Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Samba compile issue on Solaris 9 Post 303043555 by MadeInGermany on Friday 31st of January 2020 11:28:46 AM
Old 01-31-2020
Do you have a 32-bit or 64-bit gcc?
It might be easier to use a 64-bit gcc and produce a 64-bit Samba.
Please read
Code:
man lfcompile
man lfcompile64

-static is a linker option, comes after the compile phase. I usually do not recommend it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libnet does not compile on Solaris 9

Hi I'm trying to compile libnet in Solaris 9, but it seems to have syntax errors. I got it from www.packetfactory.net/libnet/ which is the address the computer suggested me to download it. I downloaded the 1.1.2.1 version which is supposed to be stable Anybody knows if the code has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Compile Scilab 5.0.2 on Solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to build scilab 5.0.2 on a Solaris 9 Sparc After more than one hour of compiling, this error msg appear, what could be the problem? if you need any more info i'm here. Thanks for your help. Error msg :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Samba 3.5.4 compile error

Hello! I am trying install samba 3.5.4. and following this instruction from the source package. So, there are my steps: 1 cd ../samba-3.5.4/source3 2 ./configure (without any arguments) and when i run make it returns error .................................................... Compiling... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhum
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Apache 2.2.17 compile issue.

Hi, I am using RedHat Linux 5.3 64bit OS.. When i try to compile apache 2.2.17. during the make install i am getting the below error. Appreciate your help. rsync: link_stat "/Application/softwares/softwares/httpd-2.2.15/docs/manual/." failed: Permission denied (13) rsync: cannot stat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
4 Replies

5. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Samba installation issue

hey, i am trying to install a new samba server using the source package in my redhat machine.i am using samba 3.6.4 version.actually i am not able to find out the smb.conf file in there.can anyone give me any idea about where to look for this configuration file?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: htshshrm2
3 Replies

7. Linux

Fortran compile issue

I was given this program to work with and it was supposed to be simple for someone like me who knows nothing of Fortran or Unix. It comes with a makefile, so all I have to do is use the make command, then type ./blub to execute the program. A list of data should then appear in the fort.51 file. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arjani
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba authentication issue

Hi guys we have a running samba server and it works ok, issue came when our windows samba clients were upgraded to win7... some users cant login and some needs to enter their password 7x before they can login. the net advise to set NTLVMv2 on the win7 security options it works on the users who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Samba authentication issue

Hi guys we have a running samba server and it works ok, issue came when our windows samba clients were upgraded to win7... some users cant login and some needs to enter their password 7x before they can login. the net advise to set NTLVMv2 on the win7 security options it works on the users who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Compile samba with krb5

./configure --prefix=/opt/samba --libdir=/opt/samba/lib --bindir=/opt/samba/bin --sbindir=/opt/samba/sbin --mandir=/opt/samba/man --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/samba --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba/locks --with-privatedir=/etc/opt/samba/private ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
sdl-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     sdl-config(1)

NAME
sdl-config - script to get information about the installed version of SDL SYNOPSIS
sdl-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs | --library-libs | --plugin-libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
sdl-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams, libraries, and plugins that use SDL. It is also used internally by the m4 macros that are included with SDL. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses SDL. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that SDL was build with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library- libs, and --plugin-libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses SDL. --static-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a program that uses SDL. --library-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a library that uses SDL. (This excludes any static objects required for linking, since these must be linked only by executable programs.) --plugin-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an SDL-using object that is to be accessed via dlopen(3). This may include static objects with PIC symbol information. This option should not be used for ordinary shared libraries or standalone applications. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that SDL was built with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of SDL on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(sdl-config --cflags) main.c is how you might use sdl-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(sdl-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. gcc -o libSDL_nifty-1.2.so.0.0.1 $(sdl --library-libs) read.o write.o munge.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a shared library. gcc -o libnifty_xmms.so $(sdl --plugin-libs) stream.o blit.o deinterlace.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a plugin for use by another program. AUTHOR
The Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) library was written by Sam Lantinga. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. SDL 1.2 2001-12-25 sdl-config(1)