Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk search syntax
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk search syntax Post 303043222 by migurus on Tuesday 21st of January 2020 03:15:34 PM
Old 01-21-2020
Thank you RudiC

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Syntax errors :/

I recently started as an intern and my manager wanted to see how well I would handle Korn Bourne shell scripting without any prior experience, I have prior programming experience but I keep running into syntax errors with AWK. Please take a look at my simple code and tell me what stupid mistake... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Awk Syntax

I have written many awk commands which go in multiple lines. I have this confusion many times. Some time they work if i dont terminate them with "\" but some time error. Some time in "if" statements between if and else if i dont use ";" it gives error but sometimes it doesnt. The below... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax help

I don't get correct output when I run this command line: nmap -sP failedhost.com | grep -i failed | awk -F '{print $6}' I basically want it to return 'failedhost.com' but its just showing the output of the nmap scan. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK syntax

Hi I am trying to understand AWK syntax so I tried this command which gives me the home directory of root awk 'BEGIN { FS = ":"} {if ($1 == "root") print $6 }' /etc/passwd I would know what are the following commands doing. The first one prints all /etc/passwd, second prints nothing. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk syntax

Little bit confusing while using awk :confused::confused: In Sed while pattern search we can use "(double quotes) i mean $a=hello $cat file.txt |sed -n "/$a/p"this thing work fine But if i use it in awk it's not working How could i do the substitution of pattern by a variables and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: posix
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK syntax help

i have a ksh code that needs to be written in AWK. can someone please help me here? :( if }" | grep -c "$2") -gt 0 ] ; then print - "found $2 in array ignore" else print - "did not find $2 in array ignore" fi ignore=4ty56r ignore=er45ty . . . ignore=frhtg2 (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
27 Replies

7. AIX

Help with syntax using AWK

I have a file which is comma separated and has quotes. I can use this command and awk -F"," '{ if ($4=="01" print $0 }' test.txt But this doesn't fetch me the data.since it has quotes. If the data has no quotes,the above command works fine. In Unix you can skip quote \" but this doesn't work.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesnar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error using Awk

more report2.txt how to modify the AWK to print above out put for given n no of inputs using report2.txt file? out put should be (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax

Hi I have a bash file which will split a big file to many small files. But I got a syntax error.H="$(head -1 CCC.tped)" awk 'print $0 > $1 ".tped"' CCC.tped for f in $(ls *.tped); do echo "$H\n" "$(cat $f)" >$f; done And -bash-4.1$ bash split awk: print $0 > $1".tped" awk: ^ syntax error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the awk syntax

Hello Experts: While writing a script to help one of the posts on here, I end up writing a wrong one. I am very much eager to know how this can be corrected. Aim was to not print specified columns - lets say out of 100 fields, need to print all but 5th, 10th, 15th columns. Someone already... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies
SIGSETOPS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      SIGSETOPS(3)

NAME
sigemptyset, sigfillset, sigaddset, sigdelset, sigismember - POSIX signal set operations. SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigemptyset(sigset_t *set); int sigfillset(sigset_t *set); int sigaddset(sigset_t *set, int signum); int sigdelset(sigset_t *set, int signum); int sigismember(const sigset_t *set, int signum); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sigemptyset(), sigfillset(), sigaddset(), sigdelset(), sigismember(): _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 1 || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _POSIX_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
These functions allow the manipulation of POSIX signal sets. sigemptyset() initializes the signal set given by set to empty, with all signals excluded from the set. sigfillset() initializes set to full, including all signals. sigaddset() and sigdelset() add and delete respectively signal signum from set. sigismember() tests whether signum is a member of set. Objects of type sigset_t must be initialized by a call to either sigemptyset() or sigfillset() before being passed to the functions sigaddset(), sigdelset() and sigismember() or the additional glibc functions described below (sigisemptyset(), sigandset(), and sig- orset()). The results are undefined if this is not done. RETURN VALUE
sigemptyset(), sigfillset(), sigaddset(), and sigdelset() return 0 on success and -1 on error. sigismember() returns 1 if signum is a member of set, 0 if signum is not a member, and -1 on error. On error, these functions set errno to indicate the cause. ERRORS
EINVAL sig is not a valid signal. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Glibc notes If the _GNU_SOURCE feature test macro is defined, then <signal.h> exposes three other functions for manipulating signal sets. int sigisemptyset(sigset_t *set); returns 1 if set contains no signals, and 0 otherwise. int sigorset(sigset_t *dest, sigset_t *left, sigset_t *right); places the union of the sets left and right in dest. int sigandset(sigset_t *dest, sigset_t *left, sigset_t *right); places the intersection of the sets left and right in dest. sigorset() and sigandset() return 0 on success, and -1 on failure. These functions are nonstandard (a few other systems provide similar functions) and their use should be avoided in portable applications. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigpending(2), sigprocmask(2), sigsuspend(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2013-04-19 SIGSETOPS(3)