Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming NodeMCU ESP8266 Blynk SSL Application for Linux Server Load Averages Post 303043596 by Neo on Saturday 1st of February 2020 12:51:33 PM
Old 02-01-2020
Due to problems with the Blynk business model and their pricing structure, I have decided not to use Blynk for any further app development.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Blynk and their, what I consider deceptive, "play to pay" business model; and nor can I recommend their support community.

I also read the Blynk privacy policy and according to their privacy policy, they can provide the "behavioral exhaust" data we generate on the Blynk network to third parties.

This appears to be yet another "surveillance capitalist" -type of business, where they will partner with data miners and other third parties and use our data without our consent for behavioral-analytics.

From Blynk Terms of Use (TOS) policy:

Quote:
By using the [Blynk] Service, you are granting us (and any service providers or Providers used by us) permission to access your account and those messages, data, information, text, graphics, audio, video or other material and content of any kind posted/uploaded/transmitted to or through the Service using your account, to process and submit said material to End Users.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server load (Unix/Linux, Redhat, CPanel)

Hello, I'm facing a big problem with my hosting server (Dual Xeon 2.4GHz), I'm having a load in the CPU usage and the memory (maybe it's related) ALSO mySQL: Server Load 5.34 (2 cpus) (to 22 sometime) Memory Used 68.4 % (to 70% sometime) When I go to 'CPU/Memory/MySQL Usage' I found: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kh@lid
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

linux prog for server space, load etc

Hi all what are the ways by which we can know and generate a report of the space remaining, memory(ram) used and the load on the server over a period of time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arlan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

4. Linux

how to setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux

Hi anyone know how to setup a setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux? i only have 2 server, i don want to buy another just for the load balance... is there a way to do it? Sumemr (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of load averages

`/proc/loadavg` give me three indicators of how much work the system has done during the last 1, 5 & 15 minutes. How can i get a list of load averages that each averaged over the last minute for 10 minutes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navidlog
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Sparc Solaris 10 load averages

our server is running oracle database, it has: load average: 1.77, 1.76, 1.73 using only one cpu. is that too high? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red Hat application server ssl keystore problem

A client is accessing our JBoss server. In the past, we set up a keystore and everything worked fine. That certificat expired and we've installed the new one. Now the client is getting the following error - HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:25:44 GMT Server:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkinney
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX LDAP client authenticate against Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL

Hi folks, How can i configure an AIX LDAP client to authenticate against an Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL? It works like a charm without TLS/SSL. i would like to have SSL encrypted communication for ldap (secldapclntd) and ldapsearch etc. while accepting every kind of certificate/CA.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paco699
6 Replies

9. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266

Here is a rapid prototype app I just put together which might be of interest to some people. Basically, I have parsed the data from a Chinese web site which is tracking the Wuhan coronavirus, and cache that data every minute via a local cron file and make a simple API available to a Blink app. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
nsquery(1)						      General Commands Manual							nsquery(1)

NAME
nsquery - query the Name Service Switch backend libraries SYNOPSIS
lookup_type lookup_query [lookup_policy] DESCRIPTION
is used to find the Name Service that returned the response to a or function call. This application is Name Service Switch aware and fol- lows the lookup policies in The supported lookup_type values are: Used to resolve host name or IP Address lookups. Used to resolve user name or UID lookups. Assumes that a numeric value is a UID. This option is to be obsoleted. Use and instead. Used to resolve user name lookups. Used to resolve UID lookups. Used to resolve group name or GID lookups. Assumes that a numeric value is a GID. This option is to be obsoleted. Use and instead. Used to resolve group name lookups. Used to resolve GID lookups. Used to resolve host name or IP Address lookups. Only IPv6 and IPv4-mapped IPv6 address will be displayed for host name lookups. The lookup_query can either be a host name, IP Address (IPv4 only), user name, user ID, group name, or group ID. The lookup_policy must be a valid lookup policy described in nsswitch.conf(4). If the policy is invalid, the system default policy will be used. The default values for lookup_policy are: dns [NOTFOUND=return] nis [NOTFOUND=return] files files nis files nis dns [NOTFOUND=return] files will display the lookup policy being used, the name of the service being queried, and the result of the query. EXAMPLES
Lookup host hondo using the default hosts lookup policy. Lookup host with ip address 15.204.204.204 using "dns files" as the hosts lookup policy. Lookup user dog using "ldap" as the passwd lookup policy. Lookup user ID 105 using the default passwd lookup policy. Lookup group wayne using group lookup policy "nis [NOTFOUND=RETURN] files". Lookup group 22 using the default group lookup policy. Lookup host rio using "dns" as the ipnodes lookup policy. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Success. Invalid Usage. Unknown Action. No match found in any name services queried. WARNINGS
The and lookup_type values are to be obsoleted. For use or instead. For use or instead. AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
nsswitch.conf(4). nsquery(1)