Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Deleting unused kdb+ analytic files in RedHat Post 303043295 by Neo on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 10:01:24 AM
Old 01-23-2020
Yes, I think (did not check)... did MadeInGermany give you a command to check the last access times of files in his reply?

Or are you looking for something different or in addition?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting old files

Hi, I have a directory which contains files.This Directory keeps getting in new files from time to time.I want to maintain only 15 files in that directory at any time and the old files should be deleted. Eg: Directory 'c' @'a/b/c contains: 1_a 2_a 3_a... I want to delete all the old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
2 Replies

2. Programming

Analytic functions in Pro*c

Hi All, when I use the following analytic function in sql prompt, i am getting the result count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) /* select count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) from temp */ but when i use the same analytic function in Pro*c i get the following error Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files

Hi all, I have developed a shell script to copy the files from source to destination and simultaneously to delete the copied files in source. I can copy the files but the files cannot be deleted in source side. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesan
3 Replies

6. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to get the stack trace using kdb?

Hi All, I am trying to debug my core file using kdb. When I try to get the stack trace I am facing this error. core mapped from @ 700000000000000 to @ 70000000306fc04 Preserving 1680415 bytes of symbol table Dump does not start with valid magic number WARNING: Possibly truncated or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies
SA(1M)																	    SA(1M)

NAME
sa, accton - system accounting SYNOPSIS
sa [ -abcjlnrstuv ] [ file ] /etc/accton [ file ] DESCRIPTION
With an argument naming an existing file, accton causes system accounting information for every process executed to be placed at the end of the file. If no arguemnt is given, accounting is turned off. Sa reports on, cleans up, and generally maintains accounting files. Sa is able to condense the information in /usr/adm/acct into a summary file /usr/adm/savacct which contains a count of the number of times each command was called and the time resources consumed. This condensation is desirable because on a large system acct can grow by 100 blocks per day. The summary file is read before the accounting file, so the reports include all available information. If a file name is given as the last argument, that file will be treated as the accounting file; sha is the default. There are zillions of options: a Place all command names containing unprintable characters and those used only once under the name `***other.' b Sort output by sum of user and system time divided by number of calls. Default sort is by sum of user and system times. c Besides total user, system, and real time for each command print percentage of total time over all commands. j Instead of total minutes time for each category, give seconds per call. l Separate system and user time; normally they are combined. m Print number of processes and number of CPU minutes for each user. n Sort by number of calls. r Reverse order of sort. s Merge accounting file into summary file /usr/adm/savacct when done. t For each command report ratio of real time to the sum of user and system times. u Superseding all other flags, print for each command in the accounting file the user ID and command name. v If the next character is a digit n, then type the name of each command used n times or fewer. Await a reply from the typewriter; if it begins with `y', add the command to the category `**junk**.' This is used to strip out garbage. FILES
/usr/adm/acct raw accounting /usr/adm/savacct summary /usr/adm/usracct per-user summary SEE ALSO
ac(1), acct(2) SA(1M)