Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266 Post 303043591 by Neo on Saturday 1st of February 2020 11:14:06 AM
Old 02-01-2020
Update:

According to the network, Blynk has apparently responded to my honest opinion and review of their product and business model by blocking our two apps we are running, but that is OK, I expected as much from the Blynk team.

I woke up this morning and built an app using Blynk to help the good people of China in a national crisis.

Now, at the end of the day, I am very unhappy, 100% of that unhappiness is because of Blynk.

Both my apps are now blocked from the Blynk network because I provided an honest assessment of their business model.

Blocked Wuhan Virus in China App (Blocked By Blynk):

Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266-blocked_blynkjpeg

My mistake in this task was in choosing Blynk for this app. I will not make that mistake again.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function prototype declaration

Hi All, I have the script as below #!bin/bash let k=9 if then echo "Start" Hello echo "End" else echo "failed" fi function Hello() { echo "hello !!!!" } I got the below error : (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
4 Replies

2. Programming

Embarcadero Rapid SQL query for dependency

Team I am using Embarcadero Rapid SQL V8 . When we right click on any procedure/table/view and open the contents. It has dependencies tab, which tell what all are the dependents used . My question is how does this information captured in backend to retrieve the dependency objects in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Major Changes in New UserCP (v0.63) Prototype

Regarding the latest version of the UserCP prototype (version 0.63) I have made a lot of major changes, including Added a "Posts Timeline" table for the recent posts, complimenting the non-table version earlier, which has been moved off the main menu (link at the bottom of the table). Added a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

4. Programming

NodeMCU ESP8266 Blynk SSL Application for Linux Server Load Averages

Here is a useful SSL (HTTPS) application for anyone with a remote Linux server they want to keep an eye on using Blynk and the NodeMCU ESP8266. This little app also works (have tested as well) on the WeMos D1 ESP8266 Arduino board. The NodeMCU setup could not be easier, just find a... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

5. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

6. Programming

A Slightly Better NTP Client for the ESP8266

Was not really happy with the NTP clients for the ESP8266 because, after a few years of game engine programming, I am not a fan of a lot of code and delays in the main loop, so here is a "slightly better NTP client" for the ESP8266. In a nutshell, instead of having a delay in the main loop as a... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
Plack::App::URLMap(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::URLMap(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::URLMap - Map multiple apps in different paths SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::URLMap; my $app1 = sub { ... }; my $app2 = sub { ... }; my $app3 = sub { ... }; my $urlmap = Plack::App::URLMap->new; $urlmap->map("/" => $app1); $urlmap->map("/foo" => $app2); $urlmap->map("http://bar.example.com/" => $app3); my $app = $urlmap->to_app; DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::URLMap is a PSGI application that can dispatch multiple applications based on URL path and hostnames (a.k.a "virtual hosting") and takes care of rewriting "SCRIPT_NAME" and "PATH_INFO" (See "HOW THIS WORKS" for details). This module is inspired by Rack::URLMap. METHODS
map $urlmap->map("/foo" => $app); $urlmap->map("http://bar.example.com/" => $another_app); Maps URL path or an absolute URL to a PSGI application. The match order is sorted by host name length and then path length. URL paths need to match from the beginning and should match completely till the path separator (or the end of the path). For example, if you register the path "/foo", it will match with the request "/foo", "/foo/" or "/foo/bar" but it won't match with "/foox". Mapping URL with host names is also possible, and in that case the URL mapping works like a virtual host. Mappings will nest. If $app is already mapped to "/baz" it will match a request for "/foo/baz" but not "/foo". See "HOW THIS WORKS" for more details. mount Alias for "map". to_app my $handler = $urlmap->to_app; Returns the PSGI application code reference. Note that the Plack::App::URLMap object is callable (by overloading the code dereference), so returning the object itself as a PSGI application should also work. DEBUGGING
You can set the environment variable "PLACK_URLMAP_DEBUG" to see how this application matches with the incoming request host names and paths. HOW THIS WORKS
This application works by fixing "SCRIPT_NAME" and "PATH_INFO" before dispatching the incoming request to the relocated applications. Say you have a Wiki application that takes "/index" and "/page/*" and makes a PSGI application $wiki_app out of it, using one of supported web frameworks, you can put the whole application under "/wiki" by: # MyWikiApp looks at PATH_INFO and handles /index and /page/* my $wiki_app = sub { MyWikiApp->run(@_) }; use Plack::App::URLMap; my $app = Plack::App::URLMap->new; $app->mount("/wiki" => $wiki_app); When a request comes in with "PATH_INFO" set to "/wiki/page/foo", the URLMap application $app strips the "/wiki" part from "PATH_INFO" and appends that to "SCRIPT_NAME". That way, if the $app is mounted under the root (i.e. "SCRIPT_NAME" is "") with standalone web servers like Starman, "SCRIPT_NAME" is now locally set to "/wiki" and "PATH_INFO" is changed to "/page/foo" when $wiki_app gets called. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::Builder perl v5.14.2 2011-06-22 Plack::App::URLMap(3pm)