Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Samba compile issue on Solaris 9 Post 303043555 by MadeInGermany on Friday 31st of January 2020 11:28:46 AM
Old 01-31-2020
Do you have a 32-bit or 64-bit gcc?
It might be easier to use a 64-bit gcc and produce a 64-bit Samba.
Please read
Code:
man lfcompile
man lfcompile64

-static is a linker option, comes after the compile phase. I usually do not recommend it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libnet does not compile on Solaris 9

Hi I'm trying to compile libnet in Solaris 9, but it seems to have syntax errors. I got it from www.packetfactory.net/libnet/ which is the address the computer suggested me to download it. I downloaded the 1.1.2.1 version which is supposed to be stable Anybody knows if the code has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Compile Scilab 5.0.2 on Solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to build scilab 5.0.2 on a Solaris 9 Sparc After more than one hour of compiling, this error msg appear, what could be the problem? if you need any more info i'm here. Thanks for your help. Error msg :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Samba 3.5.4 compile error

Hello! I am trying install samba 3.5.4. and following this instruction from the source package. So, there are my steps: 1 cd ../samba-3.5.4/source3 2 ./configure (without any arguments) and when i run make it returns error .................................................... Compiling... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhum
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Apache 2.2.17 compile issue.

Hi, I am using RedHat Linux 5.3 64bit OS.. When i try to compile apache 2.2.17. during the make install i am getting the below error. Appreciate your help. rsync: link_stat "/Application/softwares/softwares/httpd-2.2.15/docs/manual/." failed: Permission denied (13) rsync: cannot stat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
4 Replies

5. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Samba installation issue

hey, i am trying to install a new samba server using the source package in my redhat machine.i am using samba 3.6.4 version.actually i am not able to find out the smb.conf file in there.can anyone give me any idea about where to look for this configuration file?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: htshshrm2
3 Replies

7. Linux

Fortran compile issue

I was given this program to work with and it was supposed to be simple for someone like me who knows nothing of Fortran or Unix. It comes with a makefile, so all I have to do is use the make command, then type ./blub to execute the program. A list of data should then appear in the fort.51 file. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arjani
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba authentication issue

Hi guys we have a running samba server and it works ok, issue came when our windows samba clients were upgraded to win7... some users cant login and some needs to enter their password 7x before they can login. the net advise to set NTLVMv2 on the win7 security options it works on the users who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Samba authentication issue

Hi guys we have a running samba server and it works ok, issue came when our windows samba clients were upgraded to win7... some users cant login and some needs to enter their password 7x before they can login. the net advise to set NTLVMv2 on the win7 security options it works on the users who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Compile samba with krb5

./configure --prefix=/opt/samba --libdir=/opt/samba/lib --bindir=/opt/samba/bin --sbindir=/opt/samba/sbin --mandir=/opt/samba/man --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/samba --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba/locks --with-privatedir=/etc/opt/samba/private ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
lfcompile64(5)                                          Standards, Environments, and Macros                                         lfcompile64(5)

NAME
lfcompile64 - transitional compilation environment DESCRIPTION
All 64-bit applications can manipulate large files by default. The transitional interfaces described on this page can be used by 32-bit and 64-bit applications to manipulate large files. In the transitional compilation environment, explicit 64-bit functions, structures, and types are added to the API. Compiling in this environment allows both 32-bit and 64-bit applications to access files whose size is greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). The transitional compilation environment exports all the explicit 64-bit functions (xxx64()) and types in addition to all the regular func- tions (xxx()) and types. Both xxx() and xxx64() functions are available to the program source. A 32-bit application must use the xxx64() functions in order to access large files. See the lf64(5) manual page for a complete listing of the 64-bit transitional interfaces. The transitional compilation environment differs from the large file compilation environment, wherein the underlying interfaces are bound to 64-bit functions, structures, and types. An application compiled in the large file compilation environment is able to use the xxx() source interfaces to access both large and small files, rather than having to explicitly utilize the transitional xxx64() interface calls to access large files. See the lfcompile(5) manual page for more information regarding the large file compilation environment. Applications may combine objects produced in the large file compilation environment with objects produced in the transitional compilation environment, but must be careful with respect to interoperability between those objects. Applications should not declare global variables of types whose sizes change between compilation environments. For applications that do not wish to conform to the POSIX or X/Open specifications, the 64-bit transitional interfaces are available by default. No compile-time flags need to be set. Access to Additional Large File Interfaces Applications that wish to access the transitional interfaces as well as the POSIX or X/Open specification-conforming interfaces should use the following compilation methods and set whichever feature test macros are appropriate to obtain the desired environment (see stan- dards(5)). o Set the compile-time flag _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE to 1 before including any headers. o Use the getconf(1) command with one or more of the following arguments: +------------------+----------------------------------------+ | argument | purpose | |LFS64_CFLAGS | obtain compilation flags necessary to | | | enable the transitional compilation | | | environment | |LFS64_LDFLAGS | obtain link editor options | |LFS64_LIBS | obtain link library names | |LFS64_LINTFLAGS | obtain lint options | +------------------+----------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
In the following examples, the transitional compilation environment is accessed by invoking the getconf utility with one of the arguments listed in the table above. The additional large file interfaces are accessed either by specifying -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE or by invoking the getconf utility with the arguments listed above. The example that uses the form of command substitution specifying the command within parentheses preceded by a dollar sign can be executed only in a POSIX-conforming shell such as the Korn Shell (see ksh(1)). In a shell that is not POSIX-conforming, such as the Bourne Shell (see sh(1)) and the C Shell (see csh(1)), the command must be enclosed within grave accent marks. Example 1: An example of compiling a program using transitional interfaces such as lseek64() and fopen64(): $ c89 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE $(getconf LFS64_CFLAGS) a.c $(getconf LFS64_LDFLAGS) $(getconf LFS64_LIBS) Example 2: An example of running lint on a program using transitional interfaces: % lint -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE `getconf LFS64_LINTFLAGS` ... `getconf LFS64_LIBS` SEE ALSO
getconf(1), lseek(2), fopen(3C), lf64(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 26 Jan 1998 lfcompile64(5)