Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Chattr recursive exclude directory Post 303043171 by carnagel on Monday 20th of January 2020 04:23:24 PM
Old 01-20-2020
Thankyou, flawless execution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar directory but exclude other

OS: SunOS perfs01 5.8 Generic_117350-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 I want to tar a directory, but there are subdirectoires I want to exclude. Does anyone know how to do it? Please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemjesse
1 Replies

2. Programming

recursive copy of the directory

I want to copy a directory recursively ( it again has directories) and the directory is on windows and is nfsmounted in vxWorks, i am using unix to develop the code for this, can any one suggest me how to copy the directories recursively. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude a directory to tar

If use tar file from a directory , how to exclude a sub-directory in this directory ? ll drw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Oct 12 11:58 b drw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Oct 12 10:54 c drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 12 11:57 d drw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Oct 12 10:54 d eg . I want to tar all files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

CVS recursive diff -- how to exclude specific directories?

I think I've seen out there that there is a command to ignore specific files within a directory when doing a (-R) recursive diff. I've never used this so I was wondering if there was anyone who could provide an example how I would run this. My thoughts are something like: cvs diff -i <fileName1>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
2 Replies

5. Programming

Recursive remove directory.

What is the best way to completely remove dir with it's content ??? rmdir deletes only EMPTY dirs as i know. The man page of remove function says "remove() deletes a name from the file system." Can it remove any dir recursively ??? :rolleyes: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trump
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive wc on a directory?

Hi all, I need to count the number of lines in all the files under a directory (several levels deep). I am feeling extremely dumb, but I don't know how to do that. Needless to say, I am not a shell script wiz... Any advice? thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bimba17
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude a directory in 'find'

Hi, I'm in the process of writing a shell script which will be ran under cron hourly and will check for files of specific age in my ftp folder, then moves those over inside a folder called "old" (which is within the ftp dir). But, I'm unable to figure out how to exclude the "old" folder when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutex1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive directory search using ls instead of find

I was working on a shell script and found that the find command took too long, especially when I had to execute it multiple times. After some thought and research I came up with two functions. fileScan() filescan will cd into a directory and perform any operations you would like from within... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive copy into a directory and all its subdirectories...

I want to copy a file from the top directory into all the sub-folders and all of the sub-folders of those sub-folder etc. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Thanks in advance of any help you can give. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EinsteinMcfly
3 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Alternative for chattr

Hello im working on "remover script" which try to remove "kthrotlds MINER VIRUS" in next part of my remover script i have to work on files that it destroyed, virus use chattr to open and lock files and replace them with malicious content im looking for a solution to remove chattr and disable... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
9 Replies
HTML::AsSubs(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   HTML::AsSubs(3)

NAME
HTML::AsSubs - functions that construct a HTML syntax tree VERSION
This document describes version 5.03 of HTML::AsSubs, released September 22, 2012 as part of HTML-Tree. SYNOPSIS
use HTML::AsSubs; $h = body( h1("This is the heading"), p("This is the first paragraph which contains a ", a({href=>'link.html'}, "link"), " and an ", img({src=>'img.gif', alt=>'image'}), "." ), ); print $h->as_HTML; DESCRIPTION
This module exports functions that can be used to construct various HTML elements. The functions are named after the tags of the corresponding HTML element and are all written in lower case. If the first argument is a hash reference then it will be used to initialize the attributes of this element. The remaining arguments are regarded as content. For a similar idea (i.e., it's another case where the syntax tree of the Perl source mirrors the syntax tree of the HTML produced), see HTML::Element's "new_from_lol" method. For what I now think is a cleaner implementation of this same idea, see the excellent module "XML::Generator", which is what I suggest for actual real-life use. (I suggest this over "HTML::AsSubs" and over "CGI.pm"'s HTML-making functions.) ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
This module was inspired by the following message: Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 16:11:30 +0100 Subject: Wow! I have a large lightbulb above my head! Take a moment to consider these lines: %OVERLOAD=( '""' => sub { join("", @{$_[0]}) } ); sub html { my($type)=shift; bless ["<$type>", @_, "</$type>"]; } :-) I *love* Perl 5! Thankyou Larry and Ilya. Regards, Tim Bunce. p.s. If you didn't get it, think about recursive data types: html(html()) p.p.s. I'll turn this into a much more practical example in a day or two. p.p.p.s. It's a pity that overloads are not inherited. Is this a bug? BUGS
The exported link() function overrides the builtin link() function. The exported tr() function must be called using &tr(...) syntax because it clashes with the builtin tr/../../ operator. SEE ALSO
HTML::Element, XML::Generator html head title base link meta isindex nextid script style body h1 h2 h3 h4 h5 h6 p pre div blockquote a img br hr ol ul dir menu li dl dt dd dfn cite code em kbd samp strong var address span b i u tt center font big small strike sub sup table tr td th caption form input select option textarea object applet param map area frame frameset noframe A bunch of methods for creating tags. Private Functions _elem() The _elem() function is wrapped by all the html 'tag' functions. It takes a tag-name, optional hashref of attributes and a list of content as parameters. AUTHOR
Current maintainers: o Christopher J. Madsen "<perl AT cjmweb.net>" o Jeff Fearn "<jfearn AT cpan.org>" Original HTML-Tree author: o Gisle Aas Former maintainers: o Sean M. Burke o Andy Lester o Pete Krawczyk "<petek AT cpan.org>" You can follow or contribute to HTML-Tree's development at <http://github.com/madsen/HTML-Tree>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 1995-1998 Gisle Aas, 1999-2004 Sean M. Burke, 2005 Andy Lester, 2006 Pete Krawczyk, 2010 Jeff Fearn, 2012 Christopher J. Madsen. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The programs in this library are distributed in the hope that they will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 HTML::AsSubs(3)