Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Move a TXT file greater or equal 355 MB with its corresponding .LST file Post 303043350 by alexcol on Saturday 25th of January 2020 08:10:56 PM
Old 01-25-2020
Thank you very much for your help, I tested the script and its working properly, could u mind explain me briefly these lines:

Code:
 while IFS= read -r fn

loop ?

Code:
 fn2=${fn%.TXT}.LST

var ?

Thanks for your help in advenced

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl how to move pointer to previous line in a txt file?

I have a text file that has blocks of text. Each block starts with ### and ends with End_###. I wrote a perl script to search a string from line 2 (ignore any line starts with ###) of each block if matched, need to print that whole block. According to the input file in below, it will print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to find files equal to and greater than

Hi Guys and Gals, I'm having some difficulty putting this check into a shell script. I would like to search a particular directory for a number of files. The logic I have is pretty simple: Find file named *.txt that are newer than <this file> and count them If the number of files is equal to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Greater Than Or Equal To

BASH problem with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. I have tried a dozen variations for this IF statement to work with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. My code below WORKS. array=( $( /usr/bin/sar -q 1 30 |grep Average |awk '{print $2,$3}' ) ) nthreads="${array}" avproc="${array}" if && ; then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diex
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johannd
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johannd
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing menu.lst file in Ubuntu

I am not able to find menu.lst in /boot. During the Linux Kernel Compilation I installed the kernel using make install. Next I created an initrd image. I had to modify the Grub configuration file - /boot/grub/menu.lst which I am not able to find. Any resolution for the issue? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for file size greater than "0" of specific pattern and move those to another directory

Hi , i have some files of specific pattern ...i need to look for files which are having size greater than zero and move those files to another directory.. Ex... abc_0702, abc_0709, abc_782 abc_1234 ...etc need to find out which is having the size >0 and move those to target directory..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
7 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare first column from two csv files with greater than or equal, and less than

I have two csv files of different sizes. The output file needs to have file1 contents on top of file2 contents where file2 col1 is >= to file1 col1, and file2 col1(same value) is < file1 col1 (next value). So basically, some file2 rows will be matched to the same file1 row because it is the closet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
7 Replies
TXTRecordCreate(3DNS_SD)			      DNS Service Discovery Library Functions				  TXTRecordCreate(3DNS_SD)

NAME
TXTRecordCreate, TXTRecordDeallocate, TXTRecordSetValue, TXTRecordRemoveValue, TXTRecordGetLength, TXTRecordGetBytesPtr, TXTRecordCon- tainsKey, TXTRecordGetValuePtr, TXTRecordGetCount, TXTRecordGetItemAtIndex - DNS TXT record manipulation functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -ldns_sd [ library ... ] #include <dns_sd.h> void TXTRecordCreate(TXTRecordRef *txtRecord, uint16_t bufferLen, void *buffer); void TXTRecordDeallocate(TXTRecordRef*txtRecord); DNSServiceErrorType txtRecord(TXTRecordRef *txtRecord, const char *key, uint8_t valueSize, const void *value); DNSServiceErrorType TXTRecordRemoveValue(TXTRecordRef *txtRecord, const char *key); uint16_t TXTRecordGetLength(const TXTRecordRef *txtRecord); const void *TXTRecordGetBytesPtr(const TXTRecordRef *txtRecord); int *TXTRecordContainsKey(uint16_t *txtLen, const void *txtRecord, const char *key); const void *TXTRecordGetValuePtr(uint16_t *txtLen, const void *txtRecord, const char *key, uint8_t *valueLen); uint16_t *TXTRecordGetCount(uint16_t *txtLen, const void *txtRecord); DNSServiceErrorType TXTRecordGetItemAtIndex(uint16_t *txtLen, const void *txtRecord, uint16_t *index, uint16_t *keyBufLen, char *key, uint8_t *valueLen, const void **value); DESCRIPTION
These functions in the libdns_sd library allow applications to create and to manipulate TXT resource records. TXT resource records enable applications to include service specific information, other than a host name and port number, as part of the service registration. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 20 Aug 2007 TXTRecordCreate(3DNS_SD)