Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX script error message
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX script error message Post 303043424 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 28th of January 2020 11:44:42 AM
Old 01-28-2020
Perhaps the SPOOL command will only write to a new file and refuse to append or overwrite an existing one.

Do you get any messages if you remove the SET FEEDBACK OFF and try it again with the file existing?

I hope that this helps.
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error Message in unix

Hi all......I'm sorry if my english is not that good. Can somebody help me to about this error. I found it in message.log Jan 16 18:22:42 ASM imapd: get_balanced_partition: -- chosen Jan 16 18:22:50 ASM SUNW,UltraSPARC-III+: NOTICE: Corrected system bus (CE) Event detected by CPU1 at TL=0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while executing the shell script

Hi All, When I am trying to execute the below shell script I got this error message. script ========== #!/bin/bash /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_10/bin/java - classpath /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar/: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/jarfiles:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyaduwanshi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Self referencing script error message

Hello again all. I have a user editable script that I'd like to have point out the user error to. Problem is I'm having troubles getting an echoed error message to give me the line. Here's what I'm trying to do. grep -n $loc /this/script.sh where '$loc' is the argument passed to the script.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing error message back to script

I have one script that calls another script during execution. The other script does some processing, then either returns with exit 0 (if successful), or exits with error code numbers (if failed). However, in addition to the error code, I would like for that second script to be able to pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deliver an error message from script?

Hi I have a script that pick up a file on another server, and place it on a solaris server, but I came across the following error: mget HLR01_21092014? 200 Port command successful 150 Opening data channel for file transfer. HLR01_21092014: No space left on device 426 Connection closed;... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while openning the xls file generated by UNIX

Hi All, I have created a unix script to mail the xls file.This is being done using mailx command fdate=`tail -1 abc.xls | cut -c1-8` SUBJECT="CARD GL Exceptions : ${ENV} for ${fdate}" destname=CARD_GL_Exceptions_$fdate sed 's/#BUSINESS/BUSINESS/1' abc.xls > abc2.xls mv abc2.xls abc.xls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slack message multi line from UNIX script

Hi OS: Redhat Version 7.5 Enterprise Trying to post message from shell script to Slack channel and trying below code: text="$msg" text1="$lmsg" if ] then echo "No text specified" exit 1 fi escapedText=$(echo $text | $text1 | sed 's/"/\"/g' | sed "s/'/\'/g" )... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

Greeting!! I wrote the below script to e-mail me only file names in a specific directory when a file is delayed for some time in a that directory. I am getting unexpected eof error message. I don't want any email if the folder is blank.(if the condition is not met) I am not getting the email at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
4 Replies
GIT-NOTES(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-NOTES(1)

NAME
git-notes - Add/inspect object notes SYNOPSIS
git notes [list [<object>]] git notes add [-f] [-F <file> | -m <msg> | (-c | -C) <object>] [<object>] git notes copy [-f] ( --stdin | <from-object> <to-object> ) git notes append [-F <file> | -m <msg> | (-c | -C) <object>] [<object>] git notes edit [<object>] git notes show [<object>] git notes remove [<object>] git notes prune DESCRIPTION
This command allows you to add/remove notes to/from objects, without changing the objects themselves. A typical use of notes is to extend a commit message without having to change the commit itself. Such commit notes can be shown by git log along with the original commit message. To discern these notes from the message stored in the commit object, the notes are indented like the message, after an unindented line saying "Notes (<refname>):" (or "Notes:" for the default setting). This command always manipulates the notes specified in "core.notesRef" (see git-config(1)), which can be overridden by GIT_NOTES_REF. To change which notes are shown by git-log, see the "notes.displayRef" configuration. See the description of "notes.rewrite.<command>" in git-config(1) for a way of carrying your notes across commands that rewrite commits. SUBCOMMANDS
list List the notes object for a given object. If no object is given, show a list of all note objects and the objects they annotate (in the format "<note object> <annotated object>"). This is the default subcommand if no subcommand is given. add Add notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). Abort if the object already has notes (use -f to overwrite an existing note). copy Copy the notes for the first object onto the second object. Abort if the second object already has notes, or if the first object has none (use -f to overwrite existing notes to the second object). This subcommand is equivalent to: git notes add [-f] -C $(git notes list <from-object>) <to-object> In --stdin mode, take lines in the format .ft C <from-object> SP <to-object> [ SP <rest> ] LF .ft on standard input, and copy the notes from each <from-object> to its corresponding <to-object>. (The optional <rest> is ignored so that the command can read the input given to the post-rewrite hook.) append Append to the notes of an existing object (defaults to HEAD). Creates a new notes object if needed. edit Edit the notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). show Show the notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). remove Remove the notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). This is equivalent to specifying an empty note message to the edit subcommand. prune Remove all notes for non-existing/unreachable objects. OPTIONS
-f, --force When adding notes to an object that already has notes, overwrite the existing notes (instead of aborting). -m <msg>, --message=<msg> Use the given note message (instead of prompting). If multiple -m options are given, their values are concatenated as separate paragraphs. -F <file>, --file=<file> Take the note message from the given file. Use - to read the note message from the standard input. -C <object>, --reuse-message=<object> Reuse the note message from the given note object. -c <object>, --reedit-message=<object> Like -C, but with -c the editor is invoked, so that the user can further edit the note message. --ref <ref> Manipulate the notes tree in <ref>. This overrides both GIT_NOTES_REF and the "core.notesRef" configuration. The ref is taken to be in refs/notes/ if it is not qualified. NOTES
Every notes change creates a new commit at the specified notes ref. You can therefore inspect the history of the notes by invoking, e.g., git log -p notes/commits. Currently the commit message only records which operation triggered the update, and the commit authorship is determined according to the usual rules (see git-commit(1)). These details may change in the future. AUTHOR
Written by Johannes Schindelin <johannes.schindelin@gmx.de[1]> and Johan Herland <johan@herland.net[2]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Johannes Schindelin and Johan Herland GIT
Part of the git(7) suite NOTES
1. johannes.schindelin@gmx.de mailto:johannes.schindelin@gmx.de 2. johan@herland.net mailto:johan@herland.net Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-NOTES(1)