Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC) Post 303043374 by Neo on Monday 27th of January 2020 01:00:07 AM
Old 01-27-2020
Update:

Well, I seem to have been wrong. I thought Blynk was a BLE app, but it's not. From the website:

Quote:
Blynk is a hardware-agnostic IoT platform with white-label mobile apps, private clouds, device management, data analytics, and machine learning.
My experience is that apps which try to be "all things to all platforms" often end of "nothing special for most platforms", so I think I will probably drop the Blynk line of investigation for BLE.

In fact, I may put the HM-10 BLE module back in my "module drawer" and move on to a new Arduino module soon. I have too many Arduino modules to test and my attention span is not very high for module testing, LOL

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)-img_9048jpg

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Semi-Automatic Arduino Detection.

I am working on a semi-auto detection idea for Arduino for the Scope project. It does require a little user intervention but minimal. It works by just responding to two on screen prompts to unplug and plug Arduino into a USB port. There are two versions and both work perfectly well and give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies

2. Programming

Very Basic Arduino Uno Board Testing

A very simple Arduino board test... LOL Here is some very easy code to test a cheap Arduino board I just got from China via Aliexpress. I am still waiting on a about 30 more orders from Aliexpress for more Arduino stuff. This was the first order which made it here. /* Arduino test-code... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
18 Replies

3. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies

5. Programming

Chinese Arduino UNO Clones - The Wavgat versus the generic UNO R3 Clone - The Winner Is?

Waiting for more fun Ardunio parts from AliExpress, I decided to test two cheap Chinese Arduino UNO clones. The Arduino UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P The Wavgat UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P Both of these Chinese Ardunio clones sell for about $3 USD, delivered to your door. The bottom line is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
13 Replies
appmgr(8)																 appmgr(8)

NAME
appmgr - Tool to manage applications and platforms SYNOPSIS
appmgr list [--no-versions] appmgr add NAME DESC [--hr=no | --hr=fine | --hr=coarse] [--beta] [--weight=NUM] [--target_nresults=NUM] appmgr delete NAME [--version=VER] [--platform=NAME] [--plan_class=NAME] appmgr update NAME [--hr=no | --hr=fine | --hr=coarse] [--beta | --no-beta] [--weight=NUM] [--target_nresults=NUM] [--user_friendly_name=DESC] [--min_version=VER] [--deprecated | --no-deprecated] appmgr update_appver NAME [--version=VER] [--platform=NAME] [--plan_class=NAME] [--deprecated | --no-deprecated] [--min_core_version=VER] [--max_core_version=VER] appmgr list_platform [--short] appmgr add_platform NAME DESC appmgr delete_platform NAME [--force] appmgr update_platform NAME [--user_friendly_name=DESC] [--deprecated | --no-deprecated] appmgr add_standard_platforms appmgr {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
appmgr is a tool to manage platforms, applications and application versions from the command-line. Note: application refers to data in the app table; application version refers to data in the app_version table and in the file system. COMMANDS
The generic syntax is: appmgr COMMAND [command arguments] Note that command-specific options must came after the command, never before. Here is a short list of the available commands. The follow- ing sections describe the commands in detail. list List the installed applications and application versions. add Add a new application. delete Delete an application or application version. update Update the properties of an application. update_appver Update the properties of an application version. list_platform List the platforms known to the project. add_platform Add a new platform. delete_platform Delete a platform. update_platform Update the properties of a platform. add_standard_platforms Add all standard platforms to the project. LIST List the installed applications and application versions, together with any non-default properties (beta, deprecated, min. core version etc.). If the --no-versions option is specified, then the list of application versions is omitted and just the application definitions are listed. ADD Add a new application. NAME is the short name of the application as used in the file system. DESC is the user-friendly name that is dis- played to users. The following options can also be specified: --hr=no, --hr=fine, --hr=coarse Set the homogeneous redundancy class. no means all hosts are equivalent, fine means fine-grained classification of 80 classes, coarse means coarse classification of 4 classes. --beta Indicate that this is application is in beta testing. Users can select if they are willing to test applications marked as beta in their preferences; see the wiki section "Beta-test applications" about how to enable this on the web interface. --weight=NUM Specify the weight of this application if the feeder is run with the -allapps option. NUM is a floating-point value, the default is 1. --target_nresults=NUM Set the number of replicas when an otherwise unreplicated work unit is sent to a host that is not trusted. See the wiki section "Adaptive replication" for details. DELETE Delete applications or application versions. This command deletes both the database records and the files under the download and apps di- rectories, so use with care. The following options can be specified: --version=VER Select only application versions with the version number VER. The version number must be specified as major.minor. --platform=NAME Select only application versions for the platform NAME. --plan_class=NAME Select only application versions having the plan class NAME. If more than one of the options --version, --platform and --plan_class are specified, then only application versions matching all the cri- teria are deleted. If none of these options are specified, then the application is also deleted. Note that if one or more of these options are specified then the application is not deleted even if there are no more application versions remaining. UPDATE Update the properties of an application. The following properties can be modified: --hr=no, --hr=fine, --hr=coarse Set the homogeneous redundancy class. no means all hosts are equivalent, fine means fine-grained classification of 80 classes, coarse means coarse classification of 4 classes. Warning Do not change the homogeneous redundancy class while there are jobs in progress! --beta Indicate that this is application is in beta testing. Users can select if they are willing to test applications marked as beta in their preferences; see the wiki about how to enable this on the web interface. --no-beta Indicate that the application is no more in beta testing. --weight=NUM Specify the weight of this application if the feeder is run with the -allapps option. NUM is a floating-point value, the default is 1. --target_nresults=NUM Set the number of replicas when an otherwise unreplicated work unit is sent to a host that is not trusted. See the wiki article on "Adaptive replication" for details. --user_friendly_name=DESC Update the user-friendly description of the application. --min_version=VER Set the min. version of the application that the scheduler accepts. This is checked only if the client uses the anonymous platform. The version number must be specified as major.minor. --deprecated Indicate that the application is deprecated. The feeder will then ignore this application when looking for new work. --no-deprecated Remove the deprecation mark from the application. UPDATE_APPVER Update the properties of an application version. The version(s) to operate on can be specified with the --version, --platform and --plan_class options, as described at the DELETE command. The following properties can be modified: --min_core_version=VER Set the min. version of the core client that is required to run this application version. The version number must be specified as major.minor. The 3rd component (the patch level) of the core client version is ignored. --max_core_version=VER Set the max. version of the core client that is allowed to run this application. Note that the scheduler ignores this setting cur- rently. --deprecated Indicate that the application version is deprecated. The feeder will then ignore this version when looking for new work. --no-deprecated Remove the deprecation mark from the application version. LIST_PLATFORM List the platforms known to the project. If the --short option is specified, then only the short names of the platforms are listed. ADD_PLATFORM Add a new platform. NAME is the short name of the platform that is used in the scheduler requests. DESC is the user-friendly name that is displayed to users. DELETE_PLATFORM Delete a platform. If the --force option is specified, the command deletes all application versions for this platform. Otherwise, if there are such application versions, the command will fail. UPDATE_PLATFORM Update the properties of a platform. The following properties can be modified: --user_friendly_name=DESC Update the user-friendly description of the platform. --deprecated Indicate that the platform is deprecated. The feeder will then ignore this platform when looking for new work. --no-deprecated Remove the deprecation mark from the platform. ADD_STANDARD_PLATFORMS Add all the standard platform definitions to the database that do not exist yet. August 27, 2009 appmgr(8)