Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove a word that ends with special character "!" Post 303043228 by faizlo on Wednesday 22nd of January 2020 02:26:24 AM
Old 01-22-2020
Remove a word that ends with special character "!"

Hi all.

I want to use sed to remove a word that ends with "!" in the first page of a file. The word I want to remove is: "DNA!".
I have search for an answer and nothing of what I found helped me.

~faizlo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl split funciton - special character "/"

HI, I have a directory structure. /abc/def/ghi/ I want to store it into array. So that if I do a pop function on that array I can easily go to previous directory. But how can i split and store it. @Directory = split(/\//,$DirectoryVarialbe) That doest works. Any other escape sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print range of lines using sed when pattern has special character "["

Hi, My input has much more lines, but few of them are below pin(IDF) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : signal; pin(SELDIV6) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove lines if the first character is "|"

Hi. I have a huge file (350 million lines). I need to delete all lines in it that: 1. Begin with a pipe character -- '|' 2. Or have less than 5 pipe characters in the line Have been searching for some SED/AWK help for this (which is faster btw on such a ginormous file?) but only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkiula
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove word after special character "/"

Hi There, I have one requirement to remove word after character "/". Input file is 2017-07-12|02|user1l|domain1/userl|0 2017-07-12|02|user2|domain1/user2|5 2017-07-12|02|user3|domain2/user3|0 2017-07-12|02|user4|domain1/user4|432 and require OP file is ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
2 Replies
SIBsim4(1)							   User Manuals 							SIBsim4(1)

NAME
SIBsim4 - align RNA sequences with a DNA sequence, allowing for introns SYNOPSIS
SIBsim4 [ options ] dna rna_db DESCRIPTION
SIBsim4 is a similarity-based tool for aligning a collection of expressed sequences (EST, mRNA) with a genomic DNA sequence. Launching SIBsim4 without any arguments will print the options list, along with their default values. SIBsim4 employs a blast-based technique to first determine the basic matching blocks representing the "exon cores". In this first stage, it detects all possible exact matches of W-mers (i.e., DNA words of size W) between the two sequences and extends them to maximal scoring gap-free segments. In the second stage, the exon cores are extended into the adjacent as-yet-unmatched fragments using greedy alignment algorithms, and heuristics are used to favor configurations that conform to the splice-site recognition signals (e.g., GT-AG). If neces- sary, the process is repeated with less stringent parameters on the unmatched fragments. By default, SIBsim4 searches both strands and reports the best matches, measured by the number of matching nucleotides found in the align- ment. The R command line option can be used to restrict the search to one orientation (strand) only. Currently, four major alignment display options are supported, controlled by the A option. By default, only the endpoints, overall similar- ity, and orientation of the introns are reported. An arrow sign ('->' or '<-') indicates the orientation of the intron. The sign `==' marks the absence from the alignment of a cDNA fragment starting at that position. In the description below, the term MSP denotes a maximal scoring pair, that is, a pair of highly similar fragments in the two sequences, obtained during the blast-like procedure by extending a W-mer hit by matches and perhaps a few mismatches. OPTIONS
-A <int> output format 0: exon endpoints only 1: alignment text 3: both exon endpoints and alignment text 4: both exon endpoints and alignment text with polyA info Note that 2 is unimplemented. Default value is 0. -C <int> MSP score threshold for the second pass. Default value is 12. -c <int> minimum score cutoff value. Alignments which have scores below this value are not reported. Default value is 50. -E <int> cutoff value. Default value is 3. -f <int> score filter in percent. When multiple hits are detected for the same RNA element, only those having a score within this percentage of the maximal score for that RNA element are reported. Setting this value to 0 disables filtering and all hits will be reported, provided their score is above the cutoff value specified through the c option. Default value is 75. -g <int> join exons when gap on genomic and RNA have lengths which differ at most by this percentage. Default value is 10. -H <int> report chimeric transcripts when the best score is lower than this percentage of the overall RNA coverage and the chimera score is greater than this percentage of the RNA length (0 disables this report) Default value is 75. -I <int> window width in which to search for intron splicing. Default value is 6. -K <int> MSP score threshold for the first pass. Default value is 16. -L <str> a comma separated list of forward splice-types. Default value is "GTAG,GCAG,GTAC,ATAC". -M <int> scoring splice sites, evaluate match within M nucleotides. Default value is 10. -o <int> when printing results, offset nt positions in dna sequence by this amount. Default value is 0. -q <int> penalty for a nucleotide mismatch. Default value is -5. -R <int> direction of search 0: search the '+' (direct) strand only 1: search the '-' strand only 2: search both strands Default value is 2. -r <int> reward for a nucleotide match. Default value is 1. -S <int> splice site indels search breadth. While determining the best position of a splice site, SIBsim4 will evaluate adding at most this number of insertions and deletions on the DNA strand on each side of the splice junction. Default value is 2. -s <int> split score in percent. While linking MSP, if two consecutive group of exons appear like they could be part of two different copies of the same gene, they will be tested to see if the score of each individual group relative to the best overall score is greater than this value. If both groups have a relative score above this threshold they will be split. Default value is 75. -W <int> word size. Default value is 12. -X <int> value for terminating word extensions. Default value is 12. Bioinformatics April 2007 SIBsim4(1)