Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.? Post 303043572 by hungryd on Friday 31st of January 2020 04:47:39 PM
Old 01-31-2020
But xmllimit is native on macOS and xmlstarlet is not:
Fink - Package Database - Package xmlstarlet (Command-line XML manipulation tool)

And while I'm open to installing additional tools, @Stomp, my preference - both for speed and convenience - is to use native tools in the OS stack. However, I still owe you some props as I believe I learned about xmllimit from YOU in another post on these boards, so thank ye, sir.

--- Post updated at 02:47 PM ---

But xmllimit is native on macOS and xmlstarlet is not:
Fink - Package Database - Package xmlstarlet (Command-line XML manipulation tool)

And while I'm open to installing additional tools, @Stomp, my preference - both for speed and convenience - is to use native tools in the OS stack. However, I still owe you some props as I believe I learned about xmllimit from YOU in another post on these boards, so thank ye, sir.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to pull a variable out of an xml file...

Hello. I'm new to *ix and am trying to pull a variable or two from an xml document. The document is in the format: <name>7_3(A).mov</name> <description>Some description from a file</description> <updatename>7_3_A.mov</updatename> <updatepath>Dailies Released</updatepath> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renfield
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
Package::New(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Package::New(3pm)

NAME
Package::New - Simple base package from which to inherit SYNOPSIS
package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; #provides new and initialize DESCRIPTION
The Package::New object provides a consistent constructor for objects. I find that I always need these two methods in every package that I build. I plan to use this package as the base for all of my CPAN packages. RECOMMENDATIONS
Sane defaults I recommend that you have sane default for all of your object properties. I recommend using code like this. sub myproperty { my $self=shift; $self->{"myproperty"}=shift if @_; $self->{"myproperty"}="Default Value" unless defined $self->{"myproperty"}; return $self->{"myproperty"}; } use strict and warnings I recommend to always use strict, warnings and our version. package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; use strict; use warnings; our $VERSION='0.01'; Lazy Load where you can I recommend Lazy Loading where you can. sub mymethod { my $self=shift; $self->load unless $self->loaded; return $self->{"mymethod"}; } USAGE
CONSTRUCTOR
new my $obj = Package::New->new(key=>$value, ...); initialize You can override this method in your package if you need to do something after construction. But, lazy loading may be a better option. BUGS
Log on RT and contact the author. SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com provides support services for all Perl applications including this package. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis CPAN ID: MRDVT DavisNetworks.com http://www.DavisNetworks.com/ COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Building Blocks base, parent Other Light Weight Base Objects Similar to Package::New Package::Base, Class::Base, Class::Easy, Object::Tiny Heavy Base Objects - Drink the Kool-Aid Moose, (as well as Moose-alikes Moo, Mouse), Class::Accessor, Class::Accessor::Fast, Class::MethodMaker, Class::Meta Even more Spiffy, mixin, SUPER, Class::Trait, Class::C3, Moose::Role perl v5.14.2 2011-12-03 Package::New(3pm)