: hence 'default'! Bio::Tools::Run::Wrapper methods no_param_checks Title : no_param_checks Usage : $obj->no_param_checks($newval) Function: Boolean flag as to whether or not we should trust the sanity checks for parameter values Returns : value of no_param_checks Args : newvalue (optional) save_tempfiles Title : save_tempfiles Usage : $obj->save_tempfiles($newval) Function: Returns : value of save_tempfiles Args : newvalue (optional) outfile_name Title : outfile_name Usage : my $outfile = $baseml->outfile_name(); Function: Get/Set the name of the output file for this run (if you wanted to do something special) Returns : string Args : [optional] string to set value to tempdir Title : tempdir Usage : my $tmpdir = $self->tempdir(); Function: Retrieve a temporary directory name (which is created) Returns : string which is the name of the temporary directory Args : none cleanup Title : cleanup Usage : $baseml->cleanup(); Function: Will cleanup the tempdir directory after a PAML run Returns : none Args : none io Title : io Usage : $obj->io($newval) Function: Gets a L<Bio::Root::IO> object Returns : L<Bio::Root::IO> Args : none perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Baseml(3pm)