Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC) Post 303043374 by Neo on Monday 27th of January 2020 01:00:07 AM
Old 01-27-2020
Update:

Well, I seem to have been wrong. I thought Blynk was a BLE app, but it's not. From the website:

Quote:
Blynk is a hardware-agnostic IoT platform with white-label mobile apps, private clouds, device management, data analytics, and machine learning.
My experience is that apps which try to be "all things to all platforms" often end of "nothing special for most platforms", so I think I will probably drop the Blynk line of investigation for BLE.

In fact, I may put the HM-10 BLE module back in my "module drawer" and move on to a new Arduino module soon. I have too many Arduino modules to test and my attention span is not very high for module testing, LOL

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)-img_9048jpg

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Semi-Automatic Arduino Detection.

I am working on a semi-auto detection idea for Arduino for the Scope project. It does require a little user intervention but minimal. It works by just responding to two on screen prompts to unplug and plug Arduino into a USB port. There are two versions and both work perfectly well and give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies

2. Programming

Very Basic Arduino Uno Board Testing

A very simple Arduino board test... LOL Here is some very easy code to test a cheap Arduino board I just got from China via Aliexpress. I am still waiting on a about 30 more orders from Aliexpress for more Arduino stuff. This was the first order which made it here. /* Arduino test-code... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
18 Replies

3. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies

5. Programming

Chinese Arduino UNO Clones - The Wavgat versus the generic UNO R3 Clone - The Winner Is?

Waiting for more fun Ardunio parts from AliExpress, I decided to test two cheap Chinese Arduino UNO clones. The Arduino UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P The Wavgat UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P Both of these Chinese Ardunio clones sell for about $3 USD, delivered to your door. The bottom line is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
13 Replies
DEPMOD.CONF(5)															    DEPMOD.CONF(5)

NAME
depmod.conf, depmod.d - Configuration file/directory for depmod DESCRIPTION
The order in which modules are processed by the depmod command can be altered on a global or per-module basis. This is typically useful in cases where built-in kernel modules are complemented by custom built versions of the same and the user wishes to affect the priority of processing in order to override the module version supplied by the kernel. The format of depmod.conf and files under depmod.d is simple: one command per line, with blank lines and lines starting with '#' ignored (useful for adding comments). A '' at the end of a line causes it to continue on the next line, which makes the file a bit neater. COMMANDS
search subdirectory... This allows you to specify the order in which /lib/modules (or other configured module location) subdirectories will be processed by depmod. Directories are listed in order, with the highest priority given to the first listed directory and the lowest priority given to the last directory listed. The special keyword built-in refers to the standard module directories installed by the kernel. By default, depmod will give a higher priority to a directory with the name updates using this built-in search string: "updates built-in" but more complex arrangements are possible and are used in several popular distributions. override modulename kernelversion modulesubdirectory This command allows you to override which version of a specific module will be used when more than one module sharing the same name is processed by the depmod command. It is possible to specify one kernel or all kernels using the * wildcard. modulesubdirectory is the name of the subdirectory under /lib/modules (or other module location) where the target module is installed. For example, it is possible to override the priority of an updated test module called kmod by specifying the following command: "override kmod * extra". This will ensure that any matching module name installed under the extra subdirectory within /lib/modules (or other module location) will take priority over any likenamed module already provided by the kernel. COPYRIGHT
This manual page Copyright 2006-2010, Jon Masters, Red Hat, Inc. SEE ALSO
depmod(8) 2010-03-01 DEPMOD.CONF(5)