Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search and delete a row which is delimited by |^ Post 303043378 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 27th of January 2020 04:09:11 AM
Old 01-27-2020
Hello Tuxidow,

Could you please try following.

Code:
awk -F'\\|\\^' '$3==""{next} $4'  Input_file

NOTE: After seeing Rudi sir's comment edited this solution now.

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 01-27-2020 at 05:32 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete last value from pipe delimited file

I have a large(ish) pipe delimited file. The last line of the file contains a total row count and a checksum: END|1537451|1328569446 After making other adjustments to the file, I need to strip out the checksum and apply a new value - I have a script to generate the checksum and 'cat' it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: relentl3ss
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number?

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number? Letś say the row number is r and the column number is c. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete header row and reformat from tab delimited to fixed width

Hello gurus, I have a file in a tab delimited format and a header row. I need a code to delete the header in the file, and convert the file to a fixed width format, with all the columns aligned. Below is a sample of the file:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search column and delete row if greater than value

Hi, as the title states i need to find a way to search a column for values great than 1000, and if it is, then delete that row. An example 1 7.021 6.967 116.019 4 U 6.980E+07 0.000E+00 e 0 0 0 0 2 8.292 7.908 118.063 3 U 1.440E+07 0.000E+00 e 0 821 814 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma delimited row into multiple rows, repeat first value

i am building a database to keep track of unix groups. Using the command "ypcat group" I get an output similar to the following group1:GROUP:9999:user1,user2,user3 groupA:GROUP:1111:usera,userb,userc I want to convert this output so it looks like this group1:user1 group1:user2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a list to a row delimited

Hello, I have a large database with the following structure: set of clustered names followed by a hard return and followed by a second set of clustered names and so on. Sometimes the clusters can be as many as 150. Since the data is in an Indian language, a theoretical example will make this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse tab delimited file, check condition and delete row

I am fairly new to programming and trying to resolve this problem. I have the file like this. CHROM POS REF ALT 10_sample.bam 11_sample.bam 12_sample.bam 13_sample.bam 14_sample.bam 15_sample.bam 16_sample.bam tg93 77 T C T T T T T tg93 79 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk read one delimited file, search another delimited file

Hello folks, I have another doozy. I have two files. The first file has four fields in it. These four fields map to different locations in my second file. What I want to do is read the master file (file 2 - 23 fields) and compare each line against each record in file 1. If I get a match in all four... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search row by row from one file to another file if match is found print few colums of file 2

this is the requirement list.txt table1 table2 table3 testfile.txt name#place#data#select * from table1 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 innerjoin table3 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 output name place table1 name2 place table3 i tried using awk (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsekumar
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to parse current and next row in tab-delimited file

Hi there, I would like to use awk to reformat a tab-delimited file containing three columns as follows: Data file: sample 1 173 sample 269 530 sample 687 733 sample 1699 1779 Desired output file: sample 174..265, 531..686, 734..1698 I need the value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emiley
5 Replies
XkbComputeShapeBounds(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					  XkbComputeShapeBounds(3)

NAME
XkbComputeShapeBounds - Updates the bounding box of a shape SYNOPSIS
Bool XkbComputeShapeBounds ( shape ) XkbShapePtr shape; ARGUMENTS
- shape shape to be examined DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides a number of convenience functions to help use a keyboard geometry. These include functions to return the bounding box of a shape's top surface and to update the bounding box of a shape row or section. A shape is made up of a number of outlines. Each outline is a polygon made up of a number of points. The bounding box of a shape is a rec- tangle that contains all the outlines of that shape. A ShapeRec contains a BoundsRec that describes the bounds of the shape. If you add or delete an outline to or from a shape, the bounding box must be updated. XkbComputeShapeBounds updates the BoundsRec contained in the shape by examining all the outlines of the shape and setting the BoundsRec to the minimum x and minimum y, and maximum x and maximum y values found in those outlines. XkbComputeShapeBounds returns False if shape is NULL or if there are no outlines for the shape; otherwise, it returns True. If you add or delete a key to or from a row, or if you update the shape of one of the keys in that row, you may need to update the bounding box of that row. To update the bounding box of a row, use XkbComputeRowBounds. STRUCTURES
typedef struct _XkbShape { Atom name; /* shape's name */ unsigned short num_outlines; /* number of outlines for the shape */ unsigned short sz_outlines; /* size of the outlines array */ XkbOutlinePtr outlines; /* array of outlines for the shape */ XkbOutlinePtr approx; /* pointer into the array to the approximating outline */ XkbOutlinePtr primary; /* pointer into the array to the primary outline */ XkbBoundsRec bounds; /* bounding box for the shape; encompasses all outlines */ } XkbShapeRec, *XkbShapePtr; typedef struct _XkbBounds { short x1,y1; /* upper left corner of the bounds, in mm/10 */ short x2,y2; /* lower right corner of the bounds, in mm/10 */ } XkbBoundsRec, *XkbBoundsPtr; SEE ALSO
XkbComputeRowBounds(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbComputeShapeBounds(3)