Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Warning! Upgrade to Catalina 10.15.3 Crashes MacPro (2013) - Will Not Boot ! Post 303043507 by Neo on Thursday 30th of January 2020 02:26:46 AM
Old 01-30-2020
Well, just be careful and if anyone feels they must upgrade (there is actually no compelling reason for most people to upgrade), do make a full backup first.

I broke "my own rule" and my last backup was about a week ago, darn it! I lost some files here and there, but nothing critical.

Mine is a MacPro (2013), maybe you will "get lucky" on a MBP, or maybe NOT.

Last edited by hicksd8; 01-30-2020 at 02:12 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad upgrade to 8.10 and ubuntu doesn't boot afterwards.

at the end of October i upgraded the distro to 8.10 at first it seemed fine until i restarted my machine the boot seqence started i logged in after that nothing? tried booting again and the same thing happened did i do something wrong during the upgrade to 8.10 did everything the computer asked me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris live upgrade on Active boot environment

Hi, Is it possible to perform an luupgrade on the active boot environment in Solaris? I want to perform this on BEAlpha - the disk that has BEOmega will be unavailable whilst performing the upgrade but I still want to install the patches using luupgrade. Boot Environment Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 crashes upon boot after TUN driver installed

Hey! I compiled TUN 1.1 driver on my Solaris 10 64bit, and everything was working fine, all the commands for installation were successfull (add_drv, devfsadm -i tun ... etc.) and the driver was working fine as I got OpenVPN server up and running with successful clients attached. My only problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Kernel can not boot after upgrade on Fedora OS 15.

Hello, everyone. I am using Fedora 15, and want to upgrade to version 16. I follow the official link Upgrading Fedora using yum - FedoraProject to upgrade my OS by the following command: yum update kernel* --releasever=16 yum groupupdate Base --releasever=16 reboot After reboot, OS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade firmware of a system that doesn't boot?

any ideas ??????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

12-Core MacPro (2013) kernel_task over 1200%

Yesterday someone asked me to install TeamViewer and share my Mac screen with them while on a conference call. I shut down my Mac before sleeping and woke up to some major problem with my 12-core CPU in hyperdrive, and the system activity monitor showed my Mac kernel_task was at 1,200% and the... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
30 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

DiskSpeedTest 256GB OEM v. 960GB Transcend 855 SSD MacPro 2013, 12-Core, 64GB RAM

Before Upgrade: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums177-picture1220.png After Upgrade: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums177-picture1221.png (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15 Catalina Crashes and Freezes on Boot

Sadly, I have turned off my access to the Apple Developers Beta program after installing macOS 10.15 Catalina a few days ago. After the install, I rebooted by MacBook Air and it "hard froze" and we were heading out of town so I grabbed a backup MBA running Mojave. Then, after getting back at... (10 Replies)
10 Replies