Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX script error message
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX script error message Post 303043328 by Hope on Friday 24th of January 2020 10:36:06 AM
Old 01-24-2020
UNIX script error message

Greeting!!
I wrote the below script to e-mail me only file names in a specific directory when a file is delayed for some time in a that directory. I am getting unexpected eof error message.
I don't want any email if the folder is blank.(if the condition is not met) I am not getting the email at all.

Code:
cd /abc/test/source_test
if [ $(find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -cmin +240 |wc -l) -gt 0 ]; then - print mailx -r "#xyz@email.com" -s "DAP | ALERT | FOUND OLDER FILES IN DROP FILE DIRECTORY" "myfirst.last@email.com" else:fi

Thanks
Hope

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-24-2020 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error Message in unix

Hi all......I'm sorry if my english is not that good. Can somebody help me to about this error. I found it in message.log Jan 16 18:22:42 ASM imapd: get_balanced_partition: -- chosen Jan 16 18:22:50 ASM SUNW,UltraSPARC-III+: NOTICE: Corrected system bus (CE) Event detected by CPU1 at TL=0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while executing the shell script

Hi All, When I am trying to execute the below shell script I got this error message. script ========== #!/bin/bash /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_10/bin/java - classpath /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar/: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/jarfiles:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyaduwanshi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Self referencing script error message

Hello again all. I have a user editable script that I'd like to have point out the user error to. Problem is I'm having troubles getting an echoed error message to give me the line. Here's what I'm trying to do. grep -n $loc /this/script.sh where '$loc' is the argument passed to the script.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing error message back to script

I have one script that calls another script during execution. The other script does some processing, then either returns with exit 0 (if successful), or exits with error code numbers (if failed). However, in addition to the error code, I would like for that second script to be able to pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deliver an error message from script?

Hi I have a script that pick up a file on another server, and place it on a solaris server, but I came across the following error: mget HLR01_21092014? 200 Port command successful 150 Opening data channel for file transfer. HLR01_21092014: No space left on device 426 Connection closed;... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while openning the xls file generated by UNIX

Hi All, I have created a unix script to mail the xls file.This is being done using mailx command fdate=`tail -1 abc.xls | cut -c1-8` SUBJECT="CARD GL Exceptions : ${ENV} for ${fdate}" destname=CARD_GL_Exceptions_$fdate sed 's/#BUSINESS/BUSINESS/1' abc.xls > abc2.xls mv abc2.xls abc.xls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slack message multi line from UNIX script

Hi OS: Redhat Version 7.5 Enterprise Trying to post message from shell script to Slack channel and trying below code: text="$msg" text1="$lmsg" if ] then echo "No text specified" exit 1 fi escapedText=$(echo $text | $text1 | sed 's/"/\"/g' | sed "s/'/\'/g" )... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

I have this UNIX script code with a query to export sql table in Oracle and export to csv file. The code gets the data correctly. However, when I run the script second time, I got the error message "not spooling currently" and shows the older data in csv file. When I delete the csv file and run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
5 Replies
NOTMUCH-SEARCH-TERMS(7) 				 Miscellaneous Information Manual				   NOTMUCH-SEARCH-TERMS(7)

NAME
notmuch-search-terms - Syntax for notmuch queries SYNOPSIS
notmuch count [options...] <search-term>... notmuch dump [ <filename> ] [--] [ <search-term>...] notmuch search [options...] <search-term>... notmuch show [options...] <search-term>... notmuch tag +<tag>|-<tag> [...] [--] <search-term>... DESCRIPTION
Several notmuch commands accept a common syntax for search terms. The search terms can consist of free-form text (and quoted phrases) which will match all messages that contain all of the given terms/phrases in the body, the subject, or any of the sender or recipient headers. As a special case, a search string consisting of exactly a single asterisk ("*") will match all messages. In addition to free text, the following prefixes can be used to force terms to match against specific portions of an email, (where <brack- ets> indicate user-supplied values): from:<name-or-address> to:<name-or-address> subject:<word-or-quoted-phrase> attachment:<word> tag:<tag> (or is:<tag>) id:<message-id> thread:<thread-id> folder:<directory-path> The from: prefix is used to match the name or address of the sender of an email message. The to: prefix is used to match the names or addresses of any recipient of an email message, (whether To, Cc, or Bcc). Any term prefixed with subject: will match only text from the subject of an email. Searching for a phrase in the subject is supported by including quotation marks around the phrase, immediately following subject:. The attachment: prefix can be used to search for specific filenames (or extensions) of attachments to email messages. For tag: and is: valid tag values include inbox and unread by default for new messages added by notmuch new as well as any other tag values added manually with notmuch tag. For id:, message ID values are the literal contents of the Message-ID: header of email messages, but without the '<', '>' delimiters. The thread: prefix can be used with the thread ID values that are generated internally by notmuch (and do not appear in email messages). These thread ID values can be seen in the first column of output from notmuch search The folder: prefix can be used to search for email message files that are contained within particular directories within the mail store. Only the directory components below the top-level mail database path are available to be searched. In addition to individual terms, multiple terms can be combined with Boolean operators ( and, or, not , etc.). Each term in the query will be implicitly connected by a logical AND if no explicit operator is provided, (except that terms with a common prefix will be implicitly combined with OR until we get Xapian defect #402 fixed). Parentheses can also be used to control the combination of the Boolean operators, but will have to be protected from interpretation by the shell, (such as by putting quotation marks around any parenthesized expression). Finally, results can be restricted to only messages within a particular time range, (based on the Date: header) with a syntax of: <initial-timestamp>..<final-timestamp> Each timestamp is a number representing the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC. This is not the most convenient means of expressing date ranges, but until notmuch is fixed to accept a more convenient form, one can use the date program to construct timestamps. For example, with the bash shell the following syntax would specify a date range to return messages from 2009-10-01 until the current time: $(date +%s -d 2009-10-01)..$(date +%s) SEE ALSO
notmuch(1), notmuch-config(1), notmuch-count(1), notmuch-dump(1), notmuch-hooks(5), notmuch-new(1), notmuch-reply(1), notmuch-restore(1), notmuch-search(1), notmuch-show(1), notmuch-tag(1) Notmuch 0.13.2 2012-06-01 NOTMUCH-SEARCH-TERMS(7)