Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Deleting unused kdb+ analytic files in RedHat Post 303043274 by Michael37 on Thursday 23rd of January 2020 05:39:49 AM
Old 01-23-2020
Deleting unused kdb+ analytic files in RedHat

Hello guys Smilie
I am new to using Unix and was hoping somebody could help me. Essentially, I am trying to clean out my database. For example, I have a directory filled with 100s of analytics and I want to know if they are used by any other analytics or if they are used by the front end user interface platforms. When I run
Code:
grep -rl (analytic_name)

it returns other analytics where this analytic is used. But i would like to run something that means i don't have to go through them one by one.
Thank you very much. Any help is appreciated

Linux 3.10.0-1062.1.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Sep 16 14:19:51 EDT 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last edited by Michael37; 01-23-2020 at 06:58 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting old files

Hi, I have a directory which contains files.This Directory keeps getting in new files from time to time.I want to maintain only 15 files in that directory at any time and the old files should be deleted. Eg: Directory 'c' @'a/b/c contains: 1_a 2_a 3_a... I want to delete all the old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
2 Replies

2. Programming

Analytic functions in Pro*c

Hi All, when I use the following analytic function in sql prompt, i am getting the result count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) /* select count(emp_no) over (partition by emp_no ) from temp */ but when i use the same analytic function in Pro*c i get the following error Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files

Hi all, I have developed a shell script to copy the files from source to destination and simultaneously to delete the copied files in source. I can copy the files but the files cannot be deleted in source side. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesan
3 Replies

6. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to get the stack trace using kdb?

Hi All, I am trying to debug my core file using kdb. When I try to get the stack trace I am facing this error. core mapped from @ 700000000000000 to @ 70000000306fc04 Preserving 1680415 bytes of symbol table Dump does not start with valid magic number WARNING: Possibly truncated or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies
atos(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   atos(1)

NAME
atos -- convert numeric addresses to symbols of binary images or processes SYNOPSIS
atos [-o <binary-image-file>] [-p <pid> | <partial-executable-name>] [-arch architecture] [-l <load-address>] [-s <slide>] [-printHeader] [-f <address-input-file>] [<address> ...] DESCRIPTION
The atos command converts numeric addresses to their symbolic equivalents. If full debug symbol information is available, for example in a .app.dSYM sitting beside a .app, then the output of atos will include file name and source line number information. The input addresses may be given in one of three ways: 1. A list of addresses at the end of the argument list. 2. Using the -f <address-input-file> argument to specify the path of an input file containing whitespace-separated numeric addresses. 3. If no addresses were directly specified, atos enters an interactive mode, reading addresses from stdin. The symbols are found in either a binary image file or in a currently executing process, as specified by: -o <binary-image-file> The path to a binary image file in which to look up symbols. -p <pid> | <partial-executable-name> The process ID or the partial name of a currently executing process in which to look up symbols. Multiple process IDs or paths can be specified if necessary, and the two can be mixed in any order. When working with a Mach-O binary image file, atos considers only addresses and symbols defined in that binary image file, at their default locations (unless the -l or -s option is given). When working with a running process, atos considers addresses and symbols defined in all binary images currently loaded by that process, at their loaded locations. The following additional options are available. -arch architecture The particular architecure of a binary image file in which to look up symbols. -l <load-address> The load address of the binary image. This value is always assumed to be in hex, even without a "0x" prefix. The input addresses are assumed to be in a binary image with that load address. Load addresses for binary images can be found in the Binary Images: sec- tion at the bottom of crash, sample, leaks, and malloc_history reports. -s <slide> The slide value of the binary image -- this is the difference between the load address of a binary image, and the address at which the binary image was built. This slide value is subtracted from the input addresses. It is usually easier to directly specify the load address with the -l argument than to manually calculate a slide value. -printHeader If a process was specified, the first line of atos output should be a header of the form "Looking up symbols in process <pid> named: <process-name>". This is primarily used when atos is invoked as part of a stackshot(1) run, for verification of the process ID and name. EXAMPLE
A stripped, optimized version of Sketch was built as an x86_64 position-independent executable (PIE) into /BuildProducts/Release. Full debug symbol information is available in Sketch.app.dSYM, which sits alongside Sketch.app. When Sketch.app was run, the Sketch binary (which was built at 0x100000000) was loaded at 0x10acde000. Running 'sample Sketch' showed 3 addresses that we want to get symbol information for -- 0x10acea1d3, 0x10ace4bea, and 0x10ace4b7a. First notice that the .dSYM is next to the .app: % ls -1 /BuildProducts/Release/ Sketch.app Sketch.app.dSYM Now, to symbolicate, we run atos with the -o flag specifying the path to the actual Sketch executable (not the .app wrapper), the -arch x86_64 flag, and the -l 0x10acde000 flag to specify the load address. % atos -o /BuildProducts/Release/Sketch.app/Contents/MacOS/Sketch -arch x86_64 -l 0x10acde000 0x10acea1d3 0x10ace4bea 0x10ace4b7a -[SKTGraphicView drawRect:] (in Sketch) (SKTGraphicView.m:445) -[SKTGraphic drawHandlesInView:] (in Sketch) (NSGeometry.h:110) -[SKTGraphic drawHandleInView:atPoint:] (in Sketch) (SKTGraphic.m:490) GETTING SYMBOLS FOR A DIFFERENT MACHINE ARCHITECTURE
It is possible to get symbols for addresses from a different machine architecture than the system on which atos is running. For example, when running atos on an Intel-based system, one may wish to get the symbol for an address that came from a backtrace of a process running on a PowerPC machine. To do so, use the -arch flag to specify the desired architecture (such as i386 or ppc) and pass in a corresponding sym- bol-rich Mach-O binary image file with a binary image of the corresponding architecture (such as a Universal Binary). BSD
January 15, 2010 BSD