Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266 Post 303043587 by Neo on Saturday 1st of February 2020 08:18:43 AM
Old 02-01-2020
Update:

I know why Blynk auto-deleted the Blynk app on one of my iPhones. The reason is about "money". Blynk wants our money, as soon as you get beyond a "toy" app with a few data variables. If you build any app of any substance, you will pay for it.

Blynk gives 2000 tiny toy credits for a user to build an app. But that means across all devices on same email account. So because I was running (1) a small six data point service monitoring app and (2) the Wuhan virus stats app with for data points; Blynk synced my two iPhones and deleted the small server monitoring app without warning and without saving the data for the app anywhere.

However, you can avoid having Blynk auto-delete your apps like this by having a different email for each app, LOL.

Amazing! Blynk considers deleting your Blynk app without warning or saving the app before they delete it as "their business model". Lesson Learned!

BEWARE.

My goal was to build a free public service application for those concerned about the looming coronavirus pandemic in China. I learned a lot about Blynk in the process, obviously I cannot build anything more than a "toy app" before Blynk will require coin. I am a bit in shock about this; but then again, what do we expect from corporations these days? They are all in it for the big money, right?!
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function prototype declaration

Hi All, I have the script as below #!bin/bash let k=9 if then echo "Start" Hello echo "End" else echo "failed" fi function Hello() { echo "hello !!!!" } I got the below error : (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
4 Replies

2. Programming

Embarcadero Rapid SQL query for dependency

Team I am using Embarcadero Rapid SQL V8 . When we right click on any procedure/table/view and open the contents. It has dependencies tab, which tell what all are the dependents used . My question is how does this information captured in backend to retrieve the dependency objects in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Major Changes in New UserCP (v0.63) Prototype

Regarding the latest version of the UserCP prototype (version 0.63) I have made a lot of major changes, including Added a "Posts Timeline" table for the recent posts, complimenting the non-table version earlier, which has been moved off the main menu (link at the bottom of the table). Added a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

4. Programming

NodeMCU ESP8266 Blynk SSL Application for Linux Server Load Averages

Here is a useful SSL (HTTPS) application for anyone with a remote Linux server they want to keep an eye on using Blynk and the NodeMCU ESP8266. This little app also works (have tested as well) on the WeMos D1 ESP8266 Arduino board. The NodeMCU setup could not be easier, just find a... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

5. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

6. Programming

A Slightly Better NTP Client for the ESP8266

Was not really happy with the NTP clients for the ESP8266 because, after a few years of game engine programming, I am not a fan of a lot of code and delays in the main loop, so here is a "slightly better NTP client" for the ESP8266. In a nutshell, instead of having a delay in the main loop as a... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
MAILGRAPH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILGRAPH(8)

NAME
mailgraph - daemon which produces graphs of SMTP traffic SYNOPSIS
mailgraph [ options ] DESCRIPTION
mailgraph is a daemon which produces mail statistics RRDtool for Postfix and Sendmail. This stats are stored for generating daily, weekly, monthly and yearly graphs of sent/received/rejected and bounced/viruses/spam mails. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help and exit. -v, --verbose Be verbose about what you do. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -c, --cat Cause the logfile to be only read and not monitored. -l, --logfile file Monitor logfile file instead of /var/log/syslog. -t, --logtype type Set logfile's type (default: syslog). -y, --year Start year of the log file (default: current year). --host=HOST Use only entries for HOST (regexp) in syslog. -d, --daemon Start in the background --daemon-pid=FILE Write PID to FILE instead of /var/run/mailgraph.pid. --daemon-rrd=DIR Write RRDs to DIR instead of /var/lib/mailgraph/. --daemon-log=FILE Write verbose-log to FILE instead of /var/log/mailgraph.log. --ignore-localhost Ignore mail to/from localhost (used for virus scanner). --ignore-host=HOST Ignore mail to/from HOST (used for virus scanner). --no-mail-rrd Do not update the mail rrd. --no-virus-rrd Do not update the virus rrd. --no-greylist-rrd Do not update the greylist rrd. --rrd-name=NAME Use NAME.rrd, NAME_virus.rrd and NAME_greylist.rrd for the rrd files. --rbl-is-spam Count rbl rejects as spam. --virbl-is-virus Count virbl rejects as viruses. SEE ALSO
rrdtool(1), RRDs(3pm) AUTHOR
David Schweikert <dws@ee.ethz.ch> MAILGRAPH(8)