Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Deleting unused kdb+ analytic files in RedHat Post 303043286 by Michael37 on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 08:55:46 AM
Old 01-23-2020
When I run [lsb_release -a] I get:
Code:
[LSB Version:    :core-4.1-amd64:core-4.1-noarch]
[Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseServer]
[Description:    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.7 (Maipo)]
[Release:        7.7]
[Codename:       Maipo]

I am using kdb+/q technology for the databases/UI's etc. Is this is what you are referring to? Thank you

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting old files

Hi, I have a directory which contains files.This Directory keeps getting in new files from time to time.I want to maintain only 15 files in that directory at any time and the old files should be deleted. Eg: Directory 'c' @'a/b/c contains: 1_a 2_a 3_a... I want to delete all the old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
2 Replies

2. Programming

Analytic functions in Pro*c

Hi All, when I use the following analytic function in sql prompt, i am getting the result count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) /* select count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) from temp */ but when i use the same analytic function in Pro*c i get the following error Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files

Hi all, I have developed a shell script to copy the files from source to destination and simultaneously to delete the copied files in source. I can copy the files but the files cannot be deleted in source side. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesan
3 Replies

6. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to get the stack trace using kdb?

Hi All, I am trying to debug my core file using kdb. When I try to get the stack trace I am facing this error. core mapped from @ 700000000000000 to @ 70000000306fc04 Preserving 1680415 bytes of symbol table Dump does not start with valid magic number WARNING: Possibly truncated or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies
kdb_util(8krb)															    kdb_util(8krb)

Name
       kdb_util - Kerberos database utility

Syntax
       /var/dss/kerberos/bin/kdb_util operation filename [ database ]

Arguments
       operation
		Function to perform on the database. The operation argument must be one of the following values:

load   Converts the database in file filename, to format and overwrites the database specified.

dump   Converts the database into form, and writes the result to file, filename.

slave_dump
		       Performs  the same function as dump, and creates the file when finished.  The is used by to determine if a slave_dump is in
		       progress, or if it did not complete successfully.

new_master_key
		       Prompts you for the old key of the Kerberos database as well as a new master key.  It converts  the  database  into  format
		       and,  at the same time, decrypts those sections of the database encrypted with the old master key and re-encrypts them with
		       the new master key.  The result is written to the file, filename.

filename The name of the source file for the load operation or the destination file for the  operations:  dump,	slave_dump,  and  new_mas-
		ter_key.

database The name of the database.  If the argument is not included, the Kerberos database is stored in files and by default.

Description
       The  command  allows  the Kerberos administrator to perform several functions on the entire Kerberos database of a master or slave Kerberos
       server in one operation.  The database argument specifies the name of the Kerberos database.  The Kerberos database utility reads from  and
       writes to the Kerberos database and, in addition, it reads from and writes to a file in format:	 filename.  A file is an ASCII representa-
       tion of a Kerberos database.  The functions that can be specified by the operation argument are listed in the Arguments section.

Whenever the Kerberos database is changed by the modification time of is updated.  The file indicates the age of the database.

Files
       See Also
	      krb_dbase(5krb), kdb_init(8krb), kdb_edit(8krb), kdb_destroy(8krb), kstash(8krb)

kdb_util(8krb)