Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server Post 303043415 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of January 2020 10:48:23 AM
Old 01-28-2020
Notes:

AltSoftSerial uses these pins on the Arduino UNO, according to AltSoftSerial_Boards.h (included with the AIS NB-IoT libs):

Code:
// Arduino Uno, Duemilanove, LilyPad, etc
//
#elif defined(__AVR_ATmega168__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega328P__)

#define ALTSS_USE_TIMER1
 #define INPUT_CAPTURE_PIN               8 // receive
 #define OUTPUT_COMPARE_A_PIN            9 // transmit
 #define OUTPUT_COMPARE_B_PIN           10 // unusable PWM

My BLE module sketch (taken from an ArduinoBlue example sketch) uses pins:

Code:
// The bluetooth tx and rx pins must be supported by software serial.
// Visit https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerial for unsupported pins.
// Bluetooth TX -> Arduino D8
const int BLUETOOTH_TX = 8;
// Bluetooth RX -> Arduino D7
const int BLUETOOTH_RX = 7;

So, not yet more more than an Arduino noob, my first guess is that I should move the Arduino UNO pins for the HM-10 BLE module to some supported SoftwareSerial pins which are different than the AltSoftSerial pins (8,9) above.

Seems the conflict is pin 8 being used by both SoftwareSerial (used in the BLE code) and AltSoftSerial (used in the NB-IoT code).

Will try different pins tomorrow and see how far that get me.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux for an internet server to an ISP

I just moved away from a T3 line back to a dial up I just wanted to know would a P200 with 64meg and a 4 gig hard drive be ok for a linux server for an additional 3 pcs all running win98. I will be dialing into an isp using a 56k v90 modem. Any support or help will be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izrailov
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

can i force connecting to local web server via internet network ?

Hello all this is general question , if i have web server installed in my local pc and i have client that connecting to that web server can i force it always to go via the internet network ? the reason im asking is .. that im noticed when i close my internet connection i still can connect to my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Can not access Linux server over the Internet

hi i have linux server connected to internet through a switch/router. i have opened a port on the router and i am able to connect to the server if iptables is off. but when it is on i cant. i want to create a rule in iptables so that it accepts packets coming from a particular datacard. it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
7 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

5. Programming

Arduino Project with NB-IoT (3GPP) and LoRa / LoRaWAN

My favorite projects are always related to the "latest" tech in command and control, networking and network communications. This Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield seems to be the "latest and the greatest" as far as 3G and GPS, as far as I can see so far, but I has it drawbacks for sure.... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Programming

NB-IoT Arduino Shield from AIS (Thailand) First Impressions

Today I received my NB-IoT Arduino Shield for AIS (Thailand). Here is a "pinout" photo of the shield. My shield looks just like the one above, for the most part. I'll post another photo of the actual device later. When I received the shield in the mail, I went immediately to a local... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. Programming

Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino

Normally I have very good experiences buying from AliExpress, but in this case with Elecrow, I'm disappointed. After confirming with Elecrow on AliExpress that their Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino would work with 3G SIM cards in Thailand, I purchased one. My plan was to... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Programming

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)

Here is a sketch to do basic testing for the Arduino UNO and the MLT-BT04. This BLE module works with IOS (iPhone) and I'll add some details on my IOS testing with an iPhone in a follow-up post. For now, here is the basic BLE (HM-10) sketch for the Arduino UNO: /* Arduino test-code... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

10. Hardware

Arduino Robot Tank Project

Normally I'm not into kits, but I thought my wife would enjoy this one since she is a big fan of robots and droids on StarWars! We are done with the basic mechanical assembly and starting on the electronics assembly today. The robot's "brain" consists of three levels. The Arduino board, on... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
LinkComp(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					      LinkComp(3U)

NAME
LinkComp, LinkView, PSLink - component subject, view, and PostScript external representation for lines with connectable endpoints SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Components/link.h> DESCRIPTION
LinkComp is a GraphicComp defining a line with two pins on each end. The line's endpoints will always coincide with the pins, even if they are moved, thereby maintaining a graphical link between the objects to which it is connected. LinkComp uses an Line graphic to define its initial geometry and graphical attributes. LinkView is a GraphicView for displaying the link. PSLink is a PostScriptView that external- izes the subject's information in PostScript form. LINKCOMP PUBLIC OPERATIONS
LinkComp(Line* = nil) The constructor takes an optional line graphic to define its initial appearance. virtual void Interpret(Command*) virtual void Uninterpret(Command*) In addition to (un)interpreting the commands GraphicComp (un)interprets, LinkComp also (un)interprets DeleteCmd and CutCmd by pass- ing these commands to its pins for (un)interpretation. virtual void Update() When the LinkComp's pins move to maintain connectivity, LinkComp will reorient the line so that its endpoints and the pins coincide. virtual void First(Iterator&) virtual void Last(Iterator&) virtual void Next(Iterator&) virtual void Prev(Iterator&) virtual boolean Done(Iterator) GraphicComp* GetComp(Iterator) void SetComp(GraphicComp*, Iterator&) LinkComp redefines GraphicComp's traversal operations to make its pins accessible to the Unidraw library. Thus Unidraw can deter- mine the connectors that belong to the component and call its Update operation only once for efficiency. The traversal does not include the line. Line* GetLine() Return the Line graphic that defines the link's attributes. GetLine is simply a more specific form of the GetGraphic operation. void GetConnectors(Connector*&, Connector*&) Return the LinkView's pins, which are stored in the _conn1 and _conn2 protected members. LINKVIEW PUBLIC OPERATIONS
LinkView(LinkComp* = nil) Create an LinkView, optionally supplying the subject. virtual Manipulator* CreateManipulator( Viewer*, Event&, Transformer*, Tool* ) virtual void InterpretManipulator(Manipulator*) LinkView redefines its response to manipulation with a GraphicCompTool. The user clicks to specify the first endpoint of the link and then drags to position the remaining endpoint. (Up)clicking on an existing connector will establish a connection between it and the LinkComp's first (second) pin. LinkView uses a ConnectManip to produce a gravitational attraction between existing connectors and the second pin as the user drags to position it. The endpoints will not be constrained by gravity. LinkView will use Con- nectCmds to connect the pin(s) to their target(s). Pin(s) connected in this way will receive floating mobility; unconnected pin(s) will be fixed. virtual void First(Iterator&) virtual void Last(Iterator&) virtual void Next(Iterator&) virtual void Prev(Iterator&) virtual boolean Done(Iterator) GraphicView* GetView(Iterator) void SetView(GraphicView*, Iterator&) LinkView redefines GraphicView's traversal operations to make its pins accessible to the Unidraw library. Thus Unidraw can deter- mine the connectors that belong to the component, for example, to support ConnectManip's gravitational attraction effect. virtual void GetEndpoints(Coord&, Coord&, Coord&, Coord&) Return the link's endpoints, in canvas coordinates. LinkComp* GetLinkComp() Return the subject. LINKVIEW PROTECTED OPERATIONS
virtual void CreateHandles() LinkView redefines CreateHandles to use a RubberHandles object with two handles, one at each endpoint of the link. Line* GetLine() Return the line that LinkView draws between its pins. virtual LinkComp* NewSubject(Line*) A helper function that creates a LinkComp subject with the given line graphic. This function produces the proper subject when the GraphicCompTool's manipulator is interpreted. Subclasses can redefine this operation to return a LinkComp subclass, thus eliminat- ing the need to reimplement InterpretManipulator. Manipulator* CreateLinkCompManip( Viewer*, Event&, Transformer*, Tool* ) Command* InterpretLinkCompManip(Manipulator*) Helper functions that CreateManipulator and InterpretManipulator use to create and interpret the manipulator for GraphicCompTool. PSLINK PUBLIC OPERATIONS
PSLink(LinkComp* = nil) Construct a PostScript external representation of the given subject, if any. SEE ALSO
Event(3I), Graphic(3U), GraphicComp(3U), GraphicCompTool(3U), GraphicView(3U), Grid(3U), PinComp(3U), PostScriptView(3U), Transformer(3I), align(3U), edit(3U), manips(3U) Unidraw 22 January 1991 LinkComp(3U)