Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove a word that ends with special character "!" Post 303043233 by RudiC on Wednesday 22nd of January 2020 03:28:55 AM
Old 01-22-2020
Pls. show (some of) your attempts and failures / errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl split funciton - special character "/"

HI, I have a directory structure. /abc/def/ghi/ I want to store it into array. So that if I do a pop function on that array I can easily go to previous directory. But how can i split and store it. @Directory = split(/\//,$DirectoryVarialbe) That doest works. Any other escape sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print range of lines using sed when pattern has special character "["

Hi, My input has much more lines, but few of them are below pin(IDF) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : signal; pin(SELDIV6) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove lines if the first character is "|"

Hi. I have a huge file (350 million lines). I need to delete all lines in it that: 1. Begin with a pipe character -- '|' 2. Or have less than 5 pipe characters in the line Have been searching for some SED/AWK help for this (which is faster btw on such a ginormous file?) but only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkiula
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove word after special character "/"

Hi There, I have one requirement to remove word after character "/". Input file is 2017-07-12|02|user1l|domain1/userl|0 2017-07-12|02|user2|domain1/user2|5 2017-07-12|02|user3|domain2/user3|0 2017-07-12|02|user4|domain1/user4|432 and require OP file is ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
2 Replies
STRIP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  STRIP(1)

NAME
strip -- discard information from ELF objects SYNOPSIS
strip [-d | -g | -S | --strip-debug] [-h | --help] [--only-keep-debug] [-o outputfile | --output-file=outputfile] [-p | --preserve-dates] [-s | --strip-all] [--strip-unneeded] [-w | --wildcard] [-x | --discard-all] [-I format | --input-target=format] [-K symbol | --keep-symbol=symbol] [-N symbol | --strip-symbol=symbol] [-O format | --output-target=format] [-R sectionname | --remove-section=sectionname] [-V | --version] [-X | --discard-locals] file ... DESCRIPTION
The strip utility is used to discard information from ELF objects. The strip utility supports the following options: -d | -g | -S | --strip-debug Remove debugging symbols only. -h | --help Print a help message and exit. --only-keep-debug Remove all content except that which would be used for debugging. -o outputfile | --output-file=outputfile Write the stripped object to file outputfile. The default behaviour is to modify objects in place. -p | --preserve-dates Preserve the object's access and modification times. -s | --strip-all Remove all symbols. --strip-unneeded Remove all symbols not needed for further relocation processing. -w | --wildcard Use shell-style patterns to name symbols. The following meta-characters are recognized in patterns: ! If this is the first character of the pattern, invert the sense of the pattern match. * Matches any string of characters in a symbol name. ? Matches zero or one character in a symbol name. [ Mark the start of a character class. Remove the special meaning of the next character in the pattern. ] Mark the end of a character class. -x | --discard-all Discard all non-global symbols. -I format | --input-target=format These options are accepted, but are ignored. -K symbol | --keep-symbol=symbol Keep the symbol symbol even if it would otherwise be stripped. This option may be specified multiple times. -N symbol | --strip-symbol=symbol Remove the symbol symbol even if it would otherwise have been kept. This option may be specified multiple times. -O format | --output-target=format Set the output file format to format. For the full list of supported formats, please see the documentation for function elftc_bfd_find_target(3). -R sectionname | --remove-section=sectionname Remove the section named by the argument sectionname. This option may be specified multiple times. -V | --version Print a version identifier and exit. -X | --discard-locals Remove compiler-generated local symbols. DIAGNOSTICS
The strip utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
ar(1), elfcopy(1), ld(1), mcs(1), elf(3), elftc_bfd_find_target(3), fnmatch(3) BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD